New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

The more I see people getting their new 20th classic figures and 5 inchers and wonderful super packs.

The more my hatred f***ing burns.

Where the hell is my share :<

DAMN IT TRU STOCK MY SONIC SH**!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so glad Jazwares didn't re-release that old mediocre 5 inch Sonic for the umpteenth time. I agree about the eyes being somewhat off. I'll have to wait till almost next year to get the damn thing anyways, since Florida gets everything last.

I really don't care for the eyes being off. It doesn't look that odd, and, if it bothers me enough, I'll simply repaint them. I think the only issue I have with the new sonic 5 inch sculpt is how the upper portion of the torso swivel overlaps the lower. Regardless, though, I think the overall accurate sculpt and wonderful articulation makes up for it.

The more I see people getting their new 20th classic figures and 5 inchers and wonderful super packs.

Hahaha, believe me when I say, I feel you, I think we all do. Preferably, its always alot more fun to GO and drive to Toys R us and find something than order it. But, really you might want to consider gas, it might actually save you money to buy things offline. If youve got a target near by you might want to check there.

Hey guys, I just stopped off at my local TRU after over a WEEK of not visiting there (which WOULD be an achievement, if I hadn't visited the Manhattan TRU multiple times in the interim). Both have a LOT of the new 5" Classic and Modern Sonics and my local TRU had four of the new 5" Super Packs. I passed on all since there were paint issues on nearly all of them but I also noticed the new lighter paint on 5" Classic Sonic. I hope future releases of 3" Classic Sonic use that shade of blue, cuz I feel like the current paint job is actually TOO bright.

As for me, I'm content with my improperly colored 5" Classic Sonic from a few weeks ago ^_^

Also, my TRU just got an insane amount of Jet the Hawks, which is about the only 3" they're stocking right now :P

But most of interest I think, was something I noticed at my local TRU. There were a lot of empty pegs and it looks like the last week has had a lot of preparation for something on the Sonic shelf. The stickers are already up for what's to fill those spots and here's what it says:

Sonic Anniversary Posers

Sonic Anniversary 12" Plush

Sonic Anniversary Comic 2-Pack

Sonic Anniversary 3-Pack

Sonic Anniversary Tin with Figure

Sonic Anniversary Dr. Ivo

Hopefully the 2-pack is Sonic/Amy and not the lame repackage of Silver/Shadow (maybe it's both). I assume the 3-pack is Eggman/Egg Fighters, since the other one specifies Ivo (which I imagine is the Egg Robo pack). Also, I'm interested to see what the figure with the tin looks like. I didn't notice any stickers for the basic 3" Badnik packs or anything like that though.

There was about 3 pegs each for each of these stickers and they weren't there last weekend, so hopefully that means we'll be seeing some serious unloading of new figs soon. Hooray! :D

Hahaha, believe me when I say, I feel you, I think we all do. Preferably, its always alot more fun to GO and drive to Toys R us and find something than order it. But, really you might want to consider gas, it might actually save you money to buy things offline. If youve got a target near by you might want to check there.

Oh yeah I live in Canada.

No targets.

I have a TRU 10 minute drive away but yeah no stock, and also the next one is 2 hours away. I'm not doing that every week for figures that in all likelihood won't be there.

Raithos at least your in america where you can actually look at the product to see if it looks damaged. In England we not got #$## since the 1st wave of SONIC, TAILS & KNUCKLES.

Oh you'd think living in Southern Ontario (3 hour drive from the border) that we'd get access to figures.

Wrong.

I don't get to look at jacksh*t. Becuase there's nothing there until 6 FRIGGIN MONTHS LATER and when there is WE GET LITERALLY ONE PIECE OF A FIGURE, IF IT ALL ANY. I've only seen the free riders figs there once, and by seen I mean there was one of each under an incorrectly labelled peg, never even saw the vector/Espio pack but we get a random mispack of Knuckles and Espio? wtf? Never seen tails or Knuckles Super Posers, or Clear Espio, or big the cat or anything remotely new apart from Eggman/Metal, and the Super trio. Never saw 10 inch Metal, had to buy online, never saw 10 inch Sonic had to buy online. Never saw 3 inch Tails had to get online. Shadow, Werehog, and Silver came in once, and I mean we only got one of each. For the entire f*cking store! I swear to god our stock level is atrocious, there's nothing there at the moment and even if they did stock stuff they literally order one god damn single piece for anything. I shouldn't be having to buy this frigging crap online when I live so close to the U.S. and have a TRU down the frigging street.

I remember when I finally finally got my damn super packs, the one with the cyan emerald was already being released. That's a HUGE gap in time. Of course my selection and wait time don't suck AS MUCH as yours does (and for that I'm sorry), but it ain't no picnic, for me. Lol.

Rant rant rant~

Who wants to bet Jazwares will make a 10 inch Super Sonic? I do.

In reference to the video I previously posted --

reviewbad.png

Thankfully I screened it before he deleted my comments.

Haha! I must say, that kid was blown away. He was like a deer and you were like a MONSTER TRUCK. He didn't know what the heck had hit him. Every reply he would post contradicted his last. It was very entertaining to read. Thank you for posting that.

Now, how about you make a review, LaLaM? I would love to see that. And I'm not being sarcastic. It just seems like since you know how it should be done, you should make one instead of YouTube being filled with these crappy ones.

I remember being an annoying little kid on the internet. Haha I think we ALL do at some point. But I never remember being THIS bad. Anyway, that's off topic.

It's kinda frustrating seeing how some people just don't get my parody. I just want to hit them in the head with a hammer that says, READ THE F**KING TITLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, maybe not that bad, but it's annoying.

I agree with Lalam. Besides I find it way easier to illustrate my ideas in writing as opposed to doing a video comprised of editing and cutting and re-shooting, blah blah blah; when I can throw up some pictures and give my take in writing. I find it's easier to do so and still gets the point across fine. It's sometimes better than a video (which is mostly the case for a majority of Sonic figure reviews online at the moment.)

Stupidity and ignorance became some of the most powerful forces on this planet, sadly.

And off topic Sonic, I'm getting some Beast Wars transmetals back into my life, can't believe I threw them out when I was a kid. Glad I've come to appreciate their value, lol

• Like 1

Sorry for the double post, editing the previous post I made was getting annoying, because my text kept changing back to purple and was underlined for some reason...

Anyways, apparently, there's a NEW 5" Modern Sonic sculpt. O_o And the 5" Classic Sonic is now in a lighter blue like the 3".

EDIT: My buddy Sean got it, and took some pics:

[PICTURE REMOVED]

In the pictures he sent, the eyes look kinda... slanted. And a bit small. It looks a little weird. Knowing Jazwares, though, they'll fix it later on, instead of already having it fixed from the start. >_>

Not fair! I already had Black Knight Sonic, and I bought the regular 5" Sonic just to go with Super Sonic, and now this JUST COMES OUT OF NOWHERE?! And it looks so cool too! Now i've got to shell out more of my cash. Thanks a lot Jazwares, you've screwed me again. But I'll win this time! Because I'll get the fixed one with regular eyes! We'll see who's laughing then!

The new 5" sculpt is awesome and if it wasn't for all the paint errors on the ones I saw, I might have caved in and bought one. Now that you've mentioned the eyes though, I can't unsee them and I'm very glad I didn't pick it up. Maybe one day they'll make a 5" Sonic so perfect that I'll make another non-3 inch exception for my collection. This new one is close, but it's not there yet :P

Stupidity and ignorance became some of the most powerful forces on this planet, sadly.

And off topic Sonic, I'm getting some Beast Wars transmetals back into my life, can't believe I threw them out when I was a kid. Glad I've come to appreciate their value, lol

Not to like derail the topic but, I loved those Beast Wars figures. Transmetals Tarantulas will always be one of my favorite Transformers of all time. Which ones are you thinking of getting?

EDIT: And to keep this on topic, I was able to recently score the 5 inch Classic Sonic (as well as an awesome Mario and Wario vinyl figures which look epic with Sonic. Seriously, grab these guys if you seem 'em), and I really love the figure. My one complaint, the hip joins on mine are kinda jank. It looks like there's a little bit of excess plastic on the joints, but I'm kinda afraid to mess with it. Don't wanna rip the joint or anything. Anyway, I hope this was just a defect on mine. He's currently posed in his "I'm wwwwwwaaaaaaaiiiiiiiittttttttiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnggggggg" pose on my amp with Mario and Wario. Very glad with my purchase and can't wait to snap the Super Sonics as well as the new sculpt modern Sonic.

With all these new 5 inch figures being released, it would seem silly for Jazwares to not release 5 inch figures of the rest of the main characters (Shadow, Tails, Knuckles, Amy etc.) As the seem to be doing a pretty good job with the ones they have released as of late (with the execption of the crazy eyes on the latest Sonic)

Went to TRU, and found the new 5 inch sonic. Who are the idiots behind the pack job? I bought the figure that looked the best; every single one had bent limbs due to how badly they were thrown in there, and had the quils bent. The issue is, since the head is vinyl, I was assuming that it'd be an easy fix.. however, it wasn't. Regardless, they're gradually working their way back into place.

The only real issue I see right now is how loose every single joint is.

The eyes look pretty good in person. I'd say that that's the least of my worries at this point.

Just got back from TRU as well. Nothing. :( The only thing they had under the 20th anniversary label were the plushes. Aside from that... there were barely any figures. All they had were the racers, original Super Pack, Big pack, and the other random accessories (camera, MP3 player, etc). Even the new Super Sonic two pack that was there last week was gone. I did, however, see that a lot of the pegs had labels for the upcoming stuff, like what TECHA reported. And even though there wasn't anything I was interested in there, I didn't leave the store empty-handed! I asked one of the ladies there if I could snag one of these, and she said go for it. :D

20110822133136.jpg

It's the display box that the smaller plushes come in! :) Makes a great display for the figures, I must say.