New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

Well, if we're referring to customs, I've been doing some simple work:

http://lalam24.deviantart.com/gallery/

Nothing sonic related, though. Just Boba Fett. This is what the Clone Wars version used to look like (basic mandalorian warrior):

http://www.figures.c...ian-warrior.jpg

And this is what I ultimately made it into:

bobac1.jpg

bobac6.jpg

Then, the second boba's just a revise of the Legacy Collection's version, for extra articulation. This is what it used to look like:

http://www.jedi-busi...ils.aspx?ID=531

And this is what it currently looks like:

boba1.jpg

I swapped the hip section out for the new Luke's, giving him ball hinged hips, a long with a full, revamped paint job.

I know they're both a tad messy, but I didn't work too long on either of them. Regardless, at least it isn't black paint randomly slapped onto the snout and hands.

On topic: Being that I have a 20% coupon for TRU items, I went out to see what I could get. The only real sonic item I was interested in was the 10 inch figure, but, out of the three they had, each was TERRIBLY packed. One had the quils all bent due to the position of the head, and the other two had the waist stretched open completely. What the hell, Jazwares? What's up with this horrible quality control?

Yay for Boba! If I had the proper materials, I'd tackle projects like that.

I think the quality control may be fixed with the next wave of figures. Joe told us it would be fixed, but I knew he couldn't have meant right away. What would they do, unpackage ALL of the figures waiting to ship?

I really hope they fixed the quality control on the figures that are already released instead of just fixing the quality on new figures that have just came out or are yet to be released. From what was said by Joe, the quality on the new 3 inch Sonic free riders figures have the new quality control and Big The Cat's quality is quite nice and sturdy. I'd love for the super pack and the chaotix to have that new quality control too.

I went to a seperate TRU to see if they had a better 12" sonic this morning. I found the same thing, either paint issues, pieces being pried open by the packaging, or overall bad joint assembly. This has gone WAY too far; we requested that they fix the issues months ago, and the response has, in no format, been displayed within the products they're releasing.

• Like 1

Accidental re-post as usual.... May as well not waste it. kf71189,you said the Big Pack was of good quality, did any of the issues involving packaging or the figures themselves that we've already seen appear in any of them? Hopefully they got the improved QC in place starting with that pack, and ALL are in great condition (including future figures.)

I picked big up a day or so ago. There was two to choose from. One had a sloppy painted eye, kinda looked like he had cataracts. That was the only problem I saw between the two as far as QC goes. The only problem I have with the figure is the fact that the joint pegs in his elbows are molded in the light purple, but are located within the dark purple stripe.

I also gave my Eggman a pair of Tails hands and made his head rotatable:

Photo0181.jpg

Photo0182.jpg

Photo0184.jpg

Photo0185.jpg

Dood, Im not sure how you did the head or anything, but you know? The hands really fit eggman. I like his fists sure, but those tails hands really do suit him more.

And thanks ninian heh, thats the word I meant to say.

And LaLam those boba fetts are great. I got the vintage series boba fett too, I really like him, but aside from his helmet being too flimsy (like, my attack of the clones jango's helmet was very sturdy, even the antennae, the fact that the thing is still in one piece says alot heh.) and the leg articulation. So I really do like that.

hmmmmmm maybe we should INCEPTION jazwaers top people, all we need is the ticket from LAST ACTION HERO, watch INCEPTION grab the machine travel to joe's place pretending were ummmmm whats original......... pizza delivery ........ yes that'll do (6 people for pizza? maybe?) go in his dreams/minds then plant an idea in his brain then vola :D

Accidental re-post as usual.... May as well not waste it. kf71189,you said the Big Pack was of good quality, did any of the issues involving packaging or the figures themselves that we've already seen appear in any of them? Hopefully they got the improved QC in place starting with that pack, and ALL are in great condition (including future figures.)

When I went to my local TRU for Black Friday, there were 4 Big and Froggy packs. None of which had bad packaging and bad assembly with the joints. Yeah the paint work is...well typical jazwares Sonic paint work which we all know may not be exactly perfect but none had overly sloppy paint work either.

Ok, the figure sounds good.

I'll be the pizza as well.

As for the head, I was inspired by someone else on here, I don't remember who. Anyway, I just pryed a little bit in front with a nail (it left a mark, but it's not very visible), then in the back carefully, then tried twisting the head back and forth. I kept repeating until the head was off. His head is attatched to a strange shaped peg. I bit parts off lol because I lack proper tools, but using my teeth has always been easier for me. after that I put the head back in. It's not exactly secure, it comes out quite easily, but it's good for posing.

I think the Tails hands look much better, but I hate the angle of the waving hand. I had it on my Sonic first, but I didn't like it on him either. I don't know what to do about that. To remove Eggman's hands, I just pulled them out. they just popped right out. The Tails hands fit right into his cuffs. Again, not very secure at all, but great for posing!

@Omnichronus: For the super sonic custom paint, is the paint used on these figures' hair the sort of stuff you're talking about? That sparkly stuff?

post-36434-12916142588358_thumb.jpg

post-36434-12916142984291_thumb.jpg

post-36434-12916143371718_thumb.jpg

Well it's kind of hard to see the sparkles in those pictures (at least on my phone.) I have that Goku in it's box, and the sparkly paint is much easier to see in person. I think Omnichronus meant a more sparkly metalic paint, like the kind used with the Metal Sonic figures.

Personally, I'd enjoy seeing a custom Sonic Adventure 2 Super Sonic made with regular metalic paint. All I need are some Shadow heads... Any donations?

Even a Sonic Heroes repaint of the current figure would be good.