New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

Just looked back at the first page of this thread. 2008? WHOA! That was during the time when I stopped collecting toys altogether. Thankfully, in 2009, I found a Tails figure on Ebay, and I thought it looked awesome, and cheap, so I bought it, now 2 years later, I've expanded to, Sonic, Knuckles, Amy, Espio, Vector, Eggman, Metal Sonic, Shadow, the All-Star Racing figures, the Werehog, Big the Cat and Froggy, Jet the Hawk and the Super Pack, and now I find myself moving on to the Classic figures, I've got Classic Tails, next its Classic Eggman, then when Classic Sonic and Amy comic pack comes out, I'll be buying that along with the Super Sonic Collectors tin pack, man Jazwares brought me back to the toy world. Its ironic too, since the only figures that have come to the UK are Sonic, Tails, Silver and Knuckles, along with the All-Star Racing mini figures of Sonic, Amy and Shadow and Sonic and Knuckles 3inch versions.

So there's a classic Amy coming as well? Man, what else have I missed?

Just looked back at the first page of this thread. 2008? WHOA! That was during the time when I stopped collecting toys altogether. Thankfully, in 2009, I found a Tails figure on Ebay, and I thought it looked awesome, and cheap, so I bought it, now 2 years later, I've expanded to, Sonic, Knuckles, Amy, Espio, Vector, Eggman, Metal Sonic, Shadow, the All-Star Racing figures, the Werehog, Big the Cat and Froggy, Jet the Hawk and the Super Pack, and now I find myself moving on to the Classic figures, I've got Classic Tails, next its Classic Eggman, then when Classic Sonic and Amy comic pack comes out, I'll be buying that along with the Super Sonic Collectors tin pack, man Jazwares brought me back to the toy world. Its ironic too, since the only figures that have come to the UK are Sonic, Tails, Silver and Knuckles, along with the All-Star Racing mini figures of Sonic, Amy and Shadow and Sonic and Knuckles 3inch versions.

So there's a classic Amy coming as well? Man, what else have I missed?

Ummmmm, I think that's it then for the 20th Anniversary line, but then we should have the release of Charmy, Rouge and Blaze towards the end of the year or early 2012. And ToyWiz have listed more Sonic Riders figures of Wave, Tails, Storm and Knuckles.

I noticed Classic Robotnik lacks knee joints. Looks like the classic style figures will not have knee articulation. I wonder why? Looks like Robotnik may be heavier than Eggman so a knee joint maybe a bad idea? But other than that, Robotnik looks excellent. Can't wait until i get my hands on him. I only have classic 3inch Sonic so far. Can't find anything else. My TRU finally got some 20th anniversary stuff but no 3 inch stuff. I saw the super sonics 2 pack. I didn't get them as I'm only focusing on the 3 inch line.

Has anyone else noticed that a lot of the information displayed on SonicGear has been incorrect, lately? For example:

http://www.sonicgear.org/USAPages/JazwaresGenClassic.html

Second to last article:

"Do you need a tin for some reason? Here's a nice one...with a re-issue of the classic 3 inch Super Sonic figure. They have decided to include a large metal tin with the figure. The tin has the 20th Anniversary logo, and the nice CG from Generations Classic as the art, over a checkered background. A good MIB item, as the figure is just a repeat from the Super Sonic 2 Pack. Photo discovered by Cfire176"

http://www.sonicgear.org/USAPages/JazwaresSuperPosers.html

The last article displays that there's quality control issues with Sonic Super Poser figures. While this is true, he provided an image as an example; the image is that of the new 10 inch sonic, not a super poser.

I've been thinking, apparently Rouge appears in City Escape and Charmy in Planet Wisp in Generations, wouldn't it have been better to give us Rouge and Charmy rather than another Shadow and Tails? Cream also appears in Radical Highway so now would have been a great time to release her figure too rather than another Sonic, that way we would have gotten more characters, and this would mean we would be 3 steps closer to having the Sonic Heroes cast available, only Omega would have been left.

Has anyone else noticed that a lot of the information displayed on SonicGear has been incorrect, lately? For example:

http://www.sonicgear...GenClassic.html

Second to last article:

"Do you need a tin for some reason? Here's a nice one...with a re-issue of the classic 3 inch Super Sonic figure. They have decided to include a large metal tin with the figure. The tin has the 20th Anniversary logo, and the nice CG from Generations Classic as the art, over a checkered background. A good MIB item, as the figure is just a repeat from the Super Sonic 2 Pack. Photo discovered by Cfire176"

http://www.sonicgear...uperPosers.html

The last article displays that there's quality control issues with Sonic Super Poser figures. While this is true, he provided an image as an example; the image is that of the new 10 inch sonic, not a super poser.

It's not just with the Jazwares figures. A "fancy dress" Sonic costume they deemed to be fake is an official costume made by Rubies, for instance.

I've been thinking, apparently Rouge appears in City Escape and Charmy in Planet Wisp in Generations, wouldn't it have been better to give us Rouge and Charmy rather than another Shadow and Tails? Cream also appears in Radical Highway so now would have been a great time to release her figure too rather than another Sonic, that way we would have gotten more characters, and this would mean we would be 3 steps closer to having the Sonic Heroes cast available, only Omega would have been left.

You mean Speed Highway, right? Anyway, it would have been awesome to get those figures now, but at least the figures aren't canned (as far as we know).

So I got classic super sonic with the tin, classic tails and classic robotnik. Classic robotnik is just pure win. He even has a waist joint. Wish modern robotnik had a waist joint. The egg robos are ok. Too bad they can't hold their guns. Classic tails is wonderful as well. I love the tail sculpt. Wish modern tails had his tails like that. Classic super sonic is pretty cool too. Very top heavy though. So far so good. Can't wait for newer figures.

Ok so the only Classic 3 inch figure I need is Amy I believe. I wonder if Jazwares will make a Classic Knuckles and Metal Sonic.

I was wondering that myself, but somehow it seems like they would only be shorter. Knuckles already looks like he jumped right off the old art, and Metal Sonic is just...perfection. Still, I think Metal is based off some new artwork, and there are differences between his old and new look (however slight). And hell, I'd buy it. You make Metal Sonic ANYTHING and I'll buy it. Though honestly, I really REALLY want Mecha Sonic. I hope we can see that one day. I mean...Eggrobos AND Mecha Sonic? My child self from the past would burst forth through time and steal that from me, I'm pretty sure.

Ok so the only Classic 3 inch figure I need is Amy I believe. I wonder if Jazwares will make a Classic Knuckles and Metal Sonic.

I was wondering that myself, but somehow it seems like they would only be shorter. Knuckles already looks like he jumped right off the old art, and Metal Sonic is just...perfection. Still, I think Metal is based off some new artwork, and there are differences between his old and new look (however slight). And hell, I'd buy it. You make Metal Sonic ANYTHING and I'll buy it. Though honestly, I really REALLY want Mecha Sonic. I hope we can see that one day. I mean...Eggrobos AND Mecha Sonic? My child self from the past would burst forth through time and steal that from me, I'm pretty sure.

Forgot bout Mecha Sonic. That would be awesome. There are some differences between modern and classic Knuckles. His hands and head are smaller. His body is a bit rounder as well. That's about it.

Forgot bout Mecha Sonic. That would be awesome. There are some differences between modern and classic Knuckles. His hands and head are smaller. His body is a bit rounder as well. That's about it.

Oh yeah, I forgot his fists were a lot smaller back then. Ya know, you're right, I think he would look pretty different! Well heck, I've got Sonic and Tails, I'll probably end up getting a classic version of him, too.

I think I'll purchase that Eggman at some point, I've bidded on Classic Eggman on ebay and it ends tomorrow. So fingers crossed. But since I've already got an Eggman figure, I may turn it into Eggman Nega.

Also a user at the SEGA forums found this shop selling the 3inch line, only with a few minor changes, Classic Sonic comes with Chomper and Modern Tails comes with a Wisp.......but all the others are correct......stange.

http://www.pbmexpress.nl/epages/PBMExpress.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/PBMExpress/Products/TM71774