New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

Stupidity and ignorance became some of the most powerful forces on this planet, sadly.

And off topic Sonic, I'm getting some Beast Wars transmetals back into my life, can't believe I threw them out when I was a kid. Glad I've come to appreciate their value, lol

Not to like derail the topic but, I loved those Beast Wars figures. Transmetals Tarantulas will always be one of my favorite Transformers of all time. Which ones are you thinking of getting?

EDIT: And to keep this on topic, I was able to recently score the 5 inch Classic Sonic (as well as an awesome Mario and Wario vinyl figures which look epic with Sonic. Seriously, grab these guys if you seem 'em), and I really love the figure. My one complaint, the hip joins on mine are kinda jank. It looks like there's a little bit of excess plastic on the joints, but I'm kinda afraid to mess with it. Don't wanna rip the joint or anything. Anyway, I hope this was just a defect on mine. He's currently posed in his "I'm wwwwwwaaaaaaaiiiiiiiittttttttiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnggggggg" pose on my amp with Mario and Wario. Very glad with my purchase and can't wait to snap the Super Sonics as well as the new sculpt modern Sonic.

Off topic: Omg yes! I love them so much, I've already got 3 of the transmetal Airazor on the way (1 american and 2 Japanese ver.)

I'm getting one of the transmetal Cheetor for now (getting a second down the road since he's a touch pricey, mom would always go to Sears and I would see it on the wall but she would never buy it for me... and then by the time I had money to get it, I couldn't find it in stores anymore :/)

A transmetal 2 Optimal Optimus (I used to have this when I was like 10 but he got "killed" in an epic battle.

And a transmetal rattrap which I never got around to getting when I was a kid, but I've always liked the look.

I'm also thinking Tigerhawk, Megatron transmetal one and two (Dragon ver.), Black Arachnia Transmetal 2 and maybe Turantulas to go with her.

On topic: I AM SO ASKING TO GRAB THE DISPLAY BOX IF THEY LET YOU TAKE IT HOLY SH*t!

That is too epic.

And I love the pose of your modern super sonic omfg jealousyyyyyy.

Stupidity and ignorance became some of the most powerful forces on this planet, sadly.

And off topic Sonic, I'm getting some Beast Wars transmetals back into my life, can't believe I threw them out when I was a kid. Glad I've come to appreciate their value, lol

Not to like derail the topic but, I loved those Beast Wars figures. Transmetals Tarantulas will always be one of my favorite Transformers of all time. Which ones are you thinking of getting?

EDIT: And to keep this on topic, I was able to recently score the 5 inch Classic Sonic (as well as an awesome Mario and Wario vinyl figures which look epic with Sonic. Seriously, grab these guys if you seem 'em), and I really love the figure. My one complaint, the hip joins on mine are kinda jank. It looks like there's a little bit of excess plastic on the joints, but I'm kinda afraid to mess with it. Don't wanna rip the joint or anything. Anyway, I hope this was just a defect on mine. He's currently posed in his "I'm wwwwwwaaaaaaaiiiiiiiittttttttiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnggggggg" pose on my amp with Mario and Wario. Very glad with my purchase and can't wait to snap the Super Sonics as well as the new sculpt modern Sonic.

Off topic: Omg yes! I love them so much, I've already got 3 of the transmetal Airazor on the way (1 american and 2 Japanese ver.)

I'm getting one of the transmetal Cheetor for now (getting a second down the road since he's a touch pricey, mom would always go to Sears and I would see it on the wall but she would never buy it for me... and then by the time I had money to get it, I couldn't find it in stores anymore :/)

A transmetal 2 Optimal Optimus (I used to have this when I was like 10 but he got "killed" in an epic battle.

And a transmetal rattrap which I never got around to getting when I was a kid, but I've always liked the look.

I'm also thinking Tigerhawk, Megatron transmetal one and two (Dragon ver.), Black Arachnia Transmetal 2 and maybe Turantulas to go with her.

On topic: I AM SO ASKING TO GRAB THE DISPLAY BOX IF THEY LET YOU TAKE IT HOLY SH*t!

That is too epic.

And I love the pose of your modern super sonic omfg jealousyyyyyy.

Off topic: Rattrap's super legit. Love the sculpt and articulation. Megatron's kinda fragile. The goldish bronze plastic is pretty week and breaks easily, so be careful with that if you get him. Mine broke uears ago and I'm still trying to get a replacement XD And even if you don't get Black Arachnia, I highly recommend Tarantulas just because of how awesome he is. And I also highly recommend the newest Dinobot. No Beast Wars display is complete without him :P

On topic: That's probably the most awesome Sonic display I've seen. Totally gonna steal the idea from you :P

Off topic: Oh yes Transmetal 2 Dinobot, nice nice, I like that idea. I can't wait until student loans come in so I can splurge splurge splurge, lol

On topic: Alex, she was into you, get on that! :D

Dude, do it! Let them know that you're a collector, and you want it for display purposes! :D That's what I told the lady, and she was all "oh wow, good idea! That's cool!", but in my mind, I imagined her thinking "wow, this guy is a nerd...". Haha XD Though, she did seem to be extra friendly with me, asking me all these questions and stuff... but I'm probably imagining things! :P

And thanks! I didn't really know how else to pose him, haha.

You certainly can! Coincidentally, I did the same thing last week! Except the guy was running around figuring out whether he was allowed to do that. Haha :)

Oh and Alex, thanks for your advice. It means a lot.

Very cool display man. Yeah, it never hurts to ask. I've done that quite a few times at Gamestop and ended up taking home some cool displays. My girlfriend has since asked me to stop before every corner of my house is filled :P

Passed by a TRU near her place today that I never knew about. Went in and they had more Anniversary stuff than I've seen anywhere so far. Repackaged Super Posers, plushes, the 5 inchers we've all been seeing around, and even the 3 inchers that I've so far only seen at Targets. They had one Knuckles/Egg Pawn and two Silver/Iblis as well, so I finally picked those up.

The Egg Pawn is pretty awesome. He's only articulated in his shoulders but you can get a few cool poses out of him. I'll probably pick up a second one whenever I come across another. Haven't opened up Silver yet, but the Iblis doesn't looks quite as bad as I thought it would. It still doesn't look like it's made of lava, but he's got a decent pose. Doesn't look like his jaw is articulated as some have suggested. I'll let you know for sure when I open it up. Might not be til next week. Got a a crazy work week coming up. But I'll see you guys on the weekend!

Happy Figure Hunting! :D

I cannot agree more with the inconvenience/spacial issues. I like to keep all the boxes from my figures and let me tell yah, space is becoming a prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooobllllllllemmmmmm. I'd limit myself to only a couple display pieces. But that display piece is so fittingly bad-ass, has the 20th logo and everything, and that modern super sonic ugh jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

I'm really sick of the quality control Jazwares dishes out. Out of all 4 figures I saw, every single one had a giant gab inbetween the muzzle and the eyes. I thought it'd be as easy as taking it off, and gluing it back into the appropriate position, but it's due to a mismold with the vinyl injection -- I had to cut quite the amount into the figure, and it still isn't as good as any of these:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=4-r8Kb_LEKE

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=zREp7xt_KAY

EDIT: Decided to take a photo. It shows my sort of fixed muzzle, but not by too much:

apparentlygrain.jpg

Again, the eyes are the least of my worries. If you own the figure, you'll know exactly what I mean -- the figure CANNOT stand, at all. The vinyl head would've been fine, if it weren't for the "newly improved" super floppy ass plastic jazwares dished out a while ago. It's really pissing me off that they can't seem to get the quality control issues right. Not to mention the mismolds.

Classic Eggman spotted!

http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_2497wt_1165

This was the one thing I was looking forward to the most when this line was revealed! :D :D :D Does it disappoint?!

Eggman, no. EggRobos... yes. =/ Seriously, this is just lazy. What, is there a three color limit to the badniks or something? It's great to see these characters get figures and all, but I'm sorry... this line has disappointed me. I expected better.

YESYESYESYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY DIDN'T CHANGE EGG ROBOS AT ALL! Was disappointed with lack of some color details, and I noticed there is only three color on all of other badnik figures so far. Heck, they got every detail right and all of those tiny gray dots (that aren't colored in gray though) are there, too.

STILL, EGG ROBO FIGURES! HOLY CATNIPPPPP. I HAVE TO GET THAT!!!!!

I'm glad for the classic eggman but meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhh

They've tainted everything that could have been perfect with crap quality control or mass produced laziness.

I truly believe the shining gem of the 20th anniversary "collection" pushed forth by jazwares are the classic sonic and tails and the super duo pack. That's really about it, and maybe that classic robotnik...

but those robos... ugh. lol.

Haha, I was about to post that! Beat me to it. :P

And according to a user on SSMB, the EggRobos aren't able to hold their guns, so it seems those aren't even attached to them...

EDIT: Also, I started making video reviews for Sonic figures again! I took inspiration from all of the other superb reviews out there. I'd love to know what you guys think! ;)

http://youtu.be/eom_cuBCF6Q

Haha! You decided to release it! Alright!

And ai ttotslly agre3 tht sONikcw fIgur huz grt i tdmidashun!

Classic Eggman spotted!

http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_2497wt_1165

This was the one thing I was looking forward to the most when this line was revealed! :D :D :D Does it disappoint?!

Eggman, no. EggRobos... yes. =/ Seriously, this is just lazy. What, is there a three color limit to the badniks or something? It's great to see these characters get figures and all, but I'm sorry... this line has disappointed me. I expected better.

Oh...my...God!

Classic Eggman! Whoo! I was so looking forward to this out of the rest of the line - and it has not disappointed me! Well, the Egg Robos may be a bit off...but still! Eggman!

:( I hope everything's alright, man. If you need to talk about anything, we're here for ya.

Also... it appears more Sonic stuff is being spotted in stores. Here's the Shadow and Silver comic pack.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item19c8494c56

Apparently, they have glossy paint on them, and a sticker that reads "EXCLUSIVE PAINT! Not seen in games"... what the butt does that even mean? "Not seen in games". That's probably the stupidest label I've ever seen on these figures...