New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

I can't believe it, the new figures aren't even out yet still, I checked eBay, ToyWiz, and TRU online and still nothing, well, though maybe scalpers haven't got a hold of them yet so maybe that's why and I will go to TRU tomorrow but not for a Sonic figure.

The only thing I saw at Toys R Us are new plush toys. The come in a light blue packaging. There are small talking ones but they look horribly deformed. I wonder what's going on with the new figure releases? I have been checking Toys R Us to see if I find anything new but no luck. I don't think I'll look online unless I really have to. I am looking forward to the figures with accessories, mainly Amy with her Piko Piko Hammer. I hope the quality is improved as well but I highly doubt it.

First sign of new Sonic figures I believe... So far its just this same old 5" scale Classic Sonic but he is in the new packaging for this year's releases.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f1bc89aec

Hope the other new figures show up soon!

That's great to see, looks like Jazwares is going to change the art style on the packaging for new figures.

Jaxwares update: "Just so you guys know, I'm trying to get some sonic related news. Your requests are not falling on deaf ears. Fingers crossed I'll have something for you shortly."

Hopefully they'll announce the cast we've been waiting for! Maybe some extra stuff now that David Vonner is on the team!

*yawn* HEY, I'm awake again! What's been happening? I think I was here last....what, Christmas?

I went back a few pages to catch up (a little, anyway): saw the list of potential figures 'n some other stuff. Reason I'm back is that the Sonic bug is biting again, but there's no new product (a fact that seemed to be well covered here). I saw those Erector sets today and it made me think of the 'ol thread. The sets look kinda boring, but....dangit, they have Emeralds in them! Now I'm curious about how big they are; anyone know? I'm almost thinking of buying the smallest set just to see...not that I'd bother buying them all just to get some smaller Emeralds.

Anyway, another reason I'm thinkin' Sonic is that my friend brought over his old Sega (and for him, "old" means friggin' pristine and dust free) so I was blasting through Sonic 3 for the heck of it. I want some new blood, but I still haven't gotten around to getting Sonic 4 Ep. 2, since I bought the Wii version like a sucker, and now I gotta buy them both again on another system to get the extras. Instead I beat up the 3DS version of Generations...that was quick.

GAH. Very much looking forward to new toys right now! Jazwares is pumping out some Hanna Barbera stuff, so I know they're workin' hard. Need some love on the Sonic end too!

Sonic Generations for 3DS, although a great game, was shorter than the console version. I've been playing Kingdom Hearts 2 to pass the time. The packing looks hella cool, and like Superchaos, I also want a Sonic with SOAP shoes. The Joyride one is to expensive with me just ordering a Nenderoid.

Sonic Generations for 3DS, although a great game, was shorter than the console version.

Yeah, that sucker went down quick. I'm still pecking at the missions, but I need those stupid play coins to unlock them, and honestly, the 3DS is my wife's and I don't feel like carrying it with me everywhere so I can gain more coins.

I have the console version, but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. It'll probably next!

Hey fellas! So I noticed that two TRUs near me had cleaned up their sonic section and left some pegs open with date-stickers on the end, which in the past has always meant new Jazwares toys were on the way.

But yesterday I went in and found the pegs full of NON-jazwares Sonic flashlights o_0

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pTRU1-12095074reg.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp%3FproductId%3D12539451&usg=__vp615qDjJ08ZPozojepQ-OgykGA=&h=220&w=220&sz=19&hl=en&start=1&zoom=1&tbnid=b8HycrxRrI6MbM:&tbnh=107&tbnw=107&ei=iI9HUP_rE6Xs0gHcuIGQCQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dsonic%2Bthe%2Bhedgehog%2Bflashlight%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26sa%3DX%26rls%3Den%26tbm%3Disch%26prmd%3Divns&itbs=1

Besides that one, there were these lamp-esque things that look like Sonic statues, but when you push down on them they light up. There was Sonic with a light-up gold ring, Shadow with a light up green emerald, and Silver with the design on his glove lighting up. All very poorly painted and looking like they would fall apart in a matter of minutes.

Anyone else seen these?

Now that the TRU pegs have been filled with this junk, I'm worried that Charmy, Blaze, and Rouge are still a ways off :(

Those lamps made me curious, and for only ten dollars it sounded good. To bad there's no quality. Also, SuperChaos, I am on Proud mode, I beat it on Standard in August. I sorta wish we could continue on with Roxas in the game, but that's what 358/2 days is for, I guess. It's great to know someone else here loves a great series! I still need Dream Drop Distance...

I've been curious about trying the English patched versions of the Final Mix games. I'd like the bonus content.

I doubt I'd be able to beat Terra's Lingering Spirit though. That fight looks insane.

How many of the games have you finished? I'm a huge fan, I have been for years, but I still haven't played through all the games, and I've yet to play 358/2 Days, Coded or Re:Coded, Dream Drop Distance. XD Back around Easter, I had my mother buy me a PSP so that I could play Birth by Sleep, so I don't think I'll be able to get a 3DS any time soon unless I finally get a job.

I hope that Kingdom Hearts III has Toy Story in it. I'll be so happy. Hahaha.

I still plan on looking into those Sonic lamps though, they seem interesting.

I have seen those light up sonic statue things at TRU today. The ones I saw looked fine to me. Still no sign of new sonic figures. Jazwares apparently now makes regular show and hannah barbara frgures.

I'm excited, they just signed a deal to make Nicktoons figures as well. I'm really looking forward to those!

That's great to hear! I'm a big fan of Nicktoons, I hope they make Hey Arnold, Ren and Stimpy, and others.

I recently saw the new Regular Show figures. I absolutely love Regular Show, but the figures look terrible in my opinion. Nicktoons figures are great, but I hope classics like Rugrats and Hey Arnold are included in the set.

SuperChaos, I have Re:Coded, 358/2 Days, 2, and BBS. I haven't finished BBS, but I bought my PSP just for that game.(and Power Stone) I hope they don't make one for Vita,I don't have one, and I don't know if I could shovel out that money. I don't have a job, haha. That battle is crazy, with Terra. Also, how's Kingdom Hearts 1? I never had the chance to buy it, I may consider eBay.

Oh, and if I recall, in Kingdom Hearts 2, the beta supposedly had models of Buzz and Woody in the game, but it was so late in development that they didn't have the time to include them. I want Pixar love in Kingdom Hearts 3.

Edited by GammaMachine

That's great to hear! I'm a big fan of Nicktoons, I hope they make Hey Arnold, Ren and Stimpy, and others.

I recently saw the new Regular Show figures. I absolutely love Regular Show, but the figures look terrible in my opinion. Nicktoons figures are great, but I hope classics like Rugrats and Hey Arnold are included in the set.

They did. : D

"Jazwares announced that it has signed a deal with Nickelodeon to create Nicktoons-themed figures and plush. The line will feature products for Rugrats, Jimmy Neutron, Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, Ren & Stimpy, Fairly Odd Parents, CatDog, Hey Arnold!, Danny Phantom, Rocket Power, Rocko's Modern Life, and T.U.F.F. Puppy. This licensing agreement follows Jazwares' 2011 release of figures and electronics based on Nickelodeon's popular Fanboy & Chum Chum series."

Jazwares' Nicktoons line will include two-inch six-pack and four-pack figure sets as well as two-inch figures, six-inch figures, and seven-inch plush items. The line of articulated and collectible figures as well as plush items will be available nationwide fall 2012."

Source: http://www.anbmedia..../real-deal-115/

When I found out about it on their Facebook page, it made my day. I was extremely happy to hear that. There's so many good ones I'd love to collect. There's few they didn't include but I don't mind because they still included a LOT of best ones, they even included few that I thought they wouldn't, like Ren & Stimpy, CatDog, or Hey Arnold!... I'm no fan of Ren & Stimpy show but I knew a lot of people love that old classic.

I swear, it seem like that Jazwares continues to get better and better... First, there's Sonic figures, then there's Adventure Time figures, then Scribblenaut figures (I've seen Scribblenaut stuff they made, I want them so bad already, I love those games!), and now many great Nicktoons will have figures and even plushies of them. There's even Tom & Jerry ones I want to get at some point. I'm really glad I have a part-time job... Just one week then I can afford a lot of them.

Shame that they didn't mention Angry Beavers, I loved that show so much too. My gosh, I love the way they design their packages to go with figures.. It's too good to be true. I'm a huge 90's Nicktoon loving fan and a fan of Jazwares here, so this is big news to me!

Anyway as for new Sonic figures, let's not worry; we WILL see them eventually, it isn't the first time that they have been delayed to appear, have they? =)

I've lost interest in continuing SA2B playthrough, I just want to enjoy doing stuff, you know.. instead of doing that, it feels like a chore after few first parts.

Those lamp statues sounds interesting, especially Shadow holding Chaos Emerald one, that sounds really cool. I'd buy one when I spot one, hopefully that it doesn't look crappy, of course!

Yeah, I keep wanting to get the Regular Show stuff, but Mordecai is the only one I like so far. I really want a Rigby, but they molded his mouth in this crazy nutcracker pose and he looks freakish. Also, it just seems like Jazwares' paint jobs are getting so gloppy. I haven't found a Hanna Barbera figure I want yet, but when I do, it looks like it'll be hell going through them trying to find a paint job without smears or glops or chips. Same kinda went for the small Mortal Kombat figures as well, and on top of that, you could take off a lot of the paint with just your fingernail if you weren't careful. More and more I'm wondering why I'm paying normal toy prices for Jazwares stuff when they seem like they're doing things a little cheaper than others. I wouldn't mind all the errors if they were just a little cheaper.

Gamma, the original game is great. You might wanna get used to hearing Sora with a high pitched voice first, because his voice being deeper in II was really weird at first. Also, I'm aware of the Buzz and Woody models, so I'm hopeful there will be a world for them in III. Speaking of which, I believe that it was said that the next game will be III, so I doubt we have to worry about anything on the Vita.

I grew up on Nicktoons, so I was excited about that too. It is a shame though that there's not mention of Angry Beavers, Invader Zim, Doug, SpongeBob SquarePants, etc.