New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

Heh well Im excited to hear that!

In that sense I think its smart to actually keep items aside for that very purpose, I have a boxed colors sonic, a few metal sonic juvis, and some other boxed figures, to sell and keep if need be. SO I sucha case I'll never have to, hopefully, sell my most treasured collectibles.

Wait, if classic version of Sonic, Tails, Amy, Eggman, Metal Sonic, Super Sonic were confirmed... what about classic Knuckles? =/

I believe Joe did confirm classic Knuckles in a video interview once, if I'm not mistaken. Either way, I'm crossing my fingers for having all the classic characters in figure form.

Hey everyone! I'm back from Maine! I've been reading along with you guys on a borrowed iPad, but those things are so hard to type on that my responses were limited. I missed a LOT though! Everything happened while I was away. I'm gonna try to recapture all the thoughts I had reading the news on here, while being as concise as possible. Here goes!

There's a newer release of Clear Espio?? I'll have to pick that up soon!

And thanks, TECHA. The flood did ruin a bit of stuff... but it's not the end of the world. You're a LotR fan too?? I'm a huge fan! Speaking of LotR displays, I'm actually hunting down one of those life-size displays of Legolas (my favorite character! ). Sadly, whenever I find it, I'm low on cash, or completely broke. (damn gas prices and food!!) And you wanna be a filmmaker too, huh? Wow, I never realized the two of us have a lot in common! I wish you luck on moving out to Cali! Maybe we'll cross paths one day, and like you said, collaborate on something! Jazwares figures for everyone!! Also, I'd be more than happy to check out your movie! I noticed that you mentioned beforehand that it's "not Sonic related". This is actually something I fear. I recently formed a sketch comedy group with my friends, and I plan on uploading a bunch of shorts online. None of them are Sonic related, and I fear that they won't get as many views because of that (most of my current stuff is Sonic related, resulting in almost all my subscribers being Sonic fans.) I feel like if it doesn't have Sonic in it, they won't be interested. Ah, well... I have to take chances. Hopefully I can bring in a new audience with these comedy shorts. But anyways... back to your movie! I'll check it out right now and let you know what I think once I finish! EDIT: Whoa... there's a lot of emotes in this post, haha. :D ( + 1)

Clover! :D Yes, they had four re-released Clear Espios at my local TRU. They're much "pinker" than the first release (which had a more purple hue). The new pink one I bought had very bendy plastic though. It seems to warp in the wrong ways and won't stand up right. And of course, now my TRU is out of them. So be careful picking this one up, though I do like having the two varied camouflage colors! And I am indeed an LotR fan! In fact the life-size Legolas you speak of is the exact one that I lost during my flood years ago. I still have Aragorn and Smeagol though. They're accompanied by Master Chief & the Rookie (from Halo) and quite a few X-Men, so i never got around to replacing old pointy ears :P

As far as production, I've usually been the lead creative force in everything we've done, which is why a lot of it was influenced by video games. But while I was working on those projects I cobbled together a nice team of actors and crew that have their own interests and so we've branched out to make things that are more of a common ground between us. Which was weird for me, but hopefully it means we can reach a wider audience. My Sonic projects never quite exploded anyway. Advertising the things I make has never been one of my strong suits cuz I'm too busy moving on to the next idea. But we'll see how it all goes from here!

And there are NEVER too many emotes ^_^. Actually there apparently are, since TNI said I had too many and had to remove some before I posted. So I took out yours. Apologies :D

Also, TECHA, just letting you know, I'm currently watching the movie, and I gotta tell you, I'm loving it so far. XD I haven't quite finished it yet, due to my Internet connection crapping up every few minutes, but once I do, I shall share my full opinion with you! :D

I'm glad you're liking Teerz of Christ so far Clover! Take your time of course (we knew a feature film on youtube would be a tough sell) but I can't wait to hear what you think! We love criticism (and also praise). There's a link to my last Sonic-related creation in my signature too, which is also feature length, if you're even bored enough to check that out. Though I think we've learned a lot since making that one, so despite my love for the content, ToC is probably the superior product :D But actually, in reference to the Asperger's convo that I missed out on, a few fans of our last Sonic-film have told us that they Aspergers. I've never been tested for it, so I wouldn't know personally, but I wonder if there's a connection between Asperger's and the blue blur . . .

I think that people with Asperger's also take longer time to be mature, as their age goes like everyone else, but they don't act like their age until much later.

If this is the case, I'd say people with Aspergers are the lucky one's. Never understood why drinking champagne in a suit and tie should be the natural progression from playing video games and collecting toys. If that's maturity, then I don't want it ;)

A few hours ago I introduced my 5 (maybe 6) and 3 (maybe 2) year old cousins to the SEGA Genesis (sorry Lee, not enough overseas folk for me to refer to it as "Master System" or even "Genesis/Master System" like we do with Eggman/Robotnik or Fang/Nack) and their first Sonic games. They had a blast. I love spawning new Sonic fans =D

I just got my little cousin hooked on Sonic through All-Stars Racing, Sonic Adventure, and the Generations demo. He had never heard of Sonic before and now he's hooked. I told him I'd give him some Jazwares figs (since I'd be replacing some to acquire the badniks anyway) and he's super excited for that now. It's nice to share with the world :D

I'm gonna be a dirty double poster and put this post up now, since this was around when the new figures started appearing, so I'll create a clean thematic break with a second post! I missed all you guys! See you again in the next post!

Onto the new figures! I wasn't expecting these to crop up while I was away, but here we are! Got my TWO flocked SDCC Sonic's in the mail. Opened one and kept the other boxed. It is kinda lame that the box is nearly identical to the regular 10 inch figure, but I still think it looks great on display. It is actually the only unopened figure in my entire collection right now, (Sonic or otherwise) and that's because I had a second to open up. I'm happy with them though. Great figures. And it looks like TRU.com is still selling them for some reason, so people can still jump on that :D

The day after I returned to New York, was dedicated to hunting down any available 3" Sonic figs (as well as some of McFarlane's newest Halo toy line). Me and my G/F hit up the local TRU (no Sonic and overpriced Halo), Wal-Mart (nothing at all), and FOUR different gamestops. All the gamestops had the same four figures (Modern Sonic, Classic Sonic, Modern Tails, & Shadow with their respective badniks). Haven't been able to find any of the other figs that have popped up on ebay (Egg pawn, Egg Fighters, etc).

But here's my assessment so far: While Motobug could use a bit more paint, I LOVE his sculpt. He's probably my fave. And while I said I wouldn't buy an incomplete Sandworm, seeing it in the store changed my mind. I'm glad they at least made Sandworm's base into something that made sense. I like that he's coming out of that little contraption and I placed him in the Eggman/Metal Sonic diorama, so that it seems like the trap door leads somewhere. Again this one could use some more paint and COULD have been cooler with a full figure sculpt, but I'm happy with it. Great sculpt once again. The Gun Beatle and Spinner look pretty spot-on, so no complaints there from me.

My main complaints are actually with Classic Sonic. His sculpt is FANTASTIC, but his lack of elbow joints is so0o0o limiting. His paint job looks less matted than the modern figures, so I think he looks too "toy"-ish. And the right foot on mine won't turn, forcing me to turn his leg at the hip, which makes it harder to lean him forward, which means he always falls onto his back. Also, no hole for a base in his foot really sucks. I'm not fuming over this, because I know I'll have to buy another one to get Amy anyway, but I really hope that figure doesn't have all the same problems (though it likely will).

Maybe they'll release badniks with corrected paint jobs down the road (like they did with Super Sonic). I'd love a badnik pack so I can get doubles of the current badniks without having to get thirds of the characters themselves. And I definitely hope the pictures floating around of the Iblis Biter are deceiving. That looks like crap. NOTHING like the actual creature:

104px-Sonic_06_biter_01.jpgWhy bother making such a pointless figure if you're not even going to make it look like the character. Yikes o_0

Lack of bases for all of the figures is very lame, particularly since Motobug and Spinner can't stand very well on their own. I swapped out my old Tails and Shadow with the new ones, but I'm keeping my original Modern Sonic (which stands better than the new one). I put all the new figs on the old bases and I'm going to give the inferior doubles to my little cousin. I don't mind if a figure with giant feet like Espio doesn't have a stand, but when a giant-headed fig like Classic Sonic has relatively tiny feet, bases should be included. Or even just a peg hole, so I could put him on an extra base. I really hope this is fixed with the Amy 2-pack.

Has anyone seen Knux/Eggpawn, Classic Tails/Grabber, Iblis/Silver, or Eggman/Egg Fighter anywhere yet besides Ebay? I like to check the paint before I buy, so I don't like ordering these things online. I hope they come out soon and aren't part of a delayed second wave o_0

Speaking of which, has anyone noticed that the four figures that WERE released all came with non-articulated badniks (Motobug, Sandworm, Gun Beetle, and Spinner)? Based on the pictures, it looks like Egg Pawn, Egg Fighter, and Grabber are all articulated. Possibly the Iblis Biter too, if it's jaw moves. I wonder if there's any particular reason why the "simpler" figures were put out first. Essentially the only new articulated figure that came out was Classic Sonic (the rest being unmoving props or re-releases). I wonder if there's some sort of delay getting these done over at Jazwares?

Yeah, both Classic Metal Sonic and Classic Super Sonic were confirmed via Facebook.

And yes, I saw both of these confirmations on their facebook wall as well. Can't find the Metal Sonic one, but I did bookmark the Classic Super Sonic one.

And with that, I think I'm all caught up. Sorry if my retread of the past week bored anyone to death. I just missed talking to you guys :D

EDIT: Someone on Jaz's facebook wall claims to have found a Silver figure at their Target. My nearest Target is almost an hour away, so I hope the whole wave hits TRU soon o_0

Time for a triple post (how sad).

I didn't know until recently that the hands of the Egg Fighters are their own separate robot (called the Little Fighters). Do you think Jazwares has made the Egg Fighter hands removable? It'd be a stretch, but it'd be pretty cool. Based on the pictures floating around the net, I could see them being removable (with the head of the Little Fighter being in the wrist of the larger bot) ^_^

I haven't seen any figures at all. I took a picture of the Sonic selection at the toy store, I'll post it later. I've looked everywhere.

On a separate note, I'm going to NY Jets training camp on Thursday! As a VIP too! Yay. On Sunday, I'm going to Cape Cod, to the tip of the hook which has no stores x.x I'll be back next Thursday, then I'll be heading home to NY at the end of the month. I hope the stores here in NJ have some stuff after I get back from Cape Cod.

Arrrghh... I need to get to Target ASAP haha... BUT I did get to see the classic 3in Sonic up close. This is gonna sound ridiculous, but I went to the mall a couple of days ago and ran into GameStop to see if I could find the figures. They had classic 3 inch Sonic, and modern Sonic and Tails. I didn't buy him though, 1) because he was 10 dollars (probably cheaper at Target and more variety), and 2) because I barely had time to catch a glimpse at the figures.

Oh and this is for Cloverdox and everyone else when we were talking about "reviews" a little while back. I was bored so I got the idea to do this! Enjoy!

HAHAHA! Awesome review! I also just stumbled upon Clover's review of NextGen Sonic. That was GREAT! :D

I friended / subscribed to both of you guys with all 3 of my youtube accounts (techaspike, PEHfinale, GoodIntentionsFilms) :D

Yeah for anyone who hasn't found ANY figures yet, I'd say check your local Gamestops, because I checked four different ones and they were all fully stocked (albeit with the same four figures, but at least it's something). No where else I checked had anything yet.

Apparently Target is selling the 3 inchers for the intended $6.99. But since it would cost me way more than $3 in gas to GET to the nearest Target, I did't mind paying the $9.99 for them at Gamestop. Besides, it's the same amount of price gauging Toys R Us has been partaking in, so we should be used to it by now :P

Have fun at camp, Super :D

EDIT: A Target 30 minutes away from me says they have figures, but seems incapable of specifying which ones. Should I risk an hour long adventure to find out if they have Silver and Knux? Uggg.

HAHAHA! Awesome review! I also just stumbled upon Clover's review of NextGen Sonic. That was GREAT! :D

I friended / subscribed to both of you guys with all 3 of my youtube accounts (techaspike, PEHfinale, GoodIntentionsFilms) :D

Yeah for anyone who hasn't found ANY figures yet, I'd say check your local Gamestops, because I checked four different ones and they were all fully stocked (albeit with the same four figures, but at least it's something). No where else I checked had anything yet.

Apparently Target is selling the 3 inchers for the intended $6.99. But since it would cost me way more than $3 in gas to GET to the nearest Target, I did't mind paying the $9.99 for them at Gamestop. Besides, it's the same amount of price gauging Toys R Us has been partaking in, so we should be used to it by now :P

Have fun at camp, Super :D

EDIT: A Target 30 minutes away from me says they have figures, but seems incapable of specifying which ones. Should I risk an hour long adventure to find out if they have Silver and Knux? Uggg.

Thanks man! Could you please send friend requests again? I accidentally clicked "Ignore" because I wasn't paying attention. Stupid. dry.gif Hahahahahahaha

And again, MUST GET TO TARGET!

Hmm, Youtube won't let me because it says "request already sent". Maybe you can send a request instead :P

I got another Target employee on the phone who read off which ones they had, and it was the same as Gamestop. Another Target even further away, won't be getting any until Friday. So for my area, it's still just Gamestop o_0

Hmm, Youtube won't let me because it says "request already sent". Maybe you can send a request instead :P

I got another Target employee on the phone who read off which ones they had, and it was the same as Gamestop. Another Target even further away, won't be getting any until Friday. So for my area, it's still just Gamestop o_0

Yeah. I went to my nearest Target today. Nada. But, they DID have an empty section, which I presume is where the figures will go when they arrive, seeing as it was next to Mario.

Oooh!

I checked Game Stop, FYE, Toys R US, and Barnes & Noble.

I gotta say, I am really surprised with my figure hunting.

Game Stop DOES have 20th ann. figures there, but there's only 4 packs, and I took three from them, which is Shadow + GUN Mono Beetle, Classic Sonic + Moto Bug, and Sonic + Spinner. I'm glad I found them in a store that isn't Toys R US.

It's official to me, all of Toys R US seem to always set toys at slightly higher price, while other stores never seem to do... They were 10 dollars each in Game Stop, but if I find them in Toys R US, I'm sure they could be like 12 dollars or more. I never see new Sonic figures Toys R US soon as new figure come out... x_x I hate Toys R US here. Toys R US can get any new figure, but takes like a few weeks more before they start appearing here. -_-

Nothing new in FYE for me, but they still sell a lot of different Sonic character hats, Sonic/Tails/Knuckles bobble-head figures, random Mario stuff, etc that you may not find in other stores around.

Also, I recommend that you should check Barnes & Noble (very interesting book store) out, JUST check it out. It doesn't have Sonic figures, but it does sell Mario's series 1 small figures, many different Mario figures, some Mario plushies, even new "green stand" figures including Bowser, Mario, Luigi (I also saw Peach green stand, but it was in Toys R US) and... Those green stand figures are 10 dollars, not 12-13 dollars like Toys R US offers. They always seem to be in stock, and there's so many of them as I was there every time.

Not only that, Barnes & Noble also sells many DVDs that you may not find anywhere else, as they may be too old or outdated to come out as recent items, not that it matters, I guess. But I found out that Barnes & Noble SELLS SONIC SELECT BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!! Oh man. I never imagine that I'd find them in a store without having to order. (Remember, by reading Sonic comics, they have ad talking about Sonic Select Books and you could order them?) They also sell Sonic Archie Volume books! I brought Bowser green stand figure, and Sonic Select volume 1-3 books from there. So happy!

Sorry if this is not new, but it is for me. I'm coming back to Barnes & Noble to get the rest of Sonic Select books in the future!

Went toy hunting at my local Target and Toys R Us. TRU had nothing, not even an open spot for the new sonic stuff. My TRU seems to be behind on things sometimes especially with newer releases. Target had the Sonic plushies but no new stuff yet. They had empty spots for the Sonic figures. Seems the 3 inchers will be cheaper there. I'll have to check back tomorrow to see if they get them in. Despite the classic characters not having elbow and knee articulation, they still look nice. Would have liked those points of articulation though. Since the Transformers line is at a low point right now I can focus on getting some Sonic stuff now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item2312fbf612

superfigures.jpg

O_______________________o I will reply to everyone else in a second... I think I'm about to pass ou--....

I HAVE TO HAVE 3 PACKS OF THIS OH MY GOF WHAT THE FF

I might have to drop the 100$ required for this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sonic-Hedgehog-Premium-Figure-20th-Anniversary-SEGA-/370527058327?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5645223997

Uhhhhhhwuwuwuwuwut.

So it looks like modern has a competely new body, I hope they create a new modern normal 5 incher, aside from being off, one spin is ultra crooked and his arm joints simply suck, (something they changed with newer releases like the colors edition)

But yeah, oh and wuwuwuwuwwuwuwuwut.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item2312fbf612

superfigures.jpg

O_______________________o I will reply to everyone else in a second... I think I'm about to pass ou--....

Woah!!! This is amazing! They said there would be Classic Super, but I never expected it with the first wave of Anniversary figs! Modern Super looks like a totally new sculpt. Spines come out wider, open hands, and it looks like the circle on his stomach is larger.

First thing I noticed though . . . Classic Super has elbow joints!!! On one hand, that's GREAT because it means the classic figs CAN have elbow joints. On the other hand, why don't the Classic Sonic's on shelves now have them, if it's obviously doable, based on this pic.

Anyways, I'm psyched. The rest of the wave better hit soon, so I can fill the empty spots on my shelf. I just packed some stuff in the attic to make sure there was room for everything! :D

EDIT: Just realized these are 5 inchers. No hope for 3" elbows then :'(