New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

Hey Joe, lookin' good haha! It's good to see you drop us a line! We all know how busy you guys have been over at jazwares! Figures are nearly half off from the Distributor lol. Could you shed some light on the mysterious "Collector Case" please? Also, anyone else notice the sign?

6_dsc_0112_1.jpg

Would it be okay to propose a few Ideas for that "Through the Years" line?

As we've said, we would love to have rings! Also, shields were a veeeryy important part of the Classic games and are a MUST if possible. Item Monitors would also be an AMAZING idea! So pretty much: accessories along with the Badniks. What Badniks and G.U.N. robots can we expect?

Please be sure if you guys produce the G.U.N. robots, label them as G.U.N. robots and not Badniks. Something minor but important!

Some other things to recap that've been discussed with you were Bosses, and Classic Vehicles like the Eggpod and the Tornado. We're also still dying for a pack with all the E-Series Robots, expensive as it may be lol. Even a pack with Gamma and Omega would be very cool! Can we have a status update on these please if possible?

Also, can you confirm or deny if we will see Sonic with some SOAP shoes? (What happened to the bottoms of the shoes for that matter?)

Sorry to bombard you like this, it's just very exciting when you visit!

Joe, you guys are simply THE BEST at making Sonic toys! Keep up the incredible work please!

P.S., I'll work on a fan name.

"Fan-niks"?

"The fastest fans alive"?

"Speeders"?

"Hedgies"?

"Eggfans" for Robotnik

Hi!

Is there a name for Sonic fans?

Like for Masters of the Universe fans it's He-Fans or Star Trek fans it's Trekkies or Trekkers.

Do we have one?

Just got back from New York ToyFair, Jazwares was not showing but I was at the booth of one of our distributors Zoofies.

http://www.zoofies.com/

I was helping them out talking about some of our new products, like Sonic!!!

I spoke to Jay from ENI, they have some good photos:

http://toynewsi.com/...88&itemid=16928

Pixel Dan stopped by to chat you can see the videos below.

Direct link to our Jazwares photo album:

http://popculturenet...?aid=719&page=1

Interview with me:

http://popculturenet...110215112047736

Thanks,

Joe

Wow, in 20 years, I've never stopped to think about the fact that there really isn't a name for Sonic fans. Interesting, since he seems to have a pretty dedicated following. But yeah, maybe we can come up with one and start a phenomenon! Fan-nicks is pretty good :D

And I do REALLY like SuperChaos' shield idea. Putting a sonic figure in a fire shield or a bubble shield is just one more excuse to have multiple sonic's running around my shelf.

I stumbled onto that video yesterday and it made me really wish I could have been at the convention.

I have two big questions if you get the chance to write back and I've heard this asked before so it should be relavent to all your fans:

1) Is there any plan to release maybe something along the lines of a badniks box set, so that fans who already own certain main characters can get the badniks without having to rebuy more sonics and shadows?

2) You mentioned in your interview that the toys shown there were slated for Fall 2011. Are there any other Sonic figures we'll be seeing before the fall that WEREN'T shown here? Maybe the previously discussed Rouge, Blaze, Charmy, and (if I may be so bold) MIGHTY and NACK figures? ^_^

Or at least an upcoming announcement of something to hold us over until the fall? :)

Thanks for checking in and for watching out for us Joe! I will buy as many 3 & 3/4" figures as you dish out so keep 'em coming!

And its nice to see a fellow Sonic fan finally take charge ;)

Larry, I knew someone would say something like that, so I had my response prepared. I might be the minority, but not all of us read the comics, or watch all of the shows. Freedom Fighters in the sense that you mean does not apply to all of us here.

That's kinda like the voice thing (couldn't resist bringing it up). Lots like all, but some people don't. I'll use Ryan as the games, Roger as the shows, and Jason as the comics (Cause that's the order I like 'em both in)

Ryan was the thing that brought most of us together, we all like Ryan pretty much. Jason came, and some people like Jason and Ryan, some people don't like one or the other. Then Roger comes in, some like a combination, and some don't, and some are sick of all of it and don't care.

Do Sonic fans have a name? No, but that's a great idea! Never even thought of that before. I think I actually came up with one, that I based off of most Sonic fans that I see. I think "idiots" would be very appropriate.

Haha, only kidding. :P There ARE some sane fans out there, actually. It's just unfortunate that they're in a crowed of a bunch of whiny curmudgeons.

Anyways... any ideas for what we could be called? Because I have no idea. "Blue Blurs"? lol, no clue...

EDIT: Superchoas, I just noticed your suggestions. I too had "fanniks" in mind lol

Do Sonic fans have a name? No, but that's a great idea! Never even thought of that before. I think I actually came up with one, that I based off of most Sonic fans that I see. I think "idiots" would be very appropriate.

Dangit, I was gonna say that! XD

I think we just call them "Sonic fans" though.

Is there a name for Sonic fans?

Like for Masters of the Universe fans it's He-Fans or Star Trek fans it's Trekkies or Trekkers.

Do we have one?

Duh, we're Freedom Fighters!

While I understand Superchaos' reason for this NOT being our name, I wholeheartedly appreciate this suggestion ;)

Agreed. I am in no means trying to insult or deter anyone. I just think we should have a name that applies to fans of all media, games, shows, comics, everything. So, that said, please keep up the ideas everyone! lol (I personally prefer Fan-niks/Fanniks, and I think most of us here do too. Looks like that may be the name until some of our other usual posters stop by at least)

I don't see why Sonic fans need a name. There's lots of groups that don't have a label. What are Mario fans called? What are Metroid fans called? What are Stargate fans called?

Also, you don't like freedom fighters because it alienates some fans that don't follow the comic, but fan-niks does just the same. If I was a fan of just the newest Sonic cartoon, that term wouldn't really apply to me as none ofthe enemies in that series are referred to as bad-niks.

Just my opinion, though.

It's implied. Are you speaking of Sonic X? I could've sworn I heard them say it. Badniks have been represented in one way or another in all of the media. Eggman/Robotnik's robots everyone knows are Badniks. The Freedom Fighters only refers to a group that was not present in all media.

I see what you were saying, but even if they don't outright say the name, we know the robots are Badniks. In the games, there is no underground rebel group like in other media and nothing to relate it to. In there, Sonic is not underground, and Eggman does not have any political or authoritarian power whatsoever.

Again, the robots are everywhere, so I think "Fanniks" is suiting. At least more than "Freedom Fighters"

Also, you know how wacky us Sonic fans are. That's why we need a group name lol

You know we all have a fighting spirit and stubbornness as strong as that of Knuckles, need I bring up the voice wars again? lol

But yeah. I see what you mean overall, but it works better. (sorry for repeating myself a million times lol)

How about what MEGADROID called the FLEETWAY readers, 'BOOMERS' :D

ah memories....

I like Blue Blurs though.... lets see' And in the SEGA hall the Blue Blur's are anticipating the new SONIC game'. Its gotta nice ring to it (Ah you see what I did there!) :P (p.s soz guys iam a little gagagogo atm)

Cant think of any other names

Sonic Boomers? too corny

The Spikeballs? to weird

The Blue Wonders? To daft

The legionaires? ummmmmmmmm

The Genisises? To *censored*

Well iam out I think I can be rendered in the useless/dumbass catagory lol

There's no use in trying to get a name to catch on. You may get some people that will go along with it, but you guys know how the Sonic fans are. A majority of them would laugh it off, and give a rude and arrogant response.

If anything... maybe we can give a name to fans of Jazwares, and all their great Sonic stuff! :D Who's up for being called the "Jazheads"!?

Jazheads unite! :D

EDIT: Take a look at my member title under my profile pic! Now you know I'm being serious! :D

It's all for Sonic =P

Plus, this is my haven from school ridicule. All day today with the "Sonic sucks" garbage.

Yay for Sonic fans (like you at least, you're one of my favorite people to talk to on here lol)!

Oh and by the way, I wanted to put "SUPERCHAOS2585, JAZHEAD, FANNIK, BLUE BLUR, ALMIGHTY MASTOR OF T3H PINGAS!!!!!" But it would not fit. That's my full forum name for now on lol

If some stupid kid tells you Sonic sucks, or teases you for liking Sonic, just yell "GO RIDE A CIRCUS RIDE!" It'll make them shut up. I'm sure of it.

And thanks! :D The feeling is mutual, sir!

Your very welcome! I'll try that line too!

I also have an epic picture I'm creating, gonna make it my new sig I think. Plus I'm gonna turn Super Chaos' (lol he looks like pee if nobody has noticed yet) "Spikes" upward for a more super appearance, maybe throw in some Emeralds, and give him a jazwares logo in his hand for my avatar.

You'll probably love the sig most though haha!