New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

AWESOME, however I am still waiting for more 5 inch figures like Tails and Amy LoL, but the sculpts are great on these two, will buy them as soon as I find them in stores (Scalpers allways charge waaay to much)

So this is a TRU only release?

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item2312fbf612

superfigures.jpg

O_______________________o I will reply to everyone else in a second... I think I'm about to pass ou--....

Holy. Uhm... holy. I'm at a loss of words right now.

5 INCH SUPER SONIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CLASSIC SUPER SONIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This REALLY makes me wish they re-did the current 5" Sonic. >_< Super Sonic's face looks so incredibly accurate, that the normal Sonic we have now just looks derpy. Jazwares just keeps getting better and better every year with the sculpting. Maybe it's good that we don't have many 5" characters right now, because if we get more later down the road, they'll look incredible, like this Super Sonic!

Hmm...until a few days ago, I had never heard of Nendoroid, let alone the types of figures they sell. Searching the name on Google Images tells me that their main focus is rendering characters from different anime series into detailed, chibi-style figurines. Actually, "detailed" would be an understatement: the figures look almost flawlessly polished, from what I've seen. Apparently they seem pretty popular, so I can see why a Sonic figure from them would be a pretty big deal.

That said, could anyone tell me any more information about Nendoroid that I should know? I mostly would like to know what other types of characters they make besides ones from anime (I noticed a Mickey Mouse, for example). It would be greatly appreciated. :) Although I am quite the Jazhead, this brand has also piqued my interest a bit.

Good Smile Company just focuses on making a variety of nendos from successful animations, mostly anime with a few ventures outside of that realm (as you've seen with Mickey and Sonic), that's pretty much all I know about them. Mainly an anime focus though.

And after reading through and seeing all the new pictures and stuff.

The 20th anniversary figs suck.

Except for classic 3 inch tails, classic sonic, and 5 inch classic sonic.

They all suck.

No really, they look like crap, and cheap crap at that.

I expected waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more from these releases.

Not impressed.

If I get all of them it will only be for the fact that I could resell them for more later on due to the "20th anniversary" logo stamped on the front. Other than that these are just mostly re-releases with a few mcdonalds' esque badniks as counterparts.

I really don't care if it sounds harsh, you can't look at this crap and tell me it's the greatest stuff you've ever seen, Jazwares has done better in the past and I expected that here.

I however LOVE that super pack, wonderful stuff. I HOPE to see some quality releases with the newer packs and not this crap filled with typos, half finished figures, wrong dates and a clear re-usage of figures.

They may not be the greatest, but I was expecting re-releases. You must've been under a rock before the announcement if you thought we were getting new figures (and I mean that in the nicest way possible. I wasn't sure how to word it) After seeing all the re-releases being pushed out, I can't see how anybody could have thought these would be all new sculpts. I will admit that I was hoping for a chubbier Shadow with proper quills for 2001 Shadow, but I wasn't gonna hold my breath for it. Again, this post wasn't meant to be mean, so please don't interpret as such.

No I wasn't under a rock, I've pretty much brought myself up to speed versus where I was a week ago. I don't even care about new sculpts I'm talking actual quality in general. It's crap, why would I pay for something that I already have except included with a mcdonalds badnik? Like what? I expected for the 20th release they'd make the figures top notch, not look like they took the figures I have on my shelf already and put them in a package. I love the classic 3 inchers, and 5 incher and that super sonic duo pack, but that looks to be all I'll get from Jazwares until they show some quality improvement. I mean hell they can't even get dates and names correct? And I'm supposed to buy that? Right. All I see is a bunch of figures I already own with "20th anniversary" slapped on them. Like I said before if I do pick these up, it'll be for resale value only.

Edit: And yes I understand "mass produced, certain budget to adhere to, cutting corners" blah blah blah. I still expected better. Especially since Jazwares has delivered wonderfully in the past (Super pack, Espio/Vector, 10 inch Sonic/Metal Sonic etc).

I REALLY like that super duo pack though, I need severalllllllllll

I'll admit, the releases thus far have been a bit disappointing in the sense that I essentially had to pay $10 (the standard TRU & Gamestop price for a single 3 incher) for an unarticulated piece of plastic shaped like Spinner (and Sandworm AND Mono Beetle) since I already owned the actual figures they came with. Which isn't to say I'm not happy with my purchases, but I can totally see where the complaints are coming from.

That being said, and as I've mentioned earlier, it seems like this first "wave" consisted of the lamest of the bunch (the unarticulated barely painted prop badniks). When Classic Tails and the Knuckles re-release arrive on shelves, it seems we'll be receiving a fully articulated and fully painted Egg Pawn and what appears to be a very articulated Grabber. And we'll be getting these GOOD badnik figures for the price of ONE figure. In the case of Egg Pawn, throw Knuckles away if you want, he was basically a freebee. And in the case of Grabber, you got him AND the new Classic Tails sculpt for the price of one. THAT's pretty awesome.

And the Egg Fighter and Egg Robo packs may please in a similar fashion. I don't know their exact pricing yet, but if its the same as the Eggman/Metal or Big/Froggy packs, it will be like getting THREE figures for the price of TWO.

I won't bother defending what looks like a crap Iblis Biter that should also be hitting shelves soon. But I think in general things should be looking up from here. The best is yet to come, as they say ^_^

EDIT: Have we been told what the "Sonic with Collector Base" will consist of? I've heard that it's Classic Sonic in a Fire Shield (which I would definitely buy) and I've also heard that it's Classic Sonic with a Base that can also hold the other Classic Figures (which I would only buy if the base had a Green Hill pattern or something). But I haven't heard definitively what's in that box. Does anyone else have any clues?

Saw the 3 inch classic sonic at Gamestop, too expensive so I passed on it. The rest of the figures are out at Target as well. Toys R Us is behind as usual with the releases. Passed on the other figures with badnicks. I already have them. The modern Tails look like its a darker shade of Orange. I wish they would have remolded his tails to look like classics tails tail piece. So far the classic sonic looks ok. I'm not really impressed with this classic lineup so far. It's just the same figures I own with an accessory and I'm still seeing qc issues, sloppy paint jobs, warped limbs. I'm hoping they don't screw up charmy and rouge releases.

Speaking of darker Tails, my local TRU finally started getting All-Star Racing Tails in stock again and he's the darker orange as well. The original release of ASR Tails was MUCH lighter orange than the single card 3". I'm glad I got the older release. I like his more pastel color better than the darker orange ^_^

Huh. Now that I thinkabout it, you guys are right. I did notice the paint job on badniks, and yet, I brought them anyway. The way figures are painted, doesn't bother me as long they are mostly accurate, but what bothers me, is lack of extra color details on badniks.

And I agree, I hate the idea of badniks being paired up with Sonic figures that we already have like modern Sonic, Silver, modern Tails, etc. I'm skipping Tails+Sandworm, (because I already have Tails and I still don't like half-model of badnik idea) and Eggman+Unleashed robots, since unleashed robots doesn't look interesting or cool in my opinions, and I already have Eggman. Classic Sonic is my favorite out of three packs I got, though. If they could celerbrate 20th Sonic, at least don't get badniks being paired up with figures that already exist. I did get Sonic+Spinner and Shadow+GUN beetle, mostly because of Adventure enemies, which I liked. If they were different figures, I may not buy them =/... They could at least put same figures in new 20th ann. packs, but not paired with anything? I was disappointed with incorrect names and dates too.

Huh, you know what? I'll skip Knuckles+Egg Pawn pack and just wait for Egg Pawn single pack, who knows it may happen. They eventually make single packs for everyone else like Amy Rose, Knuckles, Super Shadow, etc. I'm still getting every other pack that have classic characters, but others with modern characters like Silver, Knuckles, or Eggman, I'll skip them.

Edit: Is it 3" Tails Racer!? I always wanted to get that plane!

I hate to burst your bubbles, but if you look at the grabber VERY closely, you can see that its not articulated...at all

I went to Target...nothing

havnt checked gamestop or TRU but Im going there tomorrow

I think if I get the badniks i may paint the details myself...it just bothers me icon_rolleyes.gif

I hate to burst your bubbles, but if you look at the grabber VERY closely, you can see that its not articulated...at all

I went to Target...nothing

havnt checked gamestop or TRU but Im going there tomorrow

I think if I get the badniks i may paint the details myself...it just bothers me icon_rolleyes.gif

Really? That sucks. Yeah, I mean I can only see Grabber as large as the picture shows it, since I haven't come across one in person yet. But the point where the legs meet the body (I guess it would be considered the spider's shoulders) looks like it has a little joint like the shoulder joint on Tails, only a bit smaller.

I saw a picture of someone's self-painted Motobug and it looked very cool.

motobug_repaint_by_wakeangel2001-d423l4a.jpg

I wouldn't trust myself to get it right. Or take the time buying the supplies needed. More paint would be cool, but I won't loose sleep over it :P

Oh my gosh. I didn't think it was that bad, accurate details wise.

http://info.sonicret...Needlemouse.jpg

And

http://info.sonicret...obug_Sprite.png

Huh, their design did change for Sonic Generation (Actually, Sonic Colors, I just checked)... Damn, that does look more worse. =/

http://info.sonicret...erations_10.jpg

Also, Mono Beetle:

http://info.sonicret...monobeetles.png

Wow... I'm officially disappointed in badniks now, I'll actually have to go paint using tiny paintbrush very slowly once I feel doing so.

Edit: Now I'm worried about Egg Robos... ):

Yeah, I guess they're not THAT far off from the redesigns, but if you compare them to the more colorful originals, you definitely see the difference.

Again, while I don't mind them as they are, I think people should complain. I mean, complaining got them to re-release Super Sonic without eyeliner, right? They seem receptive to criticism (though you think they'd pay a little more attention to detail the first time around after their issues with fans in the past).

I guess they figure the people who care about the redone paint will buy the re-release and they'll make twice the $ o_0

I also have the sinking feeling they were rushed into this line by SEGA though. I dunno, the delay on characters like Charmy (who has apparently been finished for some time now) and the lack of promo photos suggests that this snuck up on them. Maybe they're doing what they can now under their current restrictions and they plan to go back later to fix things up.

**EDITED**

Without a doubt. I hope Joe Amaro (Or anyone work in Jazwares) come and see our concerns about large lack of color details.

Well, maybe Jazwares will eventually fix them once they get enough concerns, like what happened with Super Sonic's eye lines, one of Chaos Emeralds being incorrect, and they got corrected later on.

For something huge like Sonic's 20th annviersy (can't spell), they did a great job on screwing it up with badniks' missing details, incorrect texts, and incorrect dates. =/ I'm sure that games will be good, but I just expect more from Jazwares for their best Sonic figures out of all Sonic toy companies.

I already opened packs of Shadow+Mono Beetle, and Classic Sonic+Moto Beetle, but I haven't opened Sonic+Spinner and after all of discussion here, I'm returning it tomorrow for a full refund, since I realized that I spent 10 dollars, just for a stinking Spinner with a few missing details (and extra Sonic)... =/ I'm keeping Mono Beetle though, which is much higher profit and more worthy-getting than Spinner. I'll be sure to paint details on Moto Beetle and Mono Beetle in future.

Also, just give your extra Sonic/Shadow to whoever that is your friend that doesn't own any Sonic figure. I already gave 5" Sonic/Shadow/Yellow Sonic/Super Shadow/Weresonic to one of my best friends via mailing, since she doesn't have any Sonic figures and she's a huge fan of Sonic, so I gave them away to her. =) I prefer 3" Sonic figures, more accurate, larger variety, cheaper price, more space to hold them, etc.

I was looking at those picture links and realized, if you like at the eyes on the original designs and the eyes on the re-designs, it's clear which ones Jazwares is using as reference, so they probably were never intended to look like the blue-faced version. Their paint job still is nowhere near perfect, but it's not as far off as you'd think looking at the ORIGINAL Motobug designs ^_^