New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

I agree completely. It may seem mildly annoying, but if we don't tell them directly, they won't know what we want. I've been pushing for Nack, Mighty, and some comic characters on their facebook (none of which they appear to have the rights to make currently). But if they don't see people asking, they'll never think to even attempt getting the rights to those characters ^_^

So shout out your faves to keep Jazwares informed on our collector needs! :D

Agreed, TECHA.

But this really doesn't make sense to me. Jazwares can only make characters from the games that were created by Sega of Japan... but weren't Fang, Mighty, and even Bark and Bean created by them? So what's the deal? What other "license" do they need? I'm kind of convinced that these figures aren't what we thought they were going to be, sadly. I kind of think these are just Sonic Generations figures, and everything we will see depends on what's in that game. I'm guessing the reason they weren't labeled as Generations figures in Toy Fair was because the game wasn't announced yet, so they just put together quick, temporary boxes on display.

EDIT: Gah, I pretty much just repeated what TECHA said a few posts up. :P Ah, well. But yeah, I agree with this.

Yeah I have that Gamma too. Great figure! I was never sure if that figure was to scale with the others. Sonic Retro says he's a foot taller than Robotnik, which would make the Resaurus Gamma to scale. But than that same site says Big is supposed to be half a foot taller than Robotnik, which would make the Jazwares Big too small (or their Eggman too tall).

Now I'm super confused. Is there any more definitive source for their heights? o_0

Yeah, the ReSaurus Gamma is great, but I wouldn't mind seeing Jazwares take a shot at him. Imagine the ReSaurus figure, only more accurate and with better articulation! :D

Also, I think the character bios on Sonic Channel lists all their heights. Maybe you can check there?

Good call man. Yup, according to Sonic Channel: Gamma is 6 inches taller than Big, who is 6 inches taller than Robotnik. Jazwares' Eggman seems about right relative to Sonic, so I'd guess that means their Big isn't correctly to scale because he should be somewhere between the Jazwares Eggman and the Resaurus Gamma.

Also noticed on there that Vector is supposed to be exactly the same height as Robotnik, which means he's definitely not to scale. I had thought he seemed small, since Espio's head fin actually made him taller than Vector.

Of course, other than Vector, I never would have noticed any of this without looking it up, so it doesn't really make a huge difference to me. Although it does make you wonder what information Jazwares is using when they design their figures and if they're consiously choosing to make characters smaller. Maybe to save on plastic?

Whatevs. As long as they're close, I love 'em :D

Yeah, I'm not really expecting these figures to be totally in scale. As long as they're close, I'm good! I'm just happy we've finally got an Eggman figure that's not, like, almost as tall as Sonic! Haha.

Speaking of Eggman... I'm close to BEGGING Jazwares to make him an Eggmobile! The upcoming Robotnik needs his version too! Seriously, he just doesn't feel complete without it. He's in the darn thing, like, 90% of the time. I can honestly say I want an Eggmobile WAY more than the Tornado...

Yeah, these figs are the closest to perfect anyone has ever come, so I'm content with a few minor scale things. Though I wonder if they DID put the new charmy in a 2-pack with Vector, if they'd make Vector a bit bigger. A small Charmy with a bigger Vector means the amount of plastic would about even-out. And they still haven't re-released Vector with most of the others for whatever reason. Maybe there's a method to their madness . . .

But an Egg Mobile is a definite must. In the classic games especially, you almost NEVER saw him outside of that thing ^_^

I can't be sure, but recent wall posts from Jazwares on their facebook page seem to be from Joe Amaro (or someone with similar knowledge of their products). Usually the person responding on the page doesn't seem to know too much, but whoever was posting today has been full of little tidbits.

Apparently, Charmy has been sitting on his desk forever, but they have to get the 20th Anniversary figures shipped before they're allowed to move on to the full cast of supporting characters again.

Also he said he still wants to do Blaze, but they just had to put her on hold for now ^_^

And he wants to do Sega Racing Metal Sonic!

If that's the case, I'd love to see pics of Charmy!

Also, Sega Racing Metal Sonic? Cool! They might as well make the rest of the Sonic characters then. Amy, Big (which would be hard, seeing as his bike is so small, and Big is a heavy figure...), and EGGMAN, with removable wheels, so it can double as an Eggmobile! Something like this:

crude.png

Please excuse the crudity of this model. I didn't have time to draw it to scale or to paint it. (if you get that reference, you're awesome :D)

Also, it seems like someone at Jazwares likes my idea of a giant talking Sonic! They responded to my Facebook post about it! Ahh, I can see it now...

lolsonictalks.png

That's what I've always thought about Sega Racing Robotnik!! It seems obvious that Sega wants Jazwares to have a large focus on producing figures that correspond to current game releases, so a Sega Racing Robotnik with a detachable wheel base would be a great way to kill two birds with one stone :)

If they can't make any more new characters before the 20th Anniversary figures are shipped, it would make sense to ship the line sooner rather than later...at least thats what I think.

Sega Racing Metal Sonic would be great, but not a 1.5 inch scale one, it should be large enough for the current 3.5 inch scale figure...

Lol 221 pages ^^ I wonder how long it will be until we get to 300 pages xD.

If they can't make any more new characters before the 20th Anniversary figures are shipped, it would make sense to ship the line sooner rather than later...at least thats what I think.

Sega Racing Metal Sonic would be great, but not a 1.5 inch scale one, it should be large enough for the current 3.5 inch scale figure...

Lol 221 pages ^^ I wonder how long it will be until we get to 300 pages xD.

I think there'll be a burst of new pages once the 20th Anniversary figures come out XD

I love the idea of a Sega Racing Metal, and I really like the idea of Sega Racing Eggman's Eggmobile!

Mhmm, I've got quite a lot of figures to import from America to complete my Jazwares collection. At first I thought I could pass on it since I got the Sonic X figures for the characters that were released in the UK (I was unaware of Toy Island and their reputation at the time), but then I saw them close for myself and they were AMAZING. And then they started releasing figures of characters never in figure before, so I've badly wanted them ever since. Never thought there'd be an Archie comic in my bedroom, anyway. @haha@

Of course, once the latest supporting cast figures are out, they'll be the ones getting priority. I'm actually quite confident about a British release of the 20th Anniversary line, Tomy are more on the ball with the figures that are tied to a single video game release.

Mhmm, I've got quite a lot of figures to import from America to complete my Jazwares collection. At first I thought I could pass on it since I got the Sonic X figures for the characters that were released in the UK (I was unaware of Toy Island and their reputation at the time), but then I saw them close for myself and they were AMAZING. And then they started releasing figures of characters never in figure before, so I've badly wanted them ever since. Never thought there'd be an Archie comic in my bedroom, anyway. @haha@

Of course, once the latest supporting cast figures are out, they'll be the ones getting priority. I'm actually quite confident about a British release of the 20th Anniversary line, Tomy are more on the ball with the figures that are tied to a single video game release.

That is the exact same thing that's happened to me over the past few months!@haha@

Yeah, I'll definitely be picking up the 20th Anniversary Figs, but that's mostly for the badniks. I'm most pumped for the supporting cast to start coming out again. Seeing Vector and Espio toys was one of the most exciting moments of my life (okay no, that'd be pretty sad, but I was definitely excited). So I can't wait for Rouge, Charmy, and whoever follows.

MattBrit, I agree Metal Sonic Racer should be in the bigger scale. Not really a fan of those useless little 1.5 inchers.

And the way I'm thinking this whole 20th Anniversary thing played out, is probably that Jazwares wasn't given too much notice on this Generations mandate from Sega. The fact that Blaze was put on hold leads me to believe they're racing to get these classic figures done so they can release them as soon as possible, and than they can finally put out the figures that have already been done for some time (Charmy & Rouge). But at the same time, they want the classic figs to be good, which is why they've already repeatedly pushed their release back from June to August.

That's all just what it looks like to me obviously. But what do I know :D

Nice doodle, Superchaos! Was that during class or something? If so, I can totally relate. Those are what my "notes" look like. You'll hardly see any writing in my notebooks. It's mostly drawings of Sonic, Mario, Link, or random crap, haha. :P

Scaled_Down_Polar, I know, right! I knew this line had potential as soon as I found out it was based on the Sonic series as a whole (not limited to just Sonic X, or one game). Even though I'm not crazy about him, once I saw Silver, I started really seeing potential in this line. However, like TECHA said, when Vector and Espio showed up... I was blown away, and knew for sure that Jazwares was the best thing that could ever happen to Sonic figures. During the Sonic X Toy Island line, I always expected the Chaotix to show up, but they never did. Now, we finally have them! Well, most of them anyway. Our last member is on his way! :D Also, I'm pretty sure I heard the 20th anniversary figures were gonna be shipped to the UK, so you won't have to import!

Mattbrit, definitely. I actually pictured it being in the 3.5" scale, and didn't even think about the 1.5" ones. Not a fan of those, haha. Man, if only we had the characters from the 1.5" scale in 3.5". I'd love a figure of Beat from Jet Set Radio. I have the Joyride one, but I think Jazwares would do a great job as well. Also, let's try to get to 225 pages around Sonic's birthday! At this rate, though, we might be past that by then, haha. :P

Hey that's cool, I never knew Joyride made a Beat figure. But yeah, I would love if Jazwares made one to scale with the 3" Sonic figures. It'd totally buy that. I kind of wanted to hunt down the Sega Racing Ryo Hazuki too, but heard he wasn't a very good likeness, so I wasn't gonna go crazy looking for that :P

But I definitely agree, it was Silver who caused me to pause for a moment as I passed him in my TRU. It wasn't enough to make me buy him or anyone else from the set, or to even look into who was making these new figs (I had been burned too many times by Toy Island). But it did catch my interest. Than Espio and Vector were the big sell and I went back and found all the others after that :D

And I like you're drawing as well, SuperChaos! Reminds me of a little Tails doodle I made on a dry erase board at work a few months back. It was an innocent picture of the little fox guy shrugging his shoulders. Then a co-worker of mine altered it like this and traumatized everyone in the office:

168416_674784669437_48609628_36396466_8117247_n.jpgAnd yes, he gave Tails a 5 o'clock shadow o_0

Oh, they're August releases now? Well, maybe Charmy and Rouge can potentially see June releases if that email on page 219 is to be believed.

And while I'm interested in the line, I still don't have that many. In fact, i can list who I have in quite a short space;

Sonic - Joint first figure I got. Like any good Sonic, he has a problem with standing. :)

Tails - Joint first figure I got. Pretty stiff, but at least he can stand.

Silver - Third figure I got, and the last one for a while. His limbs are kinda dinky and delicate. D'aw.

Jet - Fourth figure I got at a Forbidden Planet ages later. He was the last one in the entire store too. His joints are middle-ish in turning. As I said, the single game tie-ins make it here no problem, yet the main line aside from the above three haven't been released in Britain. :(

Shadow - Joint fifth figure, it's the ASR version. He's dinky-limbed like Silver. Left leg is kinda weak in the air.

Knuckles - Joint fifth figure, it's the ASR version. He's middle-ish like Jet.

Vector and Espio - KYAAAAA! Oh, they were so totally worth porting! I don't think they'd get a UK release anyway due to being part of a comic pack, so eh. But the entire thing is so...perfect. They came together, the comic issue was fanservice to my interests and they pose REALLY, REALLY well together. Just one question; I can understand why Vector was out of scale in being too small, but why was Espio out of scale in being too big? He's slightly bigger than Knuckles even without the crest. With it? A height that scales to about 1.3m in Sonic terms! :o

Still have my dream of future licence aquirements. :D

Thsnks guys, yeah it was a doodle, and I got really into it when I got Sonic's face looking good. I gotta add a Newtron and Robotnik in the background. Techa, that picture is very.... interesting XD I've never been too good at drawing (modern) Tails myself, his eyes never look right. Or the shape of his head. I need to practice him. But yeah.

Hey, can anyone remind me of how they joined this discussion? I think this'll be a cool thing to talk about on the side.

I've been around since an old thread discussing how jazwares had acquired the license for Astro Boy movie figures. The discussion got into the Sonic figure license and that's where I joined in (I tried to be really polite with my post XD ). I suggested that Joe make a new thread about the Sonic figures and 5 computers later here we are. XD

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2058278&pid=16519380&st=0entry16519380

I joined on this page. ¬¬

I was just doing some lumbering around for the confirmation of Blaze's cancellation for someone else when I came across HyperTails' reply. Decided I needed to track the info more closely off the SEGA of America forums and voila. Now, the Scaled Down Polar they've come to fear on there can stalk their every toy move! Mwee hee!

Actually, they know me as Pur-Rulz. Meh, they're in the same boat of origin, it counts.