New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

And just to add, how do you like the Koto kit? Koto and D-Arts are releasing Rokusho, so I'm interested to see how both pan out

Yeah, I know, and the problem is that I'd want to try both, but if I buy D-Arts Rokusho, I want a Metabee to go with it.

The koto kit has a really nice look to it. Some better articulation here and there, a long with nicer proportioning, but it's also harder to play with/pose. The very common kotobukiya balljoints that simply slide in. They're nice, but they shread a bit, and some of them pop off easily (this is only really with the hip joints and elbows).

The thighs/upper arms aren't the slight grey that they are in the original design, either. I just layered it with a coat of grey primer, which worked, but it can still be annoying.

I'm thinking about splurging and getting this:

sound like too much?

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item35b6006618

Actually I looked around and found it for 165 shipping from Australia, I think I'm going to get it.

Yeah, if you can get it for $165 from Australia, I'd say go for that. I ordered from an Australia-based site a while back for roughly that price.

But as for the link you first showed (if you go that route) keep in mind that the price shown is in Euro. So that's closer to $350 in useless American money :P

165, shipping and all? Yes, and Id do it soon if your willing to spend the money. One good thing about buying this is potentially having a sealed copy to store away, collectors go bat shat nuts over sealed games. The investment alone may be worth it.

Wish I could get the demo, im one of the rare XBOX users who have never used XBOX live. With all the annoyances involved...

I'm actually with you Omni. I VERY rarely use XBOX live. I'm really not into multiplayer games, so it seemed dumb to pay the money for a wireless receiver. Once or twice a year, I'll bring my 360 downstairs near the modem and plug in to download any DLC or demos for series I really enjoy, but otherwise, I'm also among the rare XBOXers who keeps to himself :P

Also, I always justify insane purchases like this with that "investment" argument. But I can't keep from opening it once it's in my hands o_0 Maybe I should buy two of everything, sell the boxed one a year later for double the cost to make back all my money for both, while still keeping one. That'd be the smart way to go about it. But who has the time? :D

Anyway, I wish I could have been around to see Sonic at the height of his popularity. I would have been in heaven.

Ya know, even though apparently it's not as big in the US, there's WAY more product for Sonic than there ever was when I was a kid. I've been wishing for Sonic toys for YEARS, and here you are at the supposed "low point" in his popularity and there's stuff all over! If you had been there during the height of his popularity, you'd just be playin' the games back then AND now, rather than just playin' 'em now! The only difference between then and now is PRODUCT!

Alexx is quite correct Super. It's true, there was something nice about seeing Sonic ads in the mall as a kid and people ACTUALLY thinking he was cool. It made you feel cooler by association. But in terms of collectibles, this is the era to be in. My sister recently counted over 20 occurrences of Sonic in my room (not including his supporting cast), and I'd say around 17 of those occurrences are products that were made POST-Sonic Adventure.

So we've lost our integrity, but at least we have more toys . . . I'm fine with that ^_^

And just to add, how do you like the Koto kit? Koto and D-Arts are releasing Rokusho, so I'm interested to see how both pan out

Yeah, I know, and the problem is that I'd want to try both, but if I buy D-Arts Rokusho, I want a Metabee to go with it.

The koto kit has a really nice look to it. Some better articulation here and there, a long with nicer proportioning, but it's also harder to play with/pose. The very common kotobukiya balljoints that simply slide in. They're nice, but they shread a bit, and some of them pop off easily (this is only really with the hip joints and elbows).

The thighs/upper arms aren't the slight grey that they are in the original design, either. I just layered it with a coat of grey primer, which worked, but it can still be annoying.

IMG_9043.jpg

Hmm I hear that. The D-arts basically has those problems especially with the joints, even to get him into rudimentary poses is challenging when his joints pop off when I try to position them past a 45 degree angle. Still the limbs are really easy to reattach it's just annoying when trying to get him in an outstretched pose. On the plus side the figure looks great, painting and detailing are all really nice, just more focus on articulation would have been the sinker for me.

And also guys I picked up the collector's edition of generations. I'll leave it sealed and get another regular copy locally.

I got it from here: it was for the 360, I don't know if they have PS3 versions available, just click around there.

https://www.jbhifion...x?T=76&P=654843

I bought it from there becuase it was the cheapest overall and accessible listing I could find from the list presented by Sonic Stadium. And since we're literally 2 weeks away from the release, I thought it best not take chances.

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2011/09/more-retailers-listing-sonic-generations-collectors-edition-steelbook-limited-edition-revealed/

A tad expensive but I know it's worth it, this being 20th anniversary period and all that, plus the magnitude of the release, it's going to be a real treat to resell this for $1000 one day (I wish) - investment? Yeah!!!

And at Techa: Yeah I know about currencies :P

I'm thinking about splurging and getting this:

sound like too much?

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item35b6006618

Actually I looked around and found it for 165 shipping from Australia, I think I'm going to get it.

Yeah, if you can get it for $165 from Australia, I'd say go for that. I ordered from an Australia-based site a while back for roughly that price.

But as for the link you first showed (if you go that route) keep in mind that the price shown is in Euro. So that's closer to $350 in useless American money :P

165, shipping and all? Yes, and Id do it soon if your willing to spend the money. One good thing about buying this is potentially having a sealed copy to store away, collectors go bat shat nuts over sealed games. The investment alone may be worth it.

Wish I could get the demo, im one of the rare XBOX users who have never used XBOX live. With all the annoyances involved...

I'm actually with you Omni. I VERY rarely use XBOX live. I'm really not into multiplayer games, so it seemed dumb to pay the money for a wireless receiver. Once or twice a year, I'll bring my 360 downstairs near the modem and plug in to download any DLC or demos for series I really enjoy, but otherwise, I'm also among the rare XBOXers who keeps to himself :P

Also, I always justify insane purchases like this with that "investment" argument. But I can't keep from opening it once it's in my hands o_0 Maybe I should buy two of everything, sell the boxed one a year later for double the cost to make back all my money for both, while still keeping one. That'd be the smart way to go about it. But who has the time? :D

Yeah I don't use live ether, 70$ for the wireless receiver, f that. I may cave in and just do it around boxing day or so.

And:

Maybe I should buy two of everything, sell the boxed one a year later for double the cost to make back all my money for both, while still keeping one.

You've just explained EXACTLY what I do, lol.

Sorry for double post! ><

Maybe I should buy two of everything, sell the boxed one a year later for double the cost to make back all my money for both, while still keeping one.

You sir are a genius (which sounds self-complimenting since I thought of it as well, but the genius comes from actually DOING it). We should all get into it. Lucrative business. If you keep busy enough that becomes a job in itself!

Of course, if we all start doing it we lose all our potential customers . . . forget I said anything ;)

You sir are a genius (which sounds self-complimenting since I thought of it as well, but the genius comes from actually DOING it). We should all get into it. Lucrative business. If you keep busy enough that becomes a job in itself!

Of course, if we all start doing it we lose all our potential customers . . . forget I said anything ;)

Lmfao it's all good, it's one of the ways to do it

People do, do that. I have 4 metal sonic juvis packed away for the future. Unfortunately the juvis didnt prove to be a widely successful line, yet that may make them even more rare. And thats kinda shocking...ive thought about the live wireless router, but feh, I just want a gaming console, too much money for crap im not interested in, the ps3 has FREE internet.

People do, do that. I have 4 metal sonic juvis packed away for the future. Unfortunately the juvis didnt prove to be a widely successful line, yet that may make them even more rare. And thats kinda shocking...ive thought about the live wireless router, but feh, I just want a gaming console, too much money for crap im not interested in, the ps3 has FREE internet.

Yeah I was going to buy multiple metal Juvis and then I just didn't lol, only ended up getting one.

xbox is geyyyyyyyy i should have stuck to playstation after my first one, lol.

Well, guys, I never thought I'd say this... but I think my interest in this Jazwares Sonic line is fading. I'm not sure if this is just going to be a temporary thing, but lately, I've been losing interest in video games and video game collectibles. I even recently canceled my pre-order for the Sonic Generations Collector's Edition. Despite this, I'm still not completely done with video games (I don't think I'll ever be). I mean, I'll always love Sonic, Mario, Zelda and things like that, but I think video games are gonna take a backseat to movies for me now. I finally realized that I'm more of a movie buff than I am a gamer nowadays (kind of wish I realized this before I made my room a freaking shrine dedicated to video games...). Anyways... the reason I'm saying this, I guess, is because I don't think I'm gonna be around here much anymore. I will, however still be on Facebook. I have some of you on here as friends on there already. If anyone else on here has Facebook, please feel free to add me! :) www.facebook.com/cloverdox

So goodbye for now, I guess! :P

Say it aint so! Well, I wish you luck in your endeavors and what you choose to pursue. You'll be missed 'round these parts :(

Actually, Clover, my interest has almost completely faded, aswell. I understand the prospect of items being "collectibles", but when a toy is poseable, you should be able to pose it appropriately without having to fiddle with it for an hour, just to get it to stand right. The 5 inch modern figure was sculpted well -- the final product, on the other hand, is absolutely horrible. I also haven't seen one 3 inch classic sonic without bent limbs, and, while all of the ones with the tins look better, I'm not going to pay $15 for a figure that certainly isn't worth it. I'm indifferent about the line otherwise.

The frustration is too difficult to deal with. I'm not going to give money to a company that doesn't know how to produce a decent toy.

I have been having bad luck with my figures lately. My Espio's ankle broke so now I have to buy another replacement. I seem to have a problem with the Jet and Espio figures because those are the ones that broke on me. everything else is ok. I had to get replacements for a couple of my transformers figures as well because they broke somehow. This wave of bad luck needs to stop.

The figures have been doing pretty dang well on my end, and heck, I have some Jazwares's early shots at making figures, so the Sonic figures are FRIGGIN' AMAZING compared to them. I mean seriously...did anyone buy thier FIRST Mega Man figures? I bought Vile 'cause he's one of my favorite figures, but good lord, it wasn't even on par with a dollar store figure. Jazwares has come a LONG way.

Actually, Clover, my interest has almost completely faded, aswell. I understand the prospect of items being "collectibles", but when a toy is poseable, you should be able to pose it appropriately without having to fiddle with it for an hour, just to get it to stand right. The 5 inch modern figure was sculpted well -- the final product, on the other hand, is absolutely horrible. I also haven't seen one 3 inch classic sonic without bent limbs, and, while all of the ones with the tins look better, I'm not going to pay $15 for a figure that certainly isn't worth it. I'm indifferent about the line otherwise.

The frustration is too difficult to deal with. I'm not going to give money to a company that doesn't know how to produce a decent toy.

Baseline is- their sculpts are great but their pose-ability sucks monkey balls, I truly hate jazwares in this regard. Don't get me wrong I'm thankful for what has been produced, but really guys, joint structure, stability and pose-ability are all key factors in ARTICULATED FIGURES which your company "specializes" in. Realize that it's not just 12 year old snotty brats that play with these and then put them in the garbage a week later. Actual collector's have been waiting years, almost decades for decent sonic figures, and when we finally get them they flop on the floor face first or back first becuase their god damn joints cant hold their heads up properly? Come on.

Hey guys!

So I think a part of the reason that interest has faded is because it feels like Jazwares has turned Sonic into just another toyline and now they're just churning out stuff. That's part of it for me. Another part is the money to buy all this stuff and it's kinda pointless now considering we have an almost complete cast! So Joe, even though you will probably never read this, thank you so much for making our imaginations come true.

My interest in this stuff has kinda faded away, so I probably won't be around here anymore much either. But it was great getting to know you guys and going through all the news and even in times when I didn't post that often, rest assured I did my best to keep up with reading all of your posts! You guys are the best! And shout outs to SuperSawnyc, SuperChaos, LaLaM, RockSteady, Cloverdox, and everyone else who was right here, especially on that day in 2009 when all of that stuff was announced. Anyone else remember that day?

I'm probably going to stick to just collecting the classic and modern 3 inch figures now, but I figured I would leave you guys with an update:

On my latest trip to Target, the 5 inch classic Sonic has been restocked, and "2011" Sonic has been restocked as well. This is the new sculpt for modern Sonic, but with "fixed" eyes. They really aren't much better, but they're something. I honestly kinda prefer the tilted eyes version, but maybe because I got one that didn't have any major issues with head molding and stuff. Classic Sonic IS indeed the ligher colored version. But it all feels like it's just churned out now.

I'll probably stop by here every once in a while to see how things are going and stuff like that but for now it looks like this is it.

Thanks so much again guys,

Josh, or "JShedgehog", or JS, or whatever you all want to call me :D

Its still fun to get excited over toys, new stuff. Recently theres also beena tidal wave of sonic stuff, currently id say it rivals and surpasses the 90's, by far. Any who, personally im like a kid, I become hyped up about something, then id dies off for a while, new movies, new games, when first avenger came out I was more ”into” captain america than videogames.

Wowee, everyone is leaving, I'm going to be talking to myself here pretty soon XD. It's been wonderful talking to you my friend, and I hope you still drop by every now and then to discuss the games!

The day when the figures were announced was great. I was a brat back then and was crying over the articulation, and the giant joints on the Sonic figure. jazwares has blown my expectations out of the water entirely. =]

Ouch...oh well, I guess I'm no stranger to inspecting a toy before I buy it. Honestly though, I haven't had to REALLY inspect something thing Toybiz Marvel Legends (highest rate of broken-in-package that I've experienced). At least it looks like the hands just fell out and they aren't broken...

...of course I'm not saying that makes it alright! *sigh* Oh Jazwares, you've come so far, yet somehow you still make strange choices. I recently bought thier 5 inch Finn figure from Adventure Time. Says he has "stretchy arms" but they're just rubbery plastic, not stretchy. Also, the thing is ten dollars, and it's pretty much a hollow, jittery mess. He'll never stand, the rubber arms means he won't hold his sword for long, and he's all around useless.

HAHA, holy wow. Nice wun jaz. Really, its like they were in a HURRY OR SOMETHING!?!?!? So much for leaving them MIB eh?

Thats a bit of a shame...jazwares after 3 years is still mediocre when it comes to toy design. My biggest beef is the whole quality part, Sculpts wont matter so much to kiddies, but what about whether or not the damned box includes a hand or a leg?