New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

I think most of that info from Sonic wiki needs to be takin with a grain of salt.

Considering that Mighty has not been in a game in almost 10 years throws away the likeliness that he would get a figure. Shade seems highly unlikely as well since Sonic Chronicles flopped. As for the characters pending approval the only ones that would get approved would be Cream/Cheese, Wave ,and storm.

Hey guys just had a look on sonicwiki

Stopped right there. That's a terrible Wiki which isn't devoted to accuracy in the slightest.

Also, the small boxes are the ones from KMart. They have a deal where if you buy a Sonic game, you get a free Sonic toy. Or you can just buy the toys for $5.99

Id like a SHADE figure, as I loved Sonic Chronicles alot :) such a shame the game didnt take off as big as it should, it does have a cult following though many U.K magazines rated it very highly(except IGN but they always had a grudge against Sonic i mean they gave Sonic 4 EP.1 like 8.5 outta 10 and put it at number 10 in their top 10 dissapointments in the year :S ).

Mighty has had his concept designs sent for desingers or something Joe said, and like i said that list was to be taken with a pinch of salt as Mr AQUASLASH pointed out its from wiki.

Still dont understand SEGA's dismissal of METAL 3.0 thats a damn shame, you guys ever wonder if Joe secretly gets one or got one made for him to keep :P , u never know.

Still a little concerned as why JET, SONIC (RIDERS) havent seen a release yet as the game has been out for a good 3 weeks right? Would've been better for a ROUGES 3 pack but Storm may be like Vector's or Big's scale size.

Remember the ASR figures took a while to come out after the game was out. Might be the same case here.

Also I actually did a 3.0 repaint a while back. Not the best paint on the stripes, since the masking tape didn't cooperate (should have used the blue stuff) but still.

I didn't mean for it to come off like that then lol...I remember you and I talking about DBZ figures a few months ago, and yooou were the one saying most of them were bad (you did defend this line though, even at the time) then we got into how imports are often better, etc. and how I couldn't afford them.

Hopefully though, I can get enough money for Christmas, I really wanna get the Masterpiece Megatron figure. It's upwards of 100 bucks, but it's just so cool. While there are a bunch that have been imported, all of those are so much more expensive then importing it yourself, even including the best shipping available.... Darn scalpers...

So, I picked up the Espio/Vector two pack, and, I have to say... for figures that are supposed to have terrible quality, mine are @##@@ fantastic. Honestly, the Espio has some of the best quality I've seen in my entire 3 inch collection (note that I have every figure in the line aside form Amy).

So, I picked up the Espio/Vector two pack, and, I have to say... for figures that are supposed to have terrible quality, mine are @##@@ fantastic. Honestly, the Espio has some of the best quality I've seen in my entire 3 inch collection (note that I have every figure in the line aside form Amy).

Well coming from LaLam, who is a rather strict reviewer (not a bad thing), this might actually mean that newer packs have improved quality. But may I ask what was better about Espio compared to earlier versions?

I can't compare the hight of the figure to others, so I can't really judge it, but about Bioware, did anyone really think that a SONIC Bioware game would sell better than anything else they made? Especially with the time the game was released. Sonic was still not doing to well gamewise. It was only really a few months ago that the games started getting really good again... Hopefully they will stay at this level, or even improve!

Being a Sonic fan is just so confusing these days! lol

The Espio had all around relatively tight joints, a long with no bent joints. However, do note that I chose this figure from a batch, of about 15, that had been pegwarming at my TRU. Lastly, his paint job is a bit... off. The upper tip of the mouth piece, touching the eyes, is pink, and his eyes are partially faded. These aren't that big of issues, though; I'd take joint quality over paint apps any day. I also should've mentioned that Vector's knees are very, very loose. But that's a very much simple fix for me. If anything, look for the sets without the mouth piece painted all of the way (that is, if you want better joint quality).

I'm usually fixing up the joints by hairdrying them and replacing the peg completely, making sure it fits in properly and anything similar. But, I assume you can glue the edges, being that the swivel SHOULD be the center of the peg moving along with the single piece connected to it. I have yet to try this, but I'm probably going to soon.

Oddly enough, however, that isn't the case for Vector. If anything, I'll be gluing the inside to tighten up the peg.

On a side note, I've been working on my custom of Link:

link20.jpg

The head's half finished, but from that angle it looks pretty much done.

I can't compare the hight of the figure to others, so I can't really judge it, but about Bioware, did anyone really think that a SONIC Bioware game would sell better than anything else they made? Especially with the time the game was released. Sonic was still not doing to well gamewise. It was only really a few months ago that the games started getting really good again... Hopefully they will stay at this level, or even improve!

Being a Sonic fan is just so confusing these days! lol

I don't think anyone was expecting Mass Effect numbers but the sales were disappointing to say the least. Despite having an overall negative reception even the bad Sonic games still sold well. They were like the Michael Bay of video games lol.