New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

Thanks Lalam24, preordered mine for the item box

You only got it for the item box? If you are willing to sell the figure, I'll buy it off you

Sorry Tigger, I got it for the itembox and checkpoint, the figure is just a bonus really which I won't be selling sorry, however, I may change my mind when I get the figure.

I return from my long absence (even though I've been lurking this whole time :P) to see this Nendoroid, and...wow. I think it's safe to say I've found my next Christmas present. I was a bit iffy on the figure when it was first announced during the summer, but...those accessories, man. All these bells and whistles and attention to detail show that Good Smile really did their homework when making this figure.

But that aside, I don't just want it for the accessories. The figure looks really cool in a quirky sort of way, and the interchangeable parts are an excellent addition. Still, I would've KILLED to have a customizable item box and checkpoint accessory as a kid. ;_;

Before I shamelessly ask my parents for a pre-order, though, I have a few questions (as I'm not very well-versed with Japanese figures):

1. Does the figure come with the clear square base and the curved posing tube like in the pictures?

2. Will the ring and Chaos Emerald accessories include their own supports like in the pictures?

3. AmiAmi's website only shows the price in yen. Will this convert to USD when shipping to the United States?

The figure itself looks incredible to me. And, to be frank, much better than anything Jazwares has dished out. Not to mention the fact that the quality control won't be complete #$##.

This man speaks the truth. IF they make a Knuckles and Tails..........there goes my entire Jazwares collection up on Ebay!

1. Does the figure come with the clear square base and the curved posing tube like in the pictures?

2. Will the ring and Chaos Emerald accessories include their own supports like in the pictures?

3. AmiAmi's website only shows the price in yen. Will this convert to USD when shipping to the United States?

As with every other Nendoroid I've seen, everything seen in those pictures is what you will find with the production figure. (besides that christmas tree decoration ofcourse) So yes, those bases/stands will be included.

I've ordered from AmiAmi before without problems (I'm in the US). If you click the 'USD' under where it lists the price, it will show you the converted price. I've payed with a card and with paypal and it automatcally converts during checkout so you don't have to worry about anything there.

Just wanted to post the completed head sculpt for my Classic Ray the Squirrel custom. Didn't want people to think I was full of crap when I said I was working on a few customs ;) Not too happy with how it's looking so I'm going to re-work the fur part between his eyes for sure.

rayheadsculpt.jpg

Just wanted to post the completed head sculpt for my Classic Ray the Squirrel custom. Didn't want people to think I was full of crap when I said I was working on a few customs ;) Not too happy with how it's looking so I'm going to re-work the fur part between his eyes for sure.

rayheadsculpt.jpg

tigger thats amazing thats the best ray custom i have seen to date the unbelivably curved spines thats brilliant cant wait to see more pics keep up the awesome work ;)!893USA1-thumb.gif

Thanks Lalam24, preordered mine for the item box

You only got it for the item box? If you are willing to sell the figure, I'll buy it off you

i want one yo lalam 24 preorder mine pleasewink.gif

Is that a joke? If not -- no, sorry. Probably won't be preordering myself one, either. I've only preordered releases I'm dying for. Example: SHF Gohan, D-arts X, and SHM MechaGodzilla.

it's not a joke i just want one for the articulationwink.gif pleasegambitsmiley.gif

Wh...

I'm very, very confused.

The link provided offers a price. It's very easy to convert it into USD (especially considering they have a button for it).

Also, if you enjoy godzilla, you should look into this:

http://www.gundammod...y-hacchaka.html

your speaking my mind bro i'm liking that mechagodzillabiggrin.gif i also like the ultra act figures

Metalbadass, what the heck? I dont know if this is you trying to be funny or not but all its doing is spamming up this thread...and the board. as I see you've posted your personal have/want list. You're the reason places like theese need mods.

On a Sonic related note, I went to another TRU express and they had a few of the Sonic Deluxe Sets so i picked up another one for custom fodder. Around here anyway, only the Express locations are getting these. The regular TRUs don't even have shelf space. So if you're looking for one of these sets, a TRU express is your best bet.

I've got the biggest pile of figures to turn into customs now! :D

Metalbadass, what the heck? I dont know if this is you trying to be funny or not but all its doing is spamming up this thread...and the board. as I see you've posted your personal have/want list. You're the reason places like theese need mods.

On a Sonic related note, I went to another TRU express and they had a few of the Sonic Deluxe Sets so i picked up another one for custom fodder. Around here anyway, only the Express locations are getting these. The regular TRUs don't even have shelf space. So if you're looking for one of these sets, a TRU express is your best bet.

Tigger do you happen to take commissions?

i know i'll be careful next timewink.gif

Tigger do you happen to take commissions?

Wait Wait.. I haven't even completed a Sonic custom yet so haw can you be so sure you'll want a commission? :P I will probably be taking commissions after I get a few Sonic figures done.

No I was just wondering if you did, I wouldn't comission you if you did sorry, as whenever I have ordered a comission from the US its broken in the post.

Just an update-- not in regard to a new figure, but a 20th Anniversary repackaging. Kmart stores are now apparently selling individually-packaged versions of figures from the F4F 6-pack, and they are being offered for free with the purchase of a Sonic video game. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Super Sonic are currently available, but there are no signs of Amy or Metal Sonic yet.

This is a photo from Jazwares' Facebook page (coming from a Kmart in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico):

DSC00648-2.jpg

Is it me, or is Jazwares doing a lot of repackaging, combining, and splitting up when it comes to the 20th Anniversary line? So far we have the deluxe set which combines six previous figures, the Classics collectors set which combines four previous figures, the Shadow and Silver comic book pack (despite their "exclusive paint"), and now this. While I have nothing at all against this practice, I'm just seeing it happening more often from them lately. Maybe they just have a surplus of figures to sell right now?

Is it me, or is Jazwares doing a lot of repackaging, combining, and splitting up when it comes to the 20th Anniversary line? So far we have the deluxe set which combines six previous figures, the Classics collectors set which combines four previous figures, the Shadow and Silver comic book pack (despite their "exclusive paint"), and now this. While I have nothing at all against this practice, I'm just seeing it happening more often from them lately. Maybe they just have a surplus of figures to sell right now?

Most of the repacks/repaints are store exclusives. The Deluxe Set of 6, the 2" figure set, and the Shadow/Silver comic pack are all TRU exclusives. These may very well be Kmart exculsives since they haven't been seen elsewhere. And that Classic 4 pack? Who knows. Hasn't been found in stores by too many people. I think its just much easier to offer store exclusives in the form of repacks/repaints when the specific retaile asks for an exclusive. I've seen a lot of companies do this though, not just Jazwares.