New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

Was that a real Jeopardy question?! That's awesome! :D

And Empire, Jazwares has been WAY quiet lately. They've almost stopped writing on their own facebook wall completely. Though when they do pop in, they often make comments about how insanely busy things are over there. I'd guess they're getting ready to ship us our new toys, so they can't keep up with emails and stuff :P

HAHAHA! Touché good sir. Well played.

But yeah, I know I personally had never heard of Jazwares before they got the Sonic license. But then I would never have claimed to be a Toy Company expert so who am I to say? :P It does seem like they announce a new license every few months lately though. Good for them. Hopefully they nail the others the way they've been nailing Sonic.

Did that sound weird? o_0

Ya know Techa I always imagined if a new Chaotix game was made it'd be like you said, swap the character from time to time, do you remember FUR FIGHTERS for the DREAMCAST? imagine that but with Knuckles-Vector-Espio-Charmy-Mighty-Ray and mybe add Boomer (the turtle who was created as Sonic's original sidekick, he had rocket powered boots but he could swim underwater).

Now that would be cool imagine the large levels to explore :)

Couple of comments;

1. Since SEGA have officially dissociated Knuckles, Mighty and Ray from Vector, Espio and Charmy, the chances of them coming together to work with each other is nearly nil now.

2. I don't care if I'm a reptile enthusiast, nobody can hold a candle to Rico the goddamn Penguin.

Although Charmy vs Tweek...that would be a VERY hard one to decide, I love them both so much!

Lol. Their A-Team figures looked like a step back. But movie figures usually always suck. Their Robot Chicken figures are good, but not the way I would have done it. They made the figures entirely out of plastic while on the show, characters have parts made out of cloth and stuff. I'd make them true to the show. But like I said, they look good.

EDIT: From the credits of "The Marriage Ref"

Markwalsh.jpg

Yay ^-^

Haha, Superchaos you rock! And also you have a good eye (or a skill with the DVR) cuz I couldn't even find myself when I watched the first episode. Those credits just fly by. Thanks for looking out for me though :D

Lee, I'm not familiar with Boomer the Turtle. Was he supposed to be in the games or comics? Or tv show? Or something else? :P

Couple of comments;

1. Since SEGA have officially dissociated Knuckles, Mighty and Ray from Vector, Espio and Charmy, the chances of them coming together to work with each other is nearly nil now.

That's the thing that's always bothered by the most about the Chaotix revival, Polar. The fact that Mighty was absent in Heroes never really bothered me, cuz they could always bring him back in some other way and there's no reason why the whole Chaotix Crew would HAVE to stay together and not go their separate ways since we last saw them.

But the fact that Knuckles doesn't recognize them, I find really annoying. He could have just said "hi" and left it at that. Anyone who cared about their relationship could hunt down Chaotix and anyone who didn't care probably wouldn't notice anyway. It just seems dumb to me that they'd ignore the relationship between these characters so bluntly. No one ever asks how Sonic and Tails met and demands a recap of Sonic 2 for Game Gear before they'll play Sonic Colors. So why would it be so crazy to have Knuckles recognize characters that starred in his only game? o_0

Sorry bout that. Rant over :P

I too hope Sonic Retro comes back online soon. I need to stare at that high-res flocked Sonic they got on their news page :P

And I hope everyone's playing Generations today cuz I believe the demo will be leaving us in a few hours :'(

Oh and Larry, love your use of Gorramit. My girlfriend and I have started (unintentionally) cursing in that way. Also Frack has been invading our vocabulary as we work our way through Season 3 of BSG :D

Those credits do fly by, and it was a combo of my eye and DVR skill. It was tough though lol. Anyway, you're welcome. =D

It's too late for me to play the demo again, but has it really been 20 days? I have a feeling that we'll see modern Sonic soon.

During the weekend, I'm going to NJ for a while, so I hope I'll be able to find those new figures at like the beginning of August.

I just loaded up the demo and it's still working for me, even though it says while it's loading that it will expire on July 12th. I assume it'll shut off sometime soon though :'(

I have a similar scenario coming up. My girlfriend and I are going up to Maine with my family next weekend and getting back August 2nd. Hopefully they'll be a fun surprise from Jazwares when I return to my local TRU soon after :D

EDIT: Now that the end of the demo is nigh, has anyone come close to Superchaos' record time in the new Green Hill? The closest I got was 55.29 seconds ^_^

I've done some digging, and could shave like 10 Seconds off my time. I might save it for the real game though, seeing as the demo may be gone soon. How about my Genesis time of 25 seconds folks?

Have fun in Maine, and I hope we get new figures. Maybe I can also go to the store in the city since everyone has been saying it got better.

Ha, you're nuts! I can barely imagine shaving off another 5 seconds (and my right thumb is killing me). But 10? You must truly be the master of all that is Sonic gaming :P

I wouldn't go crazy trying to get to NYC's TRU yet. I was there last week and it was pretty empty in the Sonic section. Most TRU's I've been in lately haven't had much on their displays. Maybe Jazwares is holding off on shipping for now? But I'm sure once the new figs hit, NYC TRU will have a nice selection cuz they were pretty consistent when the last wave came out ^_^

Well I have been playing Sonic for literally like 16 out of 16 years, and I'm pretty much Sonic exclusive, so I'd better be good. I don't think I'm a master yet. I still haven't honestly beaten the first or second game =X I mean I haven't tried very hard, but I haven't done it.

On a less embarrassing note, I'll be shopping at the store in Totowa NJ and on Route 10, and I'm not even sure I'll be in the city, so yeah.

Well definitely, those were classic figures, and the game will have classic characters.

Unfortunately I don't think there will be CD levels. Maybe the boss fight will take place in one, but I don't think any are playable. I think the leaked level list is what we will get.

well, the level list had 9 zones

and there are two acts per zone (modern / classic)

that's only 18 levels and if each level is say 3 minuets thats about 54 minuets of gameplay

if modern and classic have two acts per zone than Generations will have about 108 minuets of gameplay

which I believe is even shorter than Colors.

So I hope they add more levels or a Chao Garden or something, I think they said theyre going to have missions though after you beat a zone.

I still think it sounds rather short