New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

Wow. I'm really surprised that Amy and Shadow don't have the updated articulation. Amy has new hands to hold her hammer but Shadow is the same old figure that has been released multiple times. I was really hoping that they'd all be new figures with new articulation. Now I feel kinda ripped off having to be duplicates once again just to get a new accessory. But, the Doom's Eye that Shadow comes with is pretty awesome.

I picked up the Chaotix pack at my local TRU today. My plan was to not open it and wait and see if they released one with Charmy's shoulder pads painted later on (and then exchange it).

But, I'm looking at the figure and it's not just a matter of the shoulder pads being unpainted. There aren't even any sculpted pads there. It's basically just Classic Sonic's arms.

While I wouldn't have been surprised by a repainted re-release, I would be VERY surprised if they actually released a version with a new arm sculpt. So I might just open this pack and be done with it.

I also got the little flocked things. Really thought I'd be able to resist those, but they were just too darn cute :P

These guys usually take a bit more time to spread to our side of the country, don't they Mark? It's interesting to hear that you've found them.

They certainly do. I was surprised myself. I stopped by my local TRU on black friday and they had the flocked figures, but not the Chaotix. Then I stopped by a TRU near my fiance's parents' house in Bronx, NY and they had nothing. Then I stopped by my local one again this morning and they had two Chaotix packs. No sign of Blaze or any of the accessory releases, but Charmy was the one I wanted most so it was a nice surprise ^_^

As they leak in, I hope to pick up Blaze and Amy with her Hammer. I was planning on passing with most of the other Accessory figures (I bought a "master emerald" at an art supply store that suits me just fine) but that Doom's Eye is way cooler than a gun, so I might be suckered into buying Shadow again as well o_0

Wow, I figured it would be another week or so until the Chaotix packs hit the east coast. I may have to go check my local TRU's then. I've got the $20 for $10 TRU groupon that I can use towards whatever but I was hoping to buy the Chaotix pack along with a figure w/ accessory or the Blaze comic pack. The Blaze pack and the new singles are a ways off I believe so maybe I'll wait until TRU has them. The hard part is waiting! I'm dying to get Charmy!

Silver looks fat to be honest.

EDIT: First 4 Figures 2-inch figures are old news, but look at this packaging change. http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONIC-The-Hedgehog-Mini-Figure-2-Collection-SONIC-Figure-NEW-/230887851189?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item35c1fd04b5

As did I. We all seem to use those craft store paper weights though anyway. =P

Yeah the one they're showing there only looks slightly bigger than the emeralds from the super pack. I think I'll stick with my paper weight. It fits nicely in the Hidden Palace papercraft ^_^