New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

Making myself my own custom figure, this time its Shade the Echidna as I know there is no chance of her being made into a figure and I have a soft spot for her because I loved Sonic Chronicles, the sculpting is going great, but the problem I always have is making it hard. Hopefully it will turn out alright!.

Making myself my own custom figure, this time its Shade the Echidna as I know there is no chance of her being made into a figure and I have a soft spot for her because I loved Sonic Chronicles, the sculpting is going great, but the problem I always have is making it hard. Hopefully it will turn out alright!.

I'm a huge fan of Shade too, AND I think Chronicles is one of the best Sonic games we've had in years. Even if the people at Bioware were solely in charge of writing SCRIPTS for Sonic games, I think the quality of the series overall would improve immensely ^_^

That said, I still haven't given up hope that we might one day get a Shade figure. What I HAVE given up hope on, is ever getting any comic characters, which is why I started making a custom of Julie-Su a while back. She's only my second custom (after a Dr. Nega that I made), but I tried using Crayola Molding Magic to sculpt her belt, shirt, and er . . . "chest". That stuff dried pretty well on it's own. This is how it looks so far:

juliea.jpg

I only work on her very sporadically, so even though I started her months ago, it's been weeks since I did any more work on her. Obviously you can see that she needs another coat of paint (especially on her legs) and I haven't sculpted her bangs yet or added any of her little mechanical details (besides the basic color on her primary robotic dread and arm). But you can at least get a rough idea of how the Crayola Molding stuff held up ^_^

I'm a huge fan of Shade too, AND I think Chronicles is one of the best Sonic games we've had in years. Even if the people at Bioware were solely in charge of writing SCRIPTS for Sonic games, I think the quality of the series overall would improve immensely ^_^

That said, I still haven't given up hope that we might one day get a Shade figure. What I HAVE given up hope on, is ever getting any comic characters, which is why I started making a custom of Julie-Su a while back. She's only my second custom (after a Dr. Nega that I made), but I tried using Crayola Molding Magic to sculpt her belt, shirt, and er . . . "chest". That stuff dried pretty well on it's own. This is how it looks so far:

juliea.jpg

I only work on her very sporadically, so even though I started her months ago, it's been weeks since I did any more work on her. Obviously you can see that she needs another coat of paint (especially on her legs) and I haven't sculpted her bangs yet or added any of her little mechanical details (besides the basic color on her primary robotic dread and arm). But you can at least get a rough idea of how the Crayola Molding stuff held up ^_^

Are those Silver's boots on Knuckles body? Man, I tried that, but they wouldn't fit? Silver's scale is too awful to fit on my Knuckles so I used Jet the Hawk's boots instead. I started Shade last night, and made the chest and boots, next is the head which I'm dreading. Your figure looks great right now, bit more paint and finishing off the figure and it'll look sweeeet. Oh any chance you could post a picture of your Eggman Nega?

I can't wait to see Shade =].

Did anyone else see the gameplay from IGN yesterday? Perfect Chaos is scary. Very scary. Amy has a decent voice. Remix of Super Sonic Racing and a remix of Balloon Park are heard, there are probably lots more in the game. Classic Speed Highway is very heavy on platforming and looks tough. Crisis City actually looks cool, as much as it hurts to admit. I can't wait for the Perfect Chaos fight though. It looks so much more awesome than it was. Plus we get cool remixes of both of his songs =D

I can't wait to see Shade =].

Did anyone else see the gameplay from IGN yesterday? Perfect Chaos is scary. Very scary. Amy has a decent voice. Remix of Super Sonic Racing and a remix of Balloon Park are heard, there are probably lots more in the game. Classic Speed Highway is very heavy on platforming and looks tough. Crisis City actually looks cool, as much as it hurts to admit. I can't wait for the Perfect Chaos fight though. It looks so much more awesome than it was. Plus we get cool remixes of both of his songs =D

I watched the intro for the game, but that's all, I don't want to ruin any more. I've got Shade's WIP with the boots and replacement tail picture, I'll upload it ASAP.

EDIT: Here is the WIP,

http://slait.deviantart.com/#/d4e3zuq

Cool custom! You guys should try Aves Apoxie Sculpt. Literally the best sculpting compound you could use. Air drying and more durable then any of the ones mentioned here.

Still want to get a bit more done on my customs before I post some WIP pics...

I found the classic Sonic/Amy comic pack today. It's a cool sculpt and it has a waist joint but at the cost of leg joints. Her legs don't move only her ankles. I'm counting down the days until the first. Can't wait to get Sonic Generations.

SC, heres the link : http://www.avesstudio.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=28&category_id=7&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

The Apoxie Sculpt (not Apoxie Clay) is great but you can also do the Fixit Sculpt if you want a bit more durability but it is a bit tougher to work with. I find that the Sculpt does the job and holds up fine as long as you're not rough on your figure.

Dirge; bummer about Amy's articulation. At least he sculpt is still spot on. Im still holding out for the Classic 4 pack though

SC, heres the link : http://www.avesstudi...uemart&Itemid=1

The Apoxie Sculpt (not Apoxie Clay) is great but you can also do the Fixit Sculpt if you want a bit more durability but it is a bit tougher to work with. I find that the Sculpt does the job and holds up fine as long as you're not rough on your figure.

Dirge; bummer about Amy's articulation. At least he sculpt is still spot on. Im still holding out for the Classic 4 pack though

Ouch! That's expensive, I can get the Sculpy clay with 6 colours for the price of the small tub in just one colour.

Oh wow really? That's disappointing. They don't even move back and forth?

And I'm right here counting with ya. Everybody is all "OMG Halloween yayayayayay" and I'm over here like "Screw Halloween, Sonic Generations comes out the day after it! I want to skip Halloween!"

No back and forth movement at all. Which is ashame because I can't even get her in a running pose at all.

I didn't realize where was a classic 4 pack until yesterday while browsing online. I have all the classics already. Screw Halloween, Generations day is where it's at! Four more days. :D

Oh wow really? That's disappointing. They don't even move back and forth?

And I'm right here counting with ya. Everybody is all "OMG Halloween yayayayayay" and I'm over here like "Screw Halloween, Sonic Generations comes out the day after it! I want to skip Halloween!"

No back and forth movement at all. Which is ashame because I can't even get her in a running pose at all.

I didn't realize where was a classic 4 pack until yesterday while browsing online. I have all the classics already. Screw Halloween, Generations day is where it's at! Four more days. :D

That's a major bummer. I'm really disappointed now and not looking forward to the Classic Pack so much any more. Its a shame, oh well, I'm in the mood to go all out crazy with customs. A lot of customs are for the comic book characters, the Archie ones though, I think I may venture into the Fleetway comic book customs, I want to make Shortfuse and Techno.

Don't get me wrong it's a great sculpt otherwise. I do like the figure but the lack of leg movement is it's only flaw really. I've tried my hand at customs but I haven't gotten anywhere.

SC, heres the link : http://www.avesstudi...uemart&Itemid=1

Ouch! That's expensive, I can get the Sculpy clay with 6 colours for the price of the small tub in just one colour.

I guess. but you get what you pay for.

Dang, might try to modify Amy's legs so that they are articulated. I wanted to be able to get her into some kind of running pose