New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

How were they not? O,o

Well, with that pic of Metal Sonic in that pack I stand corrected but I don't remember any of those two being officially confirmed.

Sometimes Jazwares releases stuff without any announcement (SG Statue, Mini-Flocked figures, etc.), also on their Facebook they did an April Fools prank and showed a picture of "Classic Knuckles" and after that they confirmed Knux would be released next year from what I remember.

I vaguely remember them hinting that Metal Sonic was coming now. Maybe the really did promise Knux too. Don't know how he'd be released though... The comic packs and single figures are full and there's already two boxsets coming that he't not a part of.

Well... I stopped by a ToysRUs Express (the only one in the state this year) and picked up the Classic 5 pack. Now, I have every 3" scale Jazwares Sonic figure made to date and haven't really regretted picking up anything but I have to say, it really hurt shelling out money for this pack. It's $34.99 and only available at TRU Express similar to last year's Modern 6 Pack. With the 20% any item coupon that can be used at any TRU store through tomorrow, the price was brought down to $27.99. Still though, that was way more than anyone should pay for this set. Not only is it bad enough that we have to buy a ton of repacks to buy one new figure, but poor Metal Sonic is just a bad figure. Articulation wise, he has a head swivel, FRONT TO BACK SHOULDER SWIVELS, wrist swivels, hip swivel joints, and ankle swivels. If you didn't catch that, HIS SHOULDERS DO NOT MOVE OUT TO HIS SIDES LIKE EVERY OTHER SONIC FIGURE MADE SO FAR, but only front to back. So you can put his arms in front of him like he is a mummy but that's about it. Basically you can't get him into any good poses so he is more or less a static figure. Also, the paint and detailing on the figure is pretty sad. Every single pack I looked through at the store had bad paints on all the figures. To make matters worse, the paints used in this pack are extremely glossy and thick. The arms of all the figures are coated in this thick, glossy, and just plain ugly paint and this creates stuck joints. I was carefully moving all the joints to the figures when I opened the pack and right out of the box, Super Sonic's hand, his leg, and Amy's hands broke off because of the clumped on paint. Most of the Tails from these packs also have torsos that don't completely sit together like they should. These Sonic figures took like five steps back in quality from the more recent ones. Not a single repack figure from this set looks or feels superior to the ones released previously. These figures are made of a worse plastic and worse paints than anything Jazwares has released recently. I only pray that the upcoming 3" figures are made well like the new Super Pack figures and not like these figures...

ClassicMetalSonicTurnaround.jpg

ClassicMetalSonicComparisons.jpg

DSCN0238.jpg

Good lord! In the name of Huckleberry Hound, Jazwares seriously I know you can do better than this, this is just crap. Honestly, I think I'm actually glad I bought the Sonic & Amy pack a few days before this came out, because the Amy is good quality, another thing is, I think I will order the Super Sonic Tin Pack since it will most likely not so breakable. Also, why does Metal Sonic have a black nose and no black hole in the yellow stomach area?

EDIT: TRU Express never randomly shows up anywhere in my area, if they were to release this in a single card in regular stores, I hope they improve the paint.

Wow, that's pretty disgusting. I can see why they didn't go out of their way to announce this figure o_0 I hope Charmy doesn't look like this!

I was very unsure about rebuying 5 other figures for a Classic Metal to begin with. After seeing those pictures, it's a no brainer.

We really should make it known how dissapointed we are :( I really hope they release a better version of this down the road (preferably with less rebuys packaged in as well).

I wonder if they're not announcing these or releasing them in the main stores because they KNOW how mad the fans will be. They just quietly rush these unfinished messes into the outlet stores for black friday to trick unsuspecting parents and grandparents into buying them for their kids . . . very sneaky -_-

Jazwares has (once again) fixed their Shadow plushie, it looks better compared to the past 3 versions of the plush but is still ugly, also the plush has a new tag. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIB-Sonic-The-Hedgehog-Posh-Stuffed-SHADOW-KNUCKLES-7-Collectible-Toys-/130807228743?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item1e74b7e947