New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

aldfgkahdfjlskfJAZWARES GOT THE LICENSE TO CLASSIC SONIC?!?!

*leaves and comes back in a fresh pair of pants*

Oh my...wow. So that's why Jazwares has been silent this whole time! I can honestly say I didn't expect anything like this to happen in a million years. I always used to browse Sonic figure threads in other forums and I would usually always see people longing for classic figures with badniks and vehicles. Now some of these people had really good ideas, I won't deny that, but in my mind I really had no choice but to say "Sorry, bud, never gonna happen." Because obviously, Jazwares only had the license for modern Sonic....or so we thought.

And now...I see this. Classic and modern Sonics standing alongside each other in all their blue, plastic-y glory. By the SAME company. It's official, guys: Jazwares has done the impossible. :D

As many others had said before, this pretty much opens the door to an unprecedented number of new possibilities, since the classic games were so rich in memorable designs, bosses, and enemies. Judging from the figures above, Jazwares seems to be going all-out with these ideas (classic Robotnik with TWO EGG-ROBOS, 5-inch "Eras of Sonic" figures, maybe even a 3-inch Classic Sonic 3-pack) and I honestly could not be more thrilled.

Plus, there seems to be a new box design for the new modern figures as well (black and gray checkerboard), to go along with the classic box design. It seems that so far we're getting a 3-inch Sonic Colors Tails with Sandworm, Eggman with Egg Pawns, and a new Sonic Universe comic book pack with Shadow and another character (probably Silver).

Man...2011 is gonna be an awesome year.

Wow first we got Silver, Espio, Vector, Super Sonic/Shadow/Silver, Metal Sonic, Robotnik & Jet figures for the first time, and now....... the Classics I mean LOOK 2! count em 2 EGG ROBO'S! in 1 pack with the original ROBOTNIK! and now BADNIKS AS WELL! will we see the good doctor's EggMobile?????

Also would a possibility of a potential METAL KNUCKLES be possible? even like many have said... MIGHTY! afterall that poll a while back did indicate the he was very high in demand ( even if i kinda voted for him about 30-40 times on the website :P )

Lookin at the new type of checkered package (cool by the way) am I assuming these EGG ROBO'S and classic Sonic be released in the 3inch wave? and again iam assuming they will be released this summer ( June) obviously.

Like an above statement I would like to see/hear when Charmy, Rouge, & Blaze are released because the modern characters to go are as follows

Charmy - Confirmed

Rouge - Confirmed

Blaze - Confirmed

Wave - Kinda Comfirmed (ish)

Storm

Chaos

Tikal

Marine

Cream & cheese

Chip

Mephillis

Metal Sonic 3.0

Captin Whisker

Johnny

Neo Metal Sonic (sonic Heroes)

Emerl

Gemerl

Shade

The Nocturne

Id love to see these released as well, but heres to a great 2011 from Jazwares, a Great 2011 to the Birthday Hog and a great 2011 to the rest of us all fellow HogFollowers Happy hunting and let the Adventure begin :D

Really, just when I thought, well they'll make maybe Omega, maybe new 5 inch figures. But as I opened my big a few weeks ago, I hadnt expected Jazwares would be getting even more of my cash. What a pure shock, you know we all were pretty adamant about Classic sonic stuff, classic sonic was in my top 5 most wanted for ever. Who know, im sure we had a small part. Classic eggman figure? Oh my god, finally!!!!

You know Im a big sonic fan, I personally have really liked where they have taken the character design wise, and personally I dont actually feel hes changed much as it is. But years ago I wanted a figure JUST like the 3 inch one we ended up getting, but it wasnt the old one. Basically I wanted a posable sonic toy for years, and thats exactly what I had imagined. CHILD HOOD COMPLETE heh, anywho, Eggman with robo's? Its simply too perfect to be true.

Oh, and skyward sword figures? Holy Sh@&.

I'm so hoping fang, bean, bark , ray and mighty figures get made. Those would rock. I still want to see the modern characters made as well.

Jazwares has nearly equalled the level of Teamfourstar.

Also, if you edit it a bit and look closely, you see what clearly appears to be a cutout of Sonic with a yellow border around him, in front of some sort of red and blue background. There's also something in the top left corner. Perhaps a 20th Anniversary label? Idk.

ssssssssss.bmp

Jazwares has nearly equalled the level of Teamfourstar.

Also, if you edit it a bit and look closely, you see what clearly appears to be a cutout of Sonic with a yellow border around him, in front of some sort of red and blue background. There's also something in the top left corner. Perhaps a 20th Anniversary label? Idk.

With the unlimited chaos power of youth I can guess that is the tornado sonic is standing on, with Tails in the corner. If they were to make tails with a tornado, they could have a peg on either side of the wings so we can put any figures on there. That'd be sweet.

Classic Sonic toys, STRANGE, ISN'T IT?!

But seriously folks, this new stuff looks awesome! Can't wait to get my hands on a tiny Genesis Sonic (Still need to get Free Riders Sonic too)

And is it just me, or is that 10" Sonic...... fuzzy?

• Like 1

I'm baaaack!

I already got Big the Cat, it never came in Toys R US near here for the entire time on last year. So I had to order it and obtained him! (And Froggy.) I also obtained Super Pack (OH WOW, THEY WERE AWESOME.) and Vector+Espio comic pack, as well. =)

I'm very happy to hear that Jazwares is planning to do classic Sonic characters, especially Eggrobos, wow... I love Eggrobos, they are so awesome. XD Speaking of super posers, I never see them in Toys R US anymore... Maybe Jazwares stopped selling them and decided to make new versions of Super Posers for Sonic, Super Sonic, Shadow, and Super Shadow? You gotta admit, certain ones weren't that good as other figures. XD

Holy... Wait... Does that mean Metal Knuckles, Bean, Bark, Ray, Mighty, Tails Doll, etc are now possible...?

By the way... Look at this image again, I noticed something... Look at Shadow icon of comic pack on right. There's a comic behind it...

Jazwares-Sonic-20th-Anniversary-figures-5.jpg

That comic, I believe could be the comic of Silver the Hedgehog for Sonic Universe.

su25-650.jpg

I juuuuust had to point that out, I'm not sure if anyone have noticed already. XD Strangely; it had Shadow there... I wonder why? Hmm...

Wow, this is going to be awesome year of 2011 already because of Blaze the Cat, Charmy, Eggrobos, and so on. I'm not a fan of Rouge, so I can't say I'm trilled about her. But still, this is amazing to know! I actually thought Eggrobo figures could never happen, but I was wrong, this is too good to be true.

Also, was Cream confirmed to be made? Because I don't remember, if she was confirmed or not. If she is, can anyone find the proof to that?

Well. Seem like Tails and Silver plushes are in Toys R US, or so as it said on their website; you can order them online.

Tails plush --> http://www.toysrus.c...ductId=11044090

Silver plush --> http://www.toysrus.c...ductId=11044091

They look pretty bad as Sonic, Weresonic, and Shadow plush... x_x Oh well.

And it seems that you can also order Jet and Rider Sonic figures online, as well!

Jet --> http://www.toysrus.c...oductId=4433197

Rider Sonic --> http://www.toysrus.c...c=prodCrossSell

I think that Toys R US need better search engine that find more things easier.

But anyway, I will order Jet and Rider Sonic later, since I never see them in stores. =]

As for Shadow+Silver comic pack thing, that gotta be a reason for it, maybe Shadow had a important role in Silver comic or something.

@Cloverdox Hey, those test animations you made for your stop motion videos were really cool!

Thanks so much! I think the "character animation" test went well, but I wasn't happy with the running animation test, haha. It looked to... "MS Paint-ish". I gotta work on a way to make the spinning feet look more natural.

@Cloverdox Hey, those test animations you made for your stop motion videos were really cool!

Thanks so much! I think the "character animation" test went well, but I wasn't happy with the running animation test, haha. It looked to... "MS Paint-ish". I gotta work on a way to make the spinning feet look more natural.

Sweet, I can't wait. I remember when I'd come home and see something about Sonic Mania. I'd get excited then depressed then excited again. XD I can't wait to see what's in store. Keep up the awesome job dude.

You're very welcome! =D

Also, I was one of the people who subscribed for the reviews, (I think we went over this before though, lol)

Seriously though, what kinda things have you tried for the running animation? I've never really tried to make anything like that, so is it really that difficult?