New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

Haha! Yup!

Anyone here know about SSBB hacking/modding? I'm trying to get Mastaklo's Shadow over Sonic (includes Shadow's David Humphrey voice), look Mastaklo up on YouTube if you have no clue what I'm talking about)

Anyway, I have no clue where to even begin, but I would really love to get this to work.

This is how the snout piece looked on mine:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item3f059ac48a

I may just be imagining things, but I think the muzzle piece on that one is actually a bit larger than the one on the figure I'm currently holding (upon close comparison). Other than that, everything looks about the same to me. I bet they still fixed the joint quality on that one, though, as the joints on my Espio are still a bit loose.

Now they just have to fix the height and shoe-bottom issues and I will be complete. :)

Well, I finally got Shadow working, voice and all. He's already one of my favorite characters to use! I just have to find a good way to get both him and Sonic (and to change Sonic's voice, Ryan or Roger will do quite nicely, or even some other Jason clips, you have to admit, Brawl wasn't one of his better jobs... though there wasn't much to it.... I like his grunting in Unleashed and newer games better! lol)

I also wanna get around to making Ash Ketchum for some reason, what would he use? (his Pikachu obviously)

Gah, there's so much I want to do to this game, and not enough character slots. Even Clone Engine won't be enough lol!

Those look really cool. I must get my hands on them. :P the boards look small though. Meh whatever their awesome.

TBHOUSE is already scalping them -___-

I hope I can find them soon.

Jet:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/3-JET-sonic-figure-HEDGEHOG-hawk-FREE-RIDERS-/360328115462?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e53ab506#ht_1510wt_905

Sonic:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/3-SONIC-figure-HEDGEHOG-jazwares-FREE-RIDERS-/380298859926?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588b941596#ht_1510wt_905

Well, I finally got Shadow working, voice and all. He's already one of my favorite characters to use! I just have to find a good way to get both him and Sonic (and to change Sonic's voice, Ryan or Roger will do quite nicely, or even some other Jason clips, you have to admit, Brawl wasn't one of his better jobs... though there wasn't much to it.... I like his grunting in Unleashed and newer games better! lol)

I also wanna get around to making Ash Ketchum for some reason, what would he use? (his Pikachu obviously)

Gah, there's so much I want to do to this game, and not enough character slots. Even Clone Engine won't be enough lol!

I actually thought Jason Griffith's brawl lines were some of his better work as I felt more emotion and excitement as well as the seriousness and impact of his grunts and shouts in his voice in brawl than in previous games. I do wanna see how Shadow came out though. I'm interested in seeing how you made Shadow. Aside from making Shadow and Ash, what else do you wanna do with the game?

Well honestly, I didn't make Shadow, I downloaded him. Just look up Mastaklo on YouTube.

As for Ash, that's something I may try to figure out eventually, I 'd really like to.

I also want to get Sonic back in the game (Shadow actually goes over all of Sonic's files), the only problem is, Sonic doesn't work too well when replacing other characters. There's a project called Clone Engine that will be released, with which you can create duplicates of characters. I'll probably do that for Sonic once it's done.

I also wanna get some more classic game characters, like Megaman characters, and lots of others.

Star Wars characters would be cool too. I just have to do a bit more research before I'm willing to try anything. Any characters any of you guys would like to see?

Is it just me? Or is Free riders sonic a bit...chubby in the face? I dunno. He looks like sonic adventure 1 sonic. The mouth, It looks different. Anywho, they look perfect as usual. Jet isnt my favorite character but, I love these figures so much I might get sonic AND jet.

I can't believe my luck.

So the plan for the day was to stop off at Jareds, pick up the necklace I ordered for my girl, and then stop by Toys R Us and get wrapping paper. I figured Toys R Us, cause then I could check out what Sonic figures they had. Get to Jareds, they show me the necklace, looks nice, but it's pink sapphire and it's supposed to be blue sapphire. The guy was really nice and I know it's not his fault, but he said he'd get it taken care of and the new one should be in by Friday.

I was really hoping to finish up all my shopping for Christmas and the necklace was the last, so I felt fairly defeated as I left and debated heavily if I wanted to just go home. I figured I'll still stop and get the wrapping paper, since I need it anyway, but I'll probably just run in and out. Once inside, however, I might as well stop by the Sonic aisle, even though there's not going to be anything the anyway...

Took a quick glance, there's only two single pack figures on the shelf, one in front of the other, the first one being Sonic. Great, what a waste of time. On closer inspection, I realized it was Sonic... with a board! I think my heart literally stopped for a second as I slowly pulled it down to see what was behind him. Jet the Hawk. Needless to say, I snatched them up rather quickly and hoofed it to the check out.

Normally, I get new figures about a month after the first post on here saying they've been spotted.

FYI, Fairview Heights, IL, about 20 minutes from St. Louis.

Guys! I have news!

3-inch Wave is being made.

How do I know this? I recently e-mailed Jazwares asking about whether they would still consider making Wave and Storm for the Free Riders line if Sonic and Jet sold well enough. This was their reply:

Thanks for your question! We plan on making Wave, keep an eye out for him. Stay updated by liking our facebook page of following us on twitter and we will be sure to let you know when he is on shelf.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

The only thing I found funny is that they referred to Wave as a "he". @lol@

Other than that, though, this is awesome news! If Wave is made, this means we'll have to see Storm sometime in the future to complete the Babylon Rogues.

Guys! I have news!

How do I know this? I recently e-mailed Jazwares asking about whether they would still consider making Wave and Storm for the Free Riders line if Sonic and Jet sold well enough. This was their reply:

Thanks for your question! We plan on making Wave, keep an eye out for him. Stay updated by liking our facebook page of following us on twitter and we will be sure to let you know when he is on shelf.

Other than that, though, this is awesome news! If Wave is made, this means we'll have to see Storm sometime in the future to complete the Babylon Rogues.

That's really cool! Thanks for Sharing.

I can't believe my luck.

So the plan for the day was to stop off at Jareds, pick up the necklace I ordered for my girl, and then stop by Toys R Us and get wrapping paper. I figured Toys R Us, cause then I could check out what Sonic figures they had. Get to Jareds, they show me the necklace, looks nice, but it's pink sapphire and it's supposed to be blue sapphire. The guy was really nice and I know it's not his fault, but he said he'd get it taken care of and the new one should be in by Friday.

I was really hoping to finish up all my shopping for Christmas and the necklace was the last, so I felt fairly defeated as I left and debated heavily if I wanted to just go home. I figured I'll still stop and get the wrapping paper, since I need it anyway, but I'll probably just run in and out. Once inside, however, I might as well stop by the Sonic aisle, even though there's not going to be anything the anyway...

Took a quick glance, there's only two single pack figures on the shelf, one in front of the other, the first one being Sonic. Great, what a waste of time. On closer inspection, I realized it was Sonic... with a board! I think my heart literally stopped for a second as I slowly pulled it down to see what was behind him. Jet the Hawk. Needless to say, I snatched them up rather quickly and hoofed it to the check out.

Normally, I get new figures about a month after the first post on here saying they've been spotted.

FYI, Fairview Heights, IL, about 20 minutes from St. Louis.

Lol, you made that experience sound like an epic excerpt from a movie. But I can relate... I usually don't see these until a month or two after they've been announced either; so I'd be just as happy as you lol :P

Guys! I have news!

Oh wow, and that's a female character to boot so that's good. I'd like to see my Rouge released though... still good to see Jazwares is going to branch out and complete the Rouges.

I can't take pictures, as all I have is an iPhone and poor lighting, but I will post a small review of the figures.

Sonic

The figure is the same mold, as far as I can tell, as the regular Sonic figure, aside from the shoes and hands. The head has two small holes on either side that his goggles peg into. I was a bit dissapointed that they could not be positioned over his eyes. The blue is a shinier blue than the original Sonic and his arms are molded from the same but painted. I don't understand why they didn't just use the flesh colored plastic for his arms and mouth, but they didn't.

Jet

Not too much to say about this figure in general. The sculpt is great, but I've never played any of the hover board games, so I don't have much first hand knowledge on the figure. His goggles fit nicely over his eyes, but, like Sonic, they are not made to be positioned in that way. The strap plugs in to two small holes in the back of the head on either side of his feathers.

Paint

Paint is too horrible. Sonics stomach is painted within the lines, but not to the line. Jets chest and glove cuffs have bleeding and his shoe details are within the line, but again, not to the line.

Boards

The boards look alright in general. The tops have a sticker decal and two large pegs for each foot. The pegs are probably about four times as big as the other figures, so it provides great support. The bottom of the boards have wheels which is nice in concept. The figures are top heavy as we're all used to, so they have to be leaning forward a good amount to balance on their boards. I would have preferred no wheels or at least clear wheels.

Joints

The arms are tight enough, but both figures hips are loose and if you swing the figure from the head, their legs will swing back and forth freely. My Amy Rose figure suffers from this same issue. Standing on their boards makes it not so bad, but if you find a stance you like, the figure will most likely bend either forward or back at the hips and you'll lose that specific stance.

Gloves

Just wanted to note that the gloves have a seam around the thumb and along the sides of all the fingers just like real gloves. Thought it was a nice touch and I don't recall seeing it on any of the previous figures.

If anyone has specific questions on either figure, let me know and I'll do my best to answer them.

Gloves

Just wanted to note that the gloves have a seam around the thumb and along the sides of all the fingers just like real gloves. Thought it was a nice touch and I don't recall seeing it on any of the previous figures.

If anyone has specific questions on either figure, let me know and I'll do my best to answer them.

That's a Riders series design thing.

Also loose leg joints? I hope you just got some bad figures, else that's a sign of the QA dropping. I'll have mine probably Friday, so I'll know then.

This is kinda random, but do any of you read Nintendo power? Because they love the Sonic figures! They've been spotlighting video game related collectibles, and so far they've shown the all stars racers (Mini and 3" size) and the 3" line. But in the Jan 2011 issue, the whole toy page is dedicated to Sonic toys! They're showing off the First 4 Figures set with the 6 classic characters, the Espio/Vector comic pack, and the Super pack. Strange how a Nintendo magazine loves Sonic stuff, but then again, Mario doesn't get as awesome toys

Hi. Im new here. Finally decided to join the forums. Can't wait for the Free Riders figures to show up. I found All Star Racing Tails at my local Toys R Us. The Plane is great. Tails is a lighter color and his tails were remolded along with the hands. the quality was terrible though as the right leg and left arm broke within 10 minutes of posing it and the other arm post already looks like it's gonna break. it can be fixed if you have a spare figure with stronger posts. I'm debating whether i should go ahead and fix it or just return it. what do you guys think?