New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

No, I think you misunderstood me Clover. I was saying that anyone like us who would be considered a Sonic-fan shouldn't have to avoid naming their pet hedgehog "Sonic" just because it has become popular amongst non-sonic fans as well. I was trying to say that you or I or anyone with our passion have every right to name our pet hedgehog "Sonic".

Sorry if that didn't come across. I wasn't saying you're not a Sonic fan.

Clover, don't get ahead of yourself now =P

He said he thinks it's cliché too, but we're justified in naming it that because we're die-hard fans. He said it is cliché to name it that if you are not a fan. He never said you weren't a fan, he just has a different view of when it is and isn't a cliché. I get it, but can't explain it properly right now XD

EDIT: Gah, you beat me to the punch! XD

If I got a hedgehog? Id be unique.....id name him Mr.needle mouse. I like the godzilla character name myself there cloverdox.

Sucks about the soap shoes, but not too surprising I suppose. But theirs still ALOT alot alot of stuff to hope for. Im with all of you that said a tornado, its about time, it truly is. I saw a statue they sold that had the tornado, pics? Ive looked, I havent been able to find it again, but sonic tails's trademark plane hasnt gotten much attention.

Hey guys had an update from Jazwares facebook, seems august is the month for the clasic line and hopefully CHARMY & ROUGE so lets hope yea also think in december we'll get another batch as well.

TECHASPIKE & others who were intrested in my Sonic comic re-boot idea..... my first story arc 'Sonic Exodus' is finished and is being sent out on tues (after the bank holiday coz of the royal wedding) So fingers crossed :)

'That hedgehog may have beaten me! But its just a slight delay for the inevitable! Come Grimer! it is time for PROJECT DEATH EGG! To begin!'

Dr Robotnik - 'Sonic the Hedgehog: Exodus'

You're welcome XD I wasn't sure I got it out right but I guess I did. I... so badly... want the Tornado or another plane that isn't from that racing game... (Tornado 2 [awesome if they could throw in X-Wing conversion], Tornado 3/Cyclone walker [it'd be very cool if they could make that one transformable between a walker and a plane. I'd throw in car too but that might be a bit much XD])

Also, Omnichronus, I believe Sonic Gear is looking for that same statue. I'd love to see it myself.

I gotta say, I do love my Sega Racing Tornado Rider, but I think that's only because it's the closest we've ever gotten to the REAL TORNADO. A transforming one would be awesome, but if they just made 3 variants, I'm sure I'd buy them all anyway :P

That would probably mean we'd get a butt-load of Tails figures just to get the planes, but hey why not? ^_^

Hey Lee! Thanks for the "Nack" assist on Jazware's facebook wall!

And a Death Egg would be AWESOME!!!

I could almost see that happening too, as I'm sure the Death Egg will pop up in Generations.

And hopefully, so will Nack ;)

Good luck with your script submission!

Yes, good luck.

I think the Death Egg pretty much has to pop up in some way because of its prevalence in the classic titles. Nack/Fang, I'm not too sure about unfortunately. I've got myself thinking SEGA is only gonna have the Main Console titles (Genesis (and accessories), Saturn, Dreamcast, later consoles), and Nack/Fang only appeared in the Master System and Game Gear titles (and Sonic the Fighters)

I don't know, maybe, but I have my doubts about him.

I'd buy every Tornado they pushed out as long as they were not the Racing one XD

I agree we're more likely to see the Death Egg than Nack in Generations. But the way I see it, Charmy and Vector were revived with only ONE GAME under their belt (that came out for an add-on that barely anyone bought). So if that can happen, it's not too unlikely that a character with 3 games (one of which [Triple Trouble] was pretty popular at the time) could still make a comeback. Admittedly I'd rather see a modernized Nack make a return like the Chaotix did, but I'd totally take a time travel story to visit his old self again ^_^

But while I have my doubts as to whether he'll pop up, I feel pretty confident we'll be seeing the Death Egg in generations.

As far as potential Nack figure packaging, that is an interesting question. As you said, they did go with Robotnik's oldschool American name. But Nack has been marketed as both Nack and Fang in American releases, though Triple Trouble (where he was credited as Nack) was easily the most popular of his 3 appearances. I could see them going either way with that one though.

Only time will tell, I suppose.

And by the way, I feel bad for whoever moderates Jazwares' facebook fan page. There are some really obnoxious people on that wall. It makes me sad for the Sonic fan community o_0

These are the kinds of people who push me further from the comics -_- No more comments.

IF the figures are based off of the in-game models, this really makes me hope SEGA may treat us and givers us some of the old voices. I'd love them so much if Adventure Sonic had Ryan Drummond, and all of the Adventure-era characters had their respective voices [Eggman is a toughy though =/]). It'd be a very cool touch. (they are making a figure of Adventure Sonic right? That might mean he'll be in the game and either Classic Sonic, Modern Sonic, or both will team up with him.)

Like I said, I think that'd be a great move by SEGA. Bring back some of the band-wagon fans they chased away by firing him.

The prospect excites me so much XD

I loved that figure. Also, wouldn't be surprised to see re-releases either.

About the voices, I can dream, can't I? XD

Classic Sonic is Sonic too, but they're getting separated, aren't they? I wouldn't be surprised to see 5 or 6 different Sonics in the game, with only the oldest and newest being playable.

Sonic the Hedgehog style [silent] playable Sonic

Sonic 3 & Knuckles style [silent]

1995-1998 style [silent]

Adventure style [Drummond and company]

Semi-modern style [Griffith and company]

Modern style [smith and company] playable Sonic

That's how I'd see it. Each era had a slight design difference and I think may be presented in the game as such. Why not just get the voices for one game if they're willing to do it?

Do you not think Classic and Modern Sonic will interact with the Sonic characters from each generation? That's why I think we'll see a lot of Sonics. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see a Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions type thing.

Am I expecting them to include multiple casts? No, but I think it'd be a great gesture towards everyone involved./rant

Hey everyone, don't come on here often but, I emailed Jazwares the other day, here are the emails.

My email: Hello Jazwares, I was wondering when the Rouge and Charmy figures will be released around which month, and also are there any prototype pictures of them like previous figures?

I was also wondering if you have the rights to make a Mighty the Armadillo, Nack/Fang the Sniper, Ray the Squirrel, Bark the Polar Bear, Bean the Dynamite figures? These are great classic characters and would be great for the Sonic through the timelines figures.

Thank you!

They emailed me back today saying:

Dear Mr. Williams,

Thank you for contacting Jazwares, Inc. Rouge and Charmy's release is just around the corner, not long to wait now, they will be out soon. We do not have the rights at this time to make those characters. Thanks for the suggestions though, I will pass them along to the design team.

Best Regards,

Jazwares Customer Service

So yeah, basically more people requesting Mighty, Nack, and co. Perhaps with the many requests maybe we'll actually get them, since they are like, high in demand.

I know exactly what you're saying and have been saying XD

I'm just saying I think it'd be cool (even if it is confusing) to have several Sonics, even if the differences are minute. The diagrams though were a nice touch XD

I'm not sure if you're understanding what I'm saying, but I definitely have been understanding what you're saying, I'm just making suggestions XD

...Wait a minute.

Just a friendly reminder, guys...

Remember when Joe of Jazwares that he wasn't allowed to make Metal Knuckles because of lack of rights on classic characters...? Now Jazwares have classic characters rights, does that mean we now can get Metal Knuckles figure with popular demand!?

Thanks for sharing HyperTails! That's some good info.

The fact that they still can't make Nack, Mighty, etc, sucks for two reasons. One is they still haven't gotten the rights to those after all this time (grrrrrr) but another (perhaps more expected) conclusion that can be drawn from this is that none of those characters will appear in Generations either. As was mentioned earlier, the classic figures coming out seem representative of the characters who will appear in Generations. Since Generations is technically a "modern" game Jazwares has the rights to those characters. If a classic character doesn't appear in Generations, they remain solely "classic" and so Jazwares can't touch them.

*sigh*

Well anyway the Charmy / Rouge portion of that email seemed very hopeful. Maybe we'll even get them BEFORE the 20th Anniversary. That'd be a nice surprise ^_^

Gamma's one of my faves too. I'd love to have a figure of him. The rest of his "bros" would be cool too, though I don't know how likely it'd be that we'd get them.

And I have a sinking feeling they'll make us re-buy the whole Chaotix team just to get Charmy. Wouldn't put it passed them. Or maybe just Vector, since Espy is already in the Knuckles two-pack o_0

Oooooh that WOULD be all the playables, wouldn't it?! That'd make a nice little set ^_^

I'd also love me some Chaos and Tikal to round out the supporting cast :D

And yeah, I think Metal Knuckles and Tails Doll would be pretty cool figures to have too, as obscure as they are. Fingers crossed for that :)

About the older characters, I'd say to keep asking through the right channels. It lets Jazwares knows that the interest is still there, and perhaps will motivate them to push harder for the rights. IIRC, this is how Amy ended up being made.