New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

Alright, guys...I do have new stuff to share this time!

Firstly, an image of Wave has finally appeared. It can be found on ToyWiz under the general Sonic figures category (the other Free Riders figures are also pictured):

http://www.toywiz.co...criderwave.html

Secondly, it appears that Jazwares is doing a Sonic Generations commemorative statue:

http://www.bigbadtoy...161&mode=retail

JWI10161.jpg

Not only does it look spot on, but this would be a great buy for us Americans who missed out on the statue from the collector's edition (even though the poses are different).

Another thing I notice, as well: Jazwares seems to have used a completely new, Sonic Generations-themed packaging for the statue here. Does this mean there could be new Sonic Generations figures in the pipeline? :D I can't imagine them using a whole new style of packaging just for one item.

Those are some AWESOME finds, SuperSawnyc! So glad we're finally seeing Wave. Though is it me or does the color of her torso not match her head and arms? Hopefully that's not the case with the final product. Also, did anyone notice that Toywiz's picture of Storm has WHITE SOCKS, instead of the grey ones that have been popping up most places. I wonder if that's already been corrected since the initial release ^_^ (What color are the socks on your Storm, Lee?)

As for that commemorative statue. I will TOTALLY get that, despite going through all the trouble of attaining the UK Statue. I like the more dynamic pose of this one better actually. Hopefully the paint job is a bit higher quality than their regular figures since it's a "Statue" and not just an "action figure" ^_^

Sorry I haven't posted any photos of my display (and customs) for those who were asking. Not only have I not had the time, but I can't find my camera (and my camera phone won't do it justice). I'll get them up here when I can though ^_^

Sorry for not posting in forever, I've been lurking around once every week, though.

I gotta comment on what's new:

-Pictures of four new Rider figures looked amazing, I learned how to be excited for Sonic figures again. =] Still waiting for Blaze the Cat; recently, she just became my number 1 favorite character, and she always have been my biggest favorite; and I didn't realize it sooner. I always play as her when she is playable in any Sonic games, I drew her more often than other Sonic characters, and so on.

-Surprised about single figure packs of F4F's figures, still will avoid those. =/ I can just easily get a full package of all F4F's character figures if I wanted to, but I'll pass. lol I only collect figures in 3-4" scale, anyway.

-That SG Collector Status looked freaking amazing, oddly; it made me think of SA2B Sonic when I saw that... MUST-GET. Seems like good price too, but I'd like to get that in actual store if I did see it. =] Of course, it isn't even out yet, but I seriously can't wait for it.

-Nendo Sonic is beautifully-made, if I do buy it, I'd really only get it for item capsules too... I have way too many Sonic figures anyway. =/

Oh and other day, I saw Tails as Rider in Toys R US, as well as Classic Sonic/Amy comic package, decided to skip that, because I already have the comic and C. Sonic, so I'll just wait for single Classic Amy Rose, since they have been doing single packages for comic characters before. Like Knuckles and Amy Rose for instance. However, I am definitely getting all of new Rider figures, especially Wave and Storm, they are higher profit to me right now. =]

Random news; but now that Super Mario 3D Land is out, I finally got a reason to buy 3DS, and luckily for me, there was a special bundle for red 3DS with that game together for $179.99! I'm so happy I waited on getting 3DS until they come with better games and more reasonable price.

Sweet! Wave looks good aside from the discolored torso and glad to see later shipments of these Riders figures will have the corrected Storm. January isn't too far off and I'm glad I preordered them through Toywiz already. Hopefully I'll get a corrected Storm.

The statue looks great too. I do hope that there are more figures branded under the Sonic Generations name. I mean, the 20th Anniversary stuff will fade out of stores pretty soon and hopefully Generations figures will come in. Cmon Rogue, Blaze, and Charmy!

Oh and other day, I saw Tails as Rider in Toys R US, as well as Classic Sonic/Amy comic package, decided to skip that, because I already have the comic and C. Sonic, so I'll just wait for single Classic Amy Rose, since they have been doing single packages for comic characters before. Like Knuckles and Amy Rose for instance.

Ignoring the fact that the Modern Amy single figure is rare as heck (:P), that does still make me wonder why Vector and Espio* are comic pack exclusive. As you said, literally all the other characters have single pack variants now (or will do ala classic Amy), but the only way to get them is through either the Knuckles/Espio combo pack or their own paired combo pack, hence why the latter is so darn pricey!

*Clear variant notwithstanding.

The statue looks great too. I do hope that there are more figures branded under the Sonic Generations name. I mean, the 20th Anniversary stuff will fade out of stores pretty soon and hopefully <b>Generations figures</b> will come in. Cmon <b>Rogue, Blaze, and Charmy!</b>

Wait a minute... Blaze, Charmy, and Charmy were in Sonic Generations. Maybe they will appear as Sonic Generation figures............

Ignoring the fact that the Modern Amy single figure is rare as heck (:P), that does still make me wonder why Vector and Espio* are comic pack exclusive. As you said, literally all the other characters have single pack variants now (or will do ala classic Amy), but the only way to get them is through either the Knuckles/Espio combo pack or their own paired combo pack, hence why the latter is so darn pricey!

*Clear variant notwithstanding.

Yeah, that was weird when Vector and Espio became comic pack; when they could made single packages for them in the first place. lol

Still, at least single packages still happen. =]

Alright, guys...I do have new stuff to share this time!

Firstly, an image of Wave has finally appeared. It can be found on ToyWiz under the general Sonic figures category (the other Free Riders figures are also pictured):

http://www.toywiz.co...criderwave.html

Secondly, it appears that Jazwares is doing a Sonic Generations commemorative statue:

http://www.bigbadtoy...161&mode=retail

JWI10161.jpg

Not only does it look spot on, but this would be a great buy for us Americans who missed out on the statue from the collector's edition (even though the poses are different).

Another thing I notice, as well: Jazwares seems to have used a completely new, Sonic Generations-themed packaging for the statue here. Does this mean there could be new Sonic Generations figures in the pipeline? :D I can't imagine them using a whole new style of packaging just for one item.

I was just going to post that and it's so cheap too. I could buy 3 and still be under the 100$ mark, which is exactly what I'll do.

This might just be a special thing for this piece though, keep that in mind.

Hey hey TECHA :D you ok?

My STORM's socks are............................................................................... Grey DOH! at least it'll be a rare item....... ish

but I wont buy another corrected one as cost me like £13 to import him and tails alone

WAVE wow a 2nd female character thank frick maybe now we'll see BLAZE soon and Charmy and ROUGE .

Pheonix I wouldnt stand buy the release date on the site to much as they say STORM is to start shipping in January as well, and he's on my shelf along with the others guarding my Sonic Comics :)

I have a feeling we will wont see a new batch of info until Feb....... ala ToyFair.

Also anyone else notice the note on the statue box saying unlockable codes inside? could these be the ones for the trophy room?

The ONLY thing I don't like about the new statue is there seems to be a space between the muzzle and eyes on both figures, plus Modern sonic's paint seems a bit splotchy where the beige on his arm meets the blue at his shoulders, other than that it's a must buy.

And if they made a super version of this statue, I would buy 5. Happily.

leeseymour, you may be on to something. I was hoping for some sort of DLC, since I already have all of the statues(thank you, internet). Anyways, that statue is awesome, a great alternate for America, since those in Europe will most likely have to import. I also noticed that in the pic that it didn't have a TRU symbol, so does this mean it will be at Target, or Gamestop? It could be a pre-release pic, too... Also, does anyone know how much it is?

leeseymour, you may be on to something. I was hoping for some sort of DLC, since I already have all of the statues(thank you, internet). Anyways, that statue is awesome, a great alternate for America, since those in Europe will most likely have to import. I also noticed that in the pic that it didn't have a TRU symbol, so does this mean it will be at Target, or Gamestop? It could be a pre-release pic, too... Also, does anyone know how much it is?

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=JWI10161&mode=retail&picture=out

I also noticed that in the pic that it didn't have a TRU symbol, so does this mean it will be at Target, or Gamestop? It could be a pre-release pic, too... Also, does anyone know how much it is?

BBTS has it for preorder so chances are it'll be sold my retailers other than just TRU

@Lees: I'd put money on that Jan. release thats listed. This is probably a second batch of manufactured figures since Wave will be included and Storm is corrected. They all just say Jan. since they're being shipped in cases together.

Great find!

I have significantly toned down my figure purchases as well. Only 3 inch stuff from now on. Free Riders figures, modern and classic 3in. Maybe an exception here and there. But that statue looks great! Must have!

Also, I would recommend re-buying the 3in figures with badniks if any of you are looking for figures with vastly improved quality. I rebought Shadow and Silver and the quality is spot on! They do seem to be using parts of older figures from surplus, seeing as my Shadow has had his old factory number painted over. But I don't really mind. Also, the 3in classic figures have better plastic now! The hands and feet are solid! And Target has restocked the figures. Slightly higher prices but it's like a 15 to 30 cent increase. Still much more affordable than Toys R Us. Glad to see you guys are doing alright. I've been checking on the forum every once in a while.

Been doing some hunting for the last figure I need for the 20th anniversary 3 inch set, Silver and the Iblis Biter. Been to Forbidden Planet Cardiff twice within 2 weeks, been to 2 different GAME stores 3 times within 2 weeks and I have yet to see it. I've seen Classic Sonic and Motobug, Classic Tails and Grabber, Modern Sonic and Spinner, Shadow and Monobeetle, Knuckles and Eggpawn, and Tails and Sandworm, but nope, not a single Silver, the most common ones I find are Tails and Sandworm, Sonic and Spinner and Knuckles and Eggpawn, and Silver isn't worth the price to import it off Ebay or the internet either. Hopefully I'll find it soon.

Also if there is a 2nd wave of Sonic Generations figures I'd like to see:

a Cream and Cheese pack, Charmy and Wisp pack, Rouge and GUN Hunter pack, Blaze and Iblis Taker pack, Vector and Aero-Cannon pack and Espio and Chopper and finally Amy and Spiny pack.

That way we'd get the new characters of Cream, Charmy, Rouge and Blaze as well as Vector and Espio single packs and a new Amy too since she has disappeared.

The TRU by me has a Buy One Get One half off (a BOGO50) on all video games and accessories, so I managed to get Sonic Colors Wii for $15. I'm current on the classic figures, but now I need to find Storm and Wave!

I broke down and bought the Mortal Kombat Klassic cyborg pack. Anybody wanna buy the other two (Cyrax and Sektor) for $6 and shipping each or $10 and shipping for both?