New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

I actually liked the Shadow game as well. Sure its not the greatest game in the world but it was fun. I think its like a guilty pleasure B-movie.

The worst Sonic game IMO is still Sonic The Hedgehog 2006. The Riders and Story book Wii games were pretty bad as well. I hate to say it but Sonic 4 was really mediocre.

Even adding a MOMENTUM system would make 4 a million times better. I will not judge it though until we get the complete game. So if you guys are willing to stick around for another 2+ years, then you can know my opinion on that =D

I just think it's too early to judge, SEGA knows what the fans didn't like, and if they make say 3 parts, that's two more chances they have to fix it. They've started fixing Sonic as a whole, haven't they? (well at least the main titles.

The reason I despise '06 besides the glitches, atrocious story and voice over, Uglyyyyy Eggman, and lack of fun is because the speed just isn't there. There was not a single character I felt fast with. Even MARIO is faster than them, MARIO. If Mario is faster than Sonic (besides the Olympic ones which are either not cannon (probably) or Sonic is pacing himself (or both)), you've got a major problem...

At least in Sonic Labyrinth, Sonic has a reason for being slow.

I dropped almost $400 just to get that disaster that shares the title of the first game. That was like a slap in the face... Completely Unacceptable./rant

In my eyes, Sonic Adventure 2 and probably Sonic Adventure are AAA Sonic titles as well.

Well, I think if they kept the same stories and ideas, and maybe waited a few years with the Dreamcast instead of rushing it, to see what their competition was, they would have faired better.

Everything is a matter of opinion though. That's just how we are lol. I think specifically as Sonic titles, those 2 are among the best. Maybe not against other games of the generation, but in my eyes they are. Those were what I grew up with before I touched a Mario game. Mario fans would probably feel the same way about the Mario games they grew up with. I don't have the same attachment to Mario as I do to Sonic, and that's because all I had was Sonic. I do respect Mario though. I did like Sonic Adventure 2 tons more than Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario 64, and don't get me wrong, I love those games, but that just shows how much I like Sonic. If I were 10 years younger, I would totally be on the Sonic side of the Sonic vs. Mario thing lol.

I have to stop typing, I'm confusing myself XD

Bottom line: It's all objective.

I'd say the Adventure games are AAA Sonic titles. Specifically the Dreamcast ports are AAA titles anyways.

On game ranking Sonic Adventure is rated at 85.51%

and Sonic Adventure 2 is 83.78%

The Metacritic scores for both were high. Some reason the original Dreamcast Sonic Adventure was removed from Metacritic,so only the inferior DX ports are reviewed with poor scores. The Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game were particularly bad.

I've recently added small magnets to the feet of most of my figures (I have a few left to do still, just haven't gotten around to it), so now the holes in the feet make no difference to me. I'm debating on putting magnets in the bases as well, so I can still use those, or just getting rid of them completely and lay down a strip of metal.

Well My Chao Garden data wasn't loading (because of the disc, it was scratched, If I did get into Chao Gardens in the past, no music would play and in Sky Rail no music either. Also some glitchy sound in Eggman's Cannon's Core, but it would run, now the Garden won't load my save data.)yesterday. I tried all but one scratch solution that I found on the internet. Only made things worse. My mom took it to GameStop today to see if they had one of those resurfacing machines, they didn't and the guy talked my mom into buying Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and a Gamecube Controller (which I did need) and a memory card, saying they wouldn't work on the Wii without it. I only wanted the Dreamcast version obviously (I already own S.A.2 B.) The guy told her the machine was too expensive and most places don't have them any more... Bull poop... Now I'm out a game and she spent money without needing to and is mad. I'll probably burn it to a CD-R or something and finish it that way...

Sonic games eh? Well, If I may, I think Sonic adventure 2 went fairly toe to toe with mario 64. For its time, but to me, mario games have always been better than sonic games. Its interesting to note, castlevania fared MUUUUCH worse than sonic did, its first 3d attempt. I feel sonics quality dipped immediatly after the dreamcast died. With heroes, it wasnt bad, but it didnt compete with sunshine, even though most people say sunshine is poorest 3d mario game. Which I agree with, but thats like saying windwaker is a worse game than oot? Haha. For me, sonic colors blew me away. I havent felt like sonic could compete toe to toe with the other guys since the 16 bit days. I got kirby, mario galaxy 2, and donkey kong country for christmas. And, honestly, I felt sonic colors was right amongst those games. It may not be better than galaxy 2, or donkey kong OR kirby, but its so close, just like the 90's.

Sonic colors completed my soul. There, I said it.

I really enjoyed Sonic Colors. I found it fun and pretty refreshing. I haven't played 4 yet. Is it really that disappointing? If it is, that's a let down :'( lol

I agree. Colors had problems, but they were pretty minor. It really was a great game. :D

Wish I could say the same for Sonic 4: Episode I, though. I'm hoping Episode II is better. Honestly, all I really want them to do is improve the physics, and the music. If the graphics are updated to modern standards, why can't the music be too? The older Genesis games only sound the way they do because of the system's limits. They were still trying to imitate real instruments. Sonic 4 should have done that. Instead, we get this:

I really enjoyed Sonic Colors. I found it fun and pretty refreshing. I haven't played 4 yet. Is it really that disappointing? If it is, that's a let down :'( lol

Yeah Sonic Colors is great! Personally I think its the best game since Adventure 2.

As for Sonic 4 yeah its a big let down. Its just a bunch of cheap rehashes with terrible physics. Seriously Sonic Advance was much better than 4.

Yeah Sonic Colors is great! Personally I think its the best game since Adventure 2.

As for Sonic 4 yeah its a big let down. Its just a bunch of cheap rehashes with terrible physics. Seriously Sonic Advance was much better than 4.

Amen to that.

Damn :/ good thing I didn't download the first episode haha

I might give it a shot though. Sonic's always gonna be my favorite video game character.

Speaking of favorites, random question time! Who're y'all's favorite vide game characters? Like top five or ten or something hahaha Maybe like Top Five VG Heroes and Top Five VG Villains?

In no particular order I will list some of my favorite video game characters.

Heroes

Sonic obviously

Megaman (Including Megaman X and Trigger from Megaman Legends)

Zero from Megaman X not the stinky GBA series

Ryu Hayabusa

Chris Redfield

Villains

Robotnik

Dr. Wily

Wesker

M. Bison

Sigma

Diggin the Redfield pick there Rock. Those I always preferred Jill more :P

I'll list mine cause I realized I totally forgot to put mine with my last post

No order in mine:

Heroes

Sonic (obvi)

Dante (DMC)

Jill (Resi Evil)

Sora (KH)

Squall Leonhart (FFVIII)

Villians:

Albert Wesker (Resi Evil)- Seriously, this man is a total badass and one of the main reasons I wanna get Marvel vs Capcom 3. I can't wait to add those Minimates to my collection

Robotnik

Bowser

Dr. Neo Cortex (Crash Bandicoot)

Ripto (Spyro)

Donkey kong country was great, sonic colors was great, epic mickey was great, Kirbys epic yarn is fantastic, Mario galaxy 2 is the greatest game ever created. Well, one of the best. Anywho, but donkey kong country wasnt perfect either. It would have been so close....if not for the controls. Shake to roll? Why couldnt we play it with the CLASSIC CONTROLLER for gods sake? Why not a option to switch button control? And the music wasnt the absolute best out of the series. But anywho, sonic hasnt gone so toe to toe with nintendo in so long. Sonic 4 is only just beginning I guess, seeing as how its a multi part game. I fail to understand how they could screw that up. Really, but its a rather simple copy paste type game. Which simply will not fly.

Odd though, as I thought the music for sonic 4 was the only plus it had. IMO.

Anywho, Oh? Favorite heroes? So like of all time? Hmm...

Heroes

1. Mario

2. Link, though Its hard to choose between sonic and link, theyve battled it out for 2nd in my mind for years, sometimes I think its link, sometimes sonic.

3. Sonic

4. Goku its kinda ironic, it seems alot sonic fans are also DBZ fans, DBZ was my child hood. But gokus the stuff.

5. Kirby

6. Donkey kong

7. Spiderman my absolute favorite superhero.

8. Captain america second favorite yo,

9. Optimus Prime

10. Batman

Villians

1. Bowser

2. Ganon

3. Eggman

4. Meggs (megatron)

5. De de de

6. Magneto

7. Darth Vader

8. Venom