New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

I have to agree with that. It has gotta be like their best selling line though. They probably figure "why change it right now when we're making money?" or something like that. People will keep paying for them, so why spend more money to increase the quality. Sad but probably true here.

No it's true, back when everyone's 3 inch Metal Sonic's were breaking and people were blazing questions @ Jazwares they responded by saying they need to allocate funds etc meaning not everything can be addressed, massed produced blah blah blah. Point being they care about quantity of production over quality in this sense. They re-address the problem after they've released the first wave or two. I usually always see this happen, it's happened several times actually, it happened with the 3 inch Metal Sonic, the Super pack with Sonic's "eyeliner" and the wrong coloured orange emerald instead of cyan, and tightening of the joints so the figures don't fall over due to being top heavy, rotation of 3 inch tails' tails instead of having them just snap into the back on a peg, etc etc. They cut corners first- pump the figures out and then correct mistakes later, instead of taking the time to allocate enough funds/supervision into making sure the figures come out top notch the first time like the 10 inch Sonic & Metal sonic for example, and even then the 10 inch Metal Sonic still had a few errors in the first wave (thankfully mine doesn't.)

Who knows...maybe Joe amaro doesnt check here anymore, ah well,

But yeah those F4F sonic figures are interesting, though maybe not too surprising, I found and bought their new mario DS holder Vinyl statue, their expanding I suppose, now they just need to make ZELDA toys and sell them. Id hoard them all.

So...... Weren't we supposed to get Charmy and Rouge this month? Sorry if i'm bringing this up and it's already been discussed...

I don't know if a release date was announced for Charmy and Rouge yet. Could be wrong though.

Looks like everyone kept forgetting Blaze and didn't bother mentioning her again somewhere? Blaze was re-confirmed to come, but release date was never mentioned for Charmy, Blaze, and... Rouge. I still hope that Cream will be confirmed at some point, I want a completed team of Rose.

Speaking of Wave and Storm...

305px-SU33.jpg

It's about time they get some more love in Sonic comics instead of just making appearances, now they get their own Sonic Universe series! I really hope Wave and Storm doesn't become another "comic figure pack"... That means extra comic, slight higher price, and one "unwanted" character with Storm or Wave, I seriously don't want to go through that again. lol

After the awesome new super pack... I kind of want more five inch figures, to be honest. xD

I remember back in the early days of this forum, I was always raving about this scale, and always said I preferred it. I think I may be going back to that...

Those gashapon are literal garbage, despite super sonics cool pose. Ive seen up close pictures of them and they suck, don't even bother looking at them.

I'm with you on this, I've experience in buying one of those sphere things (Mario kart one) and it was a total ripoff. Four dollars just for 1" figure, and what sucks is that you won't know what's inside them, which is like gamble. I once brought two, and got two 1" yoshi karts, I was so pissed off and didn't think they could be so tiny, either. I returned them for a full refund, lucky me.

Yeah, I still want E-102 figure, (Oddly, I prefer that name over Gamma. lol) always will. If I get him, I'll have a complete main cast of Sonic Adventure including Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy Rose, Big, and Eggman. If I really want more of complete set of Sonic Adventure, I'll need Tikal and Chaos as well, haha.

And Clover, I prefer 3" figures, because of larger variety of characters, cheaper, more space for you to hold all of them in a box, in a dresser, on the shelf, etc.

Yeah, I agree with most of that. I like that the three inchers are a little cheaper, take up less space, and have a bigger selection of characters. The only thing I don't like, however, is how they aren't really in scale with a lot of things I wish they were with. :( Like, I have no Mario characters that I can display with them. Either my Mario figures are too big, or some are too small. Nothing in-between. Makes me really wish Jazzy got the Mario license. D: And Zelda. That would be incredible. Hell, they should get more Nintendo properties and release a Smash Bros. line! That would sell like crazy!

Hey guys! I dropped off for a bit there. Work's been a bit crazy. But I'm back with the DL on Classic Tails that some of you asked for.

In regards to his height, he's not taller than classic Sonic. From afar, he looks about the same height, but if you look closely, that's a bit of an illusion that is probably attributed to how HUGE his ears are. Comparing from the tops of their heads, Classic Sonic is slightly taller, but because Classic Tails has such big ears, the tips of his ears about line-up with the top of Classic Sonic's head.

So he's not SMALLER like he's supposed to be, but at least he's not bigger ^_^

His color is much closer to the first release of ASR Tails. He's not quite as pale as that release, but definitely much paler than most Modern Tails figures. His Tails have a different sculpt that look great but don't work quite as well for balancing as the Modern Tails' tails. But if you lean him back slightly you get a perfect balance and a pretty adorable pose from the little guy.

I'm noticing now, looking at them all how HUGE the classic heads are compared to the modern heads. Classic Tails' head looks almost twice the size of Modern Tails' head. But that's always been the case I suppose.

I give it high scores all around. Definitely much better than my Classic Sonic, which I drilled a hole into so I could put him on an extra base I had. He still falls down (but my peg hole might be slightly too big). I really hope future releases of Classic Sonic add a peg hole, cuz I'm so unhappy with that figure, as much as I'd like to love it o_0

Checked quite a few TRU's and Targets on my way back up from the city today. Still no sign of Silver, Knuckles, or Eggman at any of them. Hopefully soon . . .

OOh and in regards to the RIDERS news, I'm SO excited that we'll finally be getting Wave AND Storm. I'll probably pass on the Riders Tails and Riders Knux, but I'm glad they'll be coming out as well. Toywiz always marks up their prices, so I'm sure those won't be the final prices. Although, I would totally be willing to pay a higher price for Storm if it meant his scale was correct. I know he's not as tall as Big or Eggman, but he's got a good extra foot on him and I hope that's represented in his figure (unlike Vector). I'd be willing to buy him and Wave in a comic pack or some kind of diarama pack to cover the costs of that if need be.

Actually, in general I'd rather pay more money for better figures. I agree with Clover, that this Sonic line seems to always have a "first run" where they see what goes wrong and work out the kinks later. Sucks for us hardcore Jazheads who always go for the first releases. Maybe they're trying to replicate the Anti-Success of Next Gen Sonic by focusing on release dates over quality control :P

In any case, it looks like we'll have a good season coming up after this long draught we've had, with Wave, Storm, the rest of the Anniversary figures, and hopefully Charmy and Rouge on the horizon, I think they'll have us busy for awhile :D

Yeah, I double posted. So sue me.

After the awesome new super pack... I kind of want more five inch figures, to be honest. xD

I remember back in the early days of this forum, I was always raving about this scale, and always said I preferred it. I think I may be going back to that...

I felt the same way after I got my super pack, more 5 inch figures would be great. The sculpt on the new ones are very good.

Haha, in our society, I'm sure it's entirely possible ;)

I just went back and read my first sentence and I can see how that could have seemed like a reappearance of Joe. Sorry to get your hopes up :P

Hopefully his absence means he's hard at work getting us some awesome new figs :D

Yeah, I agree with most of that. I like that the three inchers are a little cheaper, take up less space, and have a bigger selection of characters. The only thing I don't like, however, is how they aren't really in scale with a lot of things I wish they were with. :( Like, I have no Mario characters that I can display with them. Either my Mario figures are too big, or some are too small. Nothing in-between. Makes me really wish Jazzy got the Mario license. D: And Zelda. That would be incredible. Hell, they should get more Nintendo properties and release a Smash Bros. line! That would sell like crazy!

Well, there's new Mario green stand figures, what I know that exists so far: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, and Toad, I bet there's Yoshi but I haven't seen one in real life or online yet. But those toys are pretty good and in scale with Sonic figures, but I'll pass on those Mario figures (I did get Bowser, since I needed to get him in nice size), I love a lot of 2" Mario figures I have, I do wish they were 3" like Sonic figures so they can fit in. At least you can get 10" Sonic & Mario, and they look amazing together (looks like same scale to me), good for your room, too. I got those, but I'm not buying any other 10" Sonic/Mario toys though!

Super Chaos and Techa, it DOES look like Joe's post, had me fooled too until I noticed the avatar as well. :T Maybe he will come back after 20th figures?

And did anyone found Robotnik + Eggrobos? I really want to see them so bad. Even though that I wanted to wait until September, I went shopping at Toys R US anyway. I looked around, no 20th figures. Damn... =/

And can anyone do me a small favor? Does anyone know where you can find this guy?

deblob2orange.JPG

He appears in 7 different colors, which are red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, and gold. (Should be brown instead, but whatever) I found green one from Toys R US, and I won't deny, I love him really a lot, I enjoyed playing "de Blob" on Wii, and became fond of him, and he makes a great figure. He doesn't have any turning parts, like Jazware's Sonic figures. The favor is, do you know where he can be found in any stores other than Toys R US? I knew he had to be in other stores somewhere, in different colors. Toys R US only have green version of the blob dude. =/