New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

I hate when that happens. It does however give me an excuse to look through all the McFarlane figures for variants XD

I'm not even focusing on the pathetic fact that there's still defects, I'm more focusing on the fact that the only sonic stuff I have in stock is what I mentioned above, lol.

Packaged-26.jpg

EEEHEHEHEHEHEHEEE!! Holy crap, I stop paying attention for a bit and THIS happens! Obviously I haven't been around in this thread for awhile, so I had NO idea these were being made! And OH MAN that Robotnik pack. GEEZE! That's pretty much a childhood fantasy figure pack right there. NEVER thought they would make those Robotnik bots from Sonic 3 & Knuckles. They can't hold thier guns at all, but I'm so excited that I don't even care. I'll just glue one of 'em in or something.

Anyway, this is all some AMAZING stuff! I believe there was a thread somewhere before this one started where I began with how much I disliked Jazwares, and Jamaro and I had a chat about that. He told me good things were in store, and that they were changing. Well, you came through man. Seriously. Any and all beef I had with Jazwares has been completely erased. Who came up with that three pack with Robotnik and the two bots? I want to shake your hand.

• Like 1

Holy crap! Alexx is back! Now if only Spunk was here again. :(

That must have been a really nice surprise indeed, haha. Almost makes me wish I was completely unaware of these things myself. I would have had a heart-attack if I walked into TRU one day and saw them! :P

Holy crap! Alexx is back! Now if only Spunk was here again. :(

That must have been a really nice surprise indeed, haha. Almost makes me wish I was completely unaware of these things myself. I would have had a heart-attack if I walked into TRU one day and saw them! :P

I nearly did! My wife and I just went for the heck of it 'cause I'm looking for Thundercats figures, and the next thing she knows I'm walking up to her with that pile of figures. She's like: "...found something, I take it?" I was whimpering and asking for help in choosing, but in the end she told me to just get them all and save myself the trouble of having to hunt them down later. That's how you know you married the right one, folks!

Anyway, Robotnik is SOOOOO sososososo much better than the new style version. It's not even because of the classic design, either: he's just got better articulation points that are more useful for goofy poses 'n such. Also, I am LOVING the classic Super Sonic!! I knew about the classic Sonic mold from a toy show awhile back, but I figured it was just gona be a one-shot thing. Classic Super Sonic just looks so squat and BAD ASS. My wife has a bunch of lego sets put up right now, and I'm tempted to play the Doomsday Zone song and smash through them all with Super Sonic.

Finally, Tails was a complete surprise as well, though I'm a tiny bit irked by the fact that he's the same height as Sonic again. It's a small matter, though; he just looks so cool. All they need to do is make one where he's in a flying pose with open hands that can fit Sonic's closed fists!

Yeah, I hear ya! I need to marry a fellow nerd... or at least a woman who can put up with my hobby (and zaniness), haha. :P

Sometimes you can turn them into nerds! My wife wasn't into toys until I bought her a My Little Pony back when they first came back (early 2000's?) Next she helped me build a Lego set someone got me for christmas and THAT opened a whole new can of worms. She's got a ton of sets all the sudden!

But yeah, I'm sooo happy with Classic Eggy! All he needs is an Eggmobile. Come on, Jazwares... make it happen! Also, I was a little harsh on the EggRobos before. They aren't that bad, but I expected a little more. It always annoyed me when toy companies included accessories that couldn't be used the way they were supposed to, in this case, the guns. And if they're separate pieces, I think a little extra paint would have been nice. It almost looks unfinished. Still... I'm glad to see this guy get made. Like you said, I would have never seen it coming a few years ago. The scaling issue on Tails bothers me as well, but I already addressed that, haha. And if you like that Super Sonic, I bet you'd really dig the Classic and Modern 5" Super Sonic pack! :)

I gotta go back and search the thread: did you post a pic if your Tails fix? I'd be interested to see! And yeah, not being able to hold accessories is usually a HUGE thing for me, but somehow I don't mind as much here. I may use those little clear rubber bands so that I can keep thier hands free for jokes 'n such. Also, when looking at the sprites, I can see thier paint job is a bit off...but once again, DREAM TOY. Just can't bring myself to care enough! I've loved those crazy robots ever since one came down and pissed off Knuckles when he was tryin' to chill on Mushroom Hill.

Anyway, I try to keep to only one scale, so while the 5'' ones are awesome, I think I'm gona pass 'em up unless someone has some real good words to say about 'em.

Also, I need to get the Thundercats stuff myself. Which ones are you getting? I originally intended on only getting the classic ones, but I decided to maybe pick up a few of the newer versions to keep boxed, though.

I've found very little so far, but what I have I've photographed and written tiny reviews about them here. Only one not photoed yet is the 6'' Mumm-Ra, which I found along with that Sonic purchase (oh man so much money...I shouldn't have, but what the heck). I'm very impressed with them so far, though tiny Mumm-Ra's sword is rubbery as heck. Overall I like 'em and I'm getting the rest of the team when I can find them.

Have any of you been on Jazwares' Facebook page as of late? I'm taking this with a grain of salt until I see official pics, but apparently one user is saying they've found a 3" Classic Mighty in a Toys R Us outlet. It's part of this "Secret 8" thing, and the box back apparently says "Knuckles with Teammate" and "Limited 20th Anniversary Figure" and "Collect All 8". The person put a (low quality) pic on Facebook for "proof":

302367_138904896201835_100002469772485_211527_5344043_n.jpg

Again, I'm taking this with a grain of salt for a number of reasons. One, there have been no pictures or mentions of these figures by anyone else except for this person. Two, this person claims to have thrown the box out to hide it from "uninvited guest," whereas someone with a new figure would usually snap a picture immediately (I know I would :P). And three, when looking through this person's other photos, they appear to have done many other custom 3" figures of characters from the classic games and the comics. This figure looks like some sort of modification; the head looks more like that of the old 5" Sonic, whereas Jazwares would have probably used the 3" Classic Sonic head as a base, since Mighty is based on Sonic's sprite anyway.

I dunno, guys. Something seems really fishy about this. I think we may be falling for a hoax here.

BS

you believe those little punks on FB?

I don't.

But if it is true, Jazwares just became THE only Sonic Toy company in existence, nothing before them, nothing after them.

edit: quote from a user:

HUGE EDIT: I found the source of the guys photos. It looks like he makes a lot of customs, and I think he's trollin'.

Like Hard.

The Mighty figure does look sort of Jazwaresy official though so I dunno, but I'm pretty sure everything else in the album is a custom so... check it:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.118179701607688.23665.100002469772485

Well considering the fact that all-most all the figures are customs in that gallery, this figure is most likely fake as well.

EDIT - I just checked TRU's website and they have the 5 inch super pack in stock...and they also have many of the classic and modern 3 inch figures in stock as well.

OMG is this a regular Samus figure? Not someone's fancy custom shown at that convention? Is this a normal toy I'll be able to buy at an online shop easily? If so, then AWESOME. I have waited so long for a good Samus figure.

YES. What is this, video game dream toys week? I get those Eggrobos I didn't know were coming and now - FINALLY - a real action figure os Samus!! Thank you so much for the heads up. I will be waiting for this impatiently while drooling.

OHHHH MY GOOOODDDDDDDD. Its the revoltech "figma" (seems easy to get them mixed up, probably just me though.) samus they teased months ago. YEEEESSSS.

No, it isn't, actually. The old one was a fake revoltech photoshopped teaser:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1196.snc4/154877_1459146133024_1664546414_1117113_3925697_n.jpg (revoltech logo on top, etc)