New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

I love this thread. XD

Hehe, well, I am definitely getting Classic Sonic figure, bendy knees or not. :3

Wow I keep forgetting to sign in, but I've been following all the great posts! "Ha isn't it ironic how after a long time with no arguments, it happens on Sonic's birthday? Speaking of which, how was it for you guys? Gilnov and I released a trailer for our project called Sonic vs. Stupid-Sonic 2. Feel free to check it out on my channel or his!

Shameless promotion aside, I think the 5 inch classic Sonic looks great! No knees is too bad, but hey, after 20 years (unless you count that Tomy bendy), we're finally getting an articulated classic Sonic figure! If the knees don't bend though, it's no big deal considering his legs are short. But seeing as you're good at customizing figures, LaLaM (hope I spelled it right?), you'll probably find some way to modify the figure to your liking. I think that adding a thigh twist would help the figures' articulation a lot.

How was the demo? I really wish I had a PS3 right now.......

X-X I don't know if I should tell you this, but that run was far from perfect too =P Every time I get off to a good start I screw up. I could probably shave off a few seconds if everything fell into place. There's a reason I'm a second off the world record for Act 1 on the Genesis. =P

The demo is very good, very beautiful, makes me wish I had an HDTV lol. The game plays well, very similar to the classic gameplay, but he handles a bit different. It's very good though. Everybody here loves shameless promotion... And Sonic... And Toy Story... And Dragon Ball Z... You get the point =P

i was a bit suprised when I played the demo, and realized that you could use the spindash, I guess I was expecting it to play like Sonic 1 lol.

On another note, has there been any news about what exactly is being released after the Classic line besides Charmy and Rouge? because I would like to see more of the super posers, like a resculpted Sonic/Super Sonic, a resculpted Shadow, Amy, and prehaps Eggman? (Allthough Eggman would have to be about 10-12 inches to be to scale with the rest of them) Jazwares did a good job when they made their Knuckles and Tails, so they could do good with making more IMO.

i was a bit suprised when I played the demo, and realized that you could use the spindash, I guess I was expecting it to play like Sonic 1 lol.

On another note, has there been any news about what exactly is being released after the Classic line besides Charmy and Rouge?

Blaze and Wave

How's everyone doing?, long time since I last posted. I didn't post too often so I probably wasn't missed tongue.gif Anyway, I really like that 5 inch Classic Sonic and I am please with the leaked level list. The Generations demo is great IMO. Also here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwbi1tOgQPM Good quality Classic City Escape music...if anyone is interested. So, yeah that's it. Happy posting. happy.gif

Ew, that sounds absolutely terrible. The original wasn't that much better, but it was, without a doubt, better.

I haven't found any music from Sonic Generations that I'm willing to listen to quite yet, and, judging by what I've heard so far, I don't think there will be.

Let's hope they focused on the gameplay and story then LaLaM. Much more important than music or green eyes =P

I don't think the final song will be like that. That was for Sonic Boom, so I think there was a ton of fluff added.

But hey, what do I know, I'm just a blindly following Sonic fan. ; )

We're stagnating a llittle here.

So, in a short while, I'll randomly post a picture segment I call "What did SDP buy for less than £40?". And then maybe we can talk about the rare merch everyone owns while we wait for more Jazwares news!

I'll be up for that... Just as soon as I find out how much that is in U.S. Dollars XD

Joking aside... The rarest SONIC thing I probably own is one of the 15th Anniversary statues. But like I said my cat broke it. Change the category to sports stuff and I have a big list of rare things XD

Welp, it's time for the segment! [Note: There is nothing here that Aquaslash hasn't seen before. In fact, I'm sure he's sick of it now.]

So, what did Scaled Down Polar buy for under £40? I'll tell you; it's a Chao exhibition playset!

chaoexhibition.png

Included in this bundle is the sweet little girl, the girl's disgruntled babysitter, a bonny little Chao with a bow tie and even a Chao platform to show off the little tyke! Total cost; £34.98.

Lol at the chao platform.

The rarest things I have are probably

*2 inch EU Metal Sonic. This was way before the F4F stuff

*Joyride Shadow bendy. It was nigh impossible to get 4 years ago, no telling how it is now

*Resarus Gamma. I got mine MISB for cheap too.

Oh and I have that Rouge, but not cream, cause I hated her at the time. I'd buy a Jazwares cream though, just to have a full Team Rose.

I'm not totally sure on what the rarest figure I have is. I have Resaurus Gamma/Sonic/Tails/Knuckles. I have two 15th anniversary statues (the one that came with Next Gen Sonic and another larger one on a Silver base #450 of 2500).

I also have the Toy Island Eggman, which someone told me was rare, but I don't know if that's true. I'm actually gonna throw my Toy Island figs on Ebay to make some room for more Jazwares figus. I have Sonic/Tails/Knuckles/Eggman/Big/Froggy.

I already sold my Megabot Toy Island collection. But I can only fit so many in this place :P

The Classic Sonic figure better have bendy material legs, because omitting the knee joints is unacceptable.

Yeah I am criticizing this figure, so shoot me. If you are going to articulate a figure, you ruin the sculpt... you cut it up and make it ugly, but to make it fun to play with and pose, If they are not going to include knee joints then why even articulate the upper body because there will be no decent poses you will be able to get out of him.

If I saw a Marvel legends or DCUC figure with t-crotch legs but fully articulated upper body, I wouldn't care who it was, even if it was a Jim Lee Jean Grey or Jim Balent Catwoman I wouldn't buy it... because I couldn't pose it properly. If every other figure in the line has knee joints and they work properly there is absolutely no reason for the Classic Sonic to not include it.. As it currently stands, I probably will not buy this Sonic, even though I like the sculpt and Classic Sonic in general... the figures just sucks aesthetically. Just because Jazwares is the first company to keep a Sonic line going doesn't mean the can do no wrong, stop kissing Jazwares ass.

Also if the don't add knees, get rid of that god awful waist joint, it is so ugly and useless.

Haha you guys crack me up. LaLaM, sometimes if you're right you just have to let it go unfortunately. Some people just refuse to let go of their opinion. Plus, it's just a kid. No biggie man, right? :)

No knee joint is gonna get some hating, but hey, people hated the first 3 inch figures for being TOO articulated. It's a slight bummer, but nothing big. He would be nice on display if you're into that sort of thing, Rockzilla. If not, then the 10 inch Classic Sonic should fix that.

The only reason why people dislike the 3 inch figures for being "too" articulated, is because of how bad the quality control is for the joints on jazwares figures. If the plastic was strong enough to hold the figure up without basic plastic warping, then I think we would all enjoy the posability that the 3 inch figures have to offer.

I... just noticed that.

bendylegs.png

I'm unsure if a lot of people already noticed it, but to me, it was impossible to notice unless you look really carefully and closely. I'm really not that concerned anymore. Sure, there's no bendable knees, but you can still move legs, which is good. =]

I'll buy it knee joints or not. Being able to pose it isn't everything to me, I'm more excited about how accurate it is than disappointed that it lacks knees. Who knows what the final product will be like? Remember the 3 inch prototypes? Only like 5 points of articulation.

• Like 1