New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

Welp, I'm going to try to customize my Shadow. I'm going to make him chubbier using a Sonic body (total opposite of kf71189's work lol)

After that I'm going to shave down his lower quills a bit. (this will make him more game accurate, and differentiate him from Super Shadow)

I want him to have more of a Sonic Adventure 2 look, kinda like Sonic has (the exception being Sonic's shoes of course)

After this, if I can stock pile a few figures, I'll try to make the older style Super Sonic and Super Shadow, (Sonic with and without Soap shoes)

Older style Super SA2 Super Sonic with Shadows quills would be BEAST!

I'll take figure donations to do this XD

I'm confident in my ability, I just have no money, and am too lazy to find a job (I'll wait 'till I'm 18 XD )

So without money, I can't buy any of the figures.

Since I've busted up my Shadow quite a bit now, I'm starting to figure why not get my mom to buy me some paint and sealer to make Super Sonic. (I have a comparison picture of one of Shadow's quills before and after shaving, I can't get it online currently though)

The one shaved spike (I'll do the other one later or tomorrow), already looks a lot more game accurate than it did before, and looks a lot more like older Shadow/Adventure/Adventure 2 Super Sonic.

I'm confident in my ability, I just have no money, and am too lazy to find a job (I'll wait 'till I'm 18 XD )

Since I've busted up my Shadow quite a bit now, I'm starting to figure why not get my mom to buy me some paint and sealer to make Super Sonic. (I have a comparison picture of one of Shadow's quills before and after shaving, I can't get it online currently though)

The one shaved spike (I'll do the other one later or tomorrow), already looks a lot more game accurate than it did before, and looks a lot more like older Shadow/Adventure/Adventure 2 Super Sonic.

Read the sig photo

happiness is EXPENSIVE!

lol but I can't wait to see the finished product eventually :P

Read the sig photo

happiness is EXPENSIVE!

lol but I can't wait to see the finished product eventually :P

Yuppers, I noticed the sig right after I posted. I was thinking "The irony!"

And thank you, while I have like no formal experience, I'm confident in my ability because I know Sonic so well, so even the tiniest inaccuracies(like Shadow's bottom quills being too long and protruding too far out) never pass my devoted eyes! Lol

Yes please, with sugar on top haha

I love taking pictures! What would you like to see? Group shots, detail shots, comparison shots, or all 3?

I actually opened the Super Pack today myself and I was going to give my opinion, but I'm going to quote this instead because it's EXACTLY my thoughts. It's like you read my mind, AgentH. :P

Thats because i have esp :D

AgentH, pictures of everything please! Your figures! Your house! EVERYTHING!!! XD

Ok. I interpret that as;

A group shot of all the 3" guys

Pictures of all the detail on the Supers and their Emeralds

Comparisons of the Supers and their regular forms

A super special awesome battle scene

A picture of my Sonic shelf

And does that all sound good? Any other requests?

EDIT: I'll get taking pics tomorrow. Expect awesomeness

So, I bought two Super sets, planning on keeping one closed. I opened one, and since I've taken them apart so many times, I realised that it had 2 right legs. I looked at the other set, and it had two left legs. So, I simply swapped them out, and spent hours figuring out which pieces would be the best in terms of quality control and tightness. Every single set, however, had two left arms. It's like this with several of the comic packs, aswell. Regardless, due to the large amount of work I put into fixing him, I'm currently content with the figure. Of course I wish they rerelease it without the figure almost being disassembled in the package, but, at this point, I can wait.

Good aspects:

-Since they painted Sonic's mouth piece, it now fits better (color wise) with sonic's chest area.

-Sonic's boots have a very nice shiney red tone to them, unlike the original figures, but, since the pegs are different on the feet now, it doesn't work well with the original sonic.

-Although loose and hard to deal with, the plastic is damn durable.

-All three figures have completely different color tones, showing that jazwares actually looked into the proper color for each one.

-Shadow's mouth is no longer painted white.

Regardless of ALL of the good aspects, it angers me to see that these figures, world wide, had the terrible quality control. Pick it the #$## up, Jazwares.

I completely agree. Specifically when I'm buying sets that have had reports of bad quality control, or western toys in general. I don't mind ordering lines like Robot Damashi/S.H.Figuarts/Figma/Revoltech/eastern toys in general, because their quality control is usually good, and it's almost never dependent on the figure's appearance.

This just in: Jazwares is making a 3-inch Tails and Plane to go with the Sonic, Shadow, and Knuckles racers.

Quoted from a comment on their Facebook page:

5" Plane for 3" Tails is COMING SOON! We are still in development though, no date set as to when it will be on shelves, but I will continue to follow up!!

Well, I took a chance and ordered online. I think I've only been burned once regarding that kind of thing.

I wanted ugly Toy Island Sonic (only 4 collecting purposes) They sent me the Super Poser with a Broken Leg and No ARM! I AM NOT KIDDING.The leg snapped off in packaging or something and the thing didn't have an arm.

What I posted on the Jazwares Facebook page, since they seem to read most things popping in on it:

"Since no one seems to be mentioning this directly, the current quality control of the Sonic figures is absolutely horrible. I bought the Super Sonic pack, and almost all of the joints were partially disassembled within the package. This was in every single set I had seen, as well. Not only that basic issue, but ever...y single figure there had 2 left arms on Sonic, a long with swapped out leg pieces (Yes, I am astute enough to realise that the leg sculpt is different on each side). Along with that, from the 2 sets I bought, 1 contained 2 left legs for sonic, and the other had 2 right. I obviously switched them out, but it's still very annoying that I had to deal with this outrageous issue. I'm not the only one, either. Almost everyone who's boughten the set on the TNI forum has stated most of these issues.

Pick it up, Jazwares, you're not going to get better feedback from gradually becoming worse."

• Like 2

I saw that as well, and hopefully Jazwares may see it. Maybe this could be the comment that makes them consider, "Hey, our fans are beginning to get a bit disgruntled. Maybe we should step it up and produce only the best figures possible."

I would love nothing more than to see posts saying things like "I just bought the _____ at Toys R Us today and wow, the QC has really gone up on these things."

EDIT: Oh and happy 4,000 posts Superchaos! Quite the number you've got there. :D

Sorry About this Double Post. here are Espio and vector. I will take more pictures if you want.

Vector is Spot on. No flaws at all.

Espio on the other hand well he looks great but can be put in the box kinda weird His knee joint is super loose. to the point of almost coming off. But I pooped it back in. He had trouble standing. His feet are fine. He suffers from the loose knee peg problem. I will try to fix him up. <_< though I really hate that I need to.

Another Bonus Picture :P

http://twitpic.com/2o7fx6

post-36046-1284420250881_thumb.jpg

post-36046-12844202638761_thumb.jpg

post-36046-12844202735005_thumb.jpg

Well, I'll pick up the pack if I see it. The issue is that, I've been buying so many american toys that I've lost track of the eastern releases. Specifically Robot Damashii GM Sniper 2 and Strike Freedom. And, coming out later this month, the Kotobukiya Megaman kit, a long with the S.H.Figuarts Faiz. I hate the limitations of my god damn budget.

This just in: Jazwares is making a 3-inch Tails and Plane to go with the Sonic, Shadow, and Knuckles racers.

Quoted from a comment on their Facebook page:

5" Plane for 3" Tails is COMING SOON! We are still in development though, no date set as to when it will be on shelves, but I will continue to follow up!!

AWESOME. I wanted more 3" Sega Racers, so I'm happy. =] Tails is good choice, I love his plane...