New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

Well, don't be disappointed, but I don't know any of these characters except Flicky...

Although Flicky and other small animals being included could be nice, but remember, it was told that they are looking into Sonic the Hedgehog 4, so chances are fairly good for small animal creatures. =]

Awww dont worry little comet i wont be dissapointed, those were either scrapped characters and ones who only appeared in 1 game (tails sky patrol) so dont sewat it, hehe just be nice to have them for the real collectors hehe, or (just throwing it out) FLEETWAY characters, how I long for a SHORTFUSE THE CYBERNIK 3 inch figure

Personally. Ive been a sonic fan from the beginning. I watched the shows, got the comics, still do, and of course. Played the games. I dont see a archie toy series coming personally. The most I would personally advise, is a figure "pack" of select archie exclusive characters. It..would be neat. Theyd be able to sort of design their OWN molds for the figures. Base them off of certain artwork instead of Sega's "design specs" I suppose. As cool as it would be to see. I Just dont see it happening. I see the chance of a classic character line from the games more likely. 

Amaro, my personal suggestion is to make a "classic series" as it has been discussed here before. Sonic, tails, Knuckles, eggman, amy, and id personally request a classic metal sonic, and fang. It will be interesting if either some kind of CLASSIC line, or if you able to negotiate a deal with archie and sega and such. 

I kinda started throwing ideas around again because...really, we have MOST of the most modern and most often used characters already confirmed to be being put into production. And we've seen glimpses of the results! So what next? Rouge, and Omega I say. Even though I hate rouge myself.

This probably isn't much, but I was looking on Jazwares's Facebook page and found some little tidbits:

• Charmy will be to scale in the 3-inch line, he'll be around 2.5 inches.
  • Jazwares has "requested" Rouge and Omega, so those may be in the pipeline in the future.
  • Shade may also be requested for the next wave.
  • Jazwares isn't sure about whether Jet will come with his hoverboard yet, but it seems clear that they're at least considering it.
  • There may be new pics for 4th of July.

This probably isn't much, but I was looking on Jazwares's Facebook page and found some little tidbits:

• Jazwares has "requested" Rouge and Omega, so those may be in the pipeline in the future.
  • Jazwares isn't sure about whether Jet will come with his hoverboard yet, but it seems clear that they're at least considering it.

@Raithos: ohhh no. GE entertainment makes alooot of classic sonic stuff. Plush's, wallets, pins, http://www.geanimation.com/InfoOnly/characters_list.aspx?CharacterID=205

and another company made a chess set and is making little squeezee toys!

YESSS Omega and charmy! CANT WAIT.

SuperSawnyc:

Nice find, SuperSawnyc!! I also left a comment on there, asking a few questions and told Jazwares about Metal Knuckles, Tails Doll, Bean the Dynamite, E-102, Chaos 0, and Tikal, and yeah... :D

@Raithos: ohhh no. GE entertainment makes alooot of classic sonic stuff. Plush's, wallets, pins, http://www.geanimati...CharacterID=205

and another company made a chess set and is making little squeezee toys!

YESSS Omega and charmy! CANT WAIT.

They have some nice plushies, thanks for the link Omni

Posting my weekly, uh, post.

In response to the Sniverly thing, while I myself TOTALLY am all for putting the survivor characters first and foremost, you have to keep in mind that the list isn't about personal preference but rather about which characters would sell better. And while I ALSO totally agree with you all that Turbo Tails is an absolute MINISCULE design change to Tails, two things. One, you should know by now just how AMAZINGLY WELL Super Forms sell in general, and how RABID hardcore Tails/Knuckles fans are when it comes to this sort of thing. Considering that "Supers" tend to sell well no matter what their state (everyone is getting PUMPED over Super Shadow when he is, in reality, a recolor. Not complaining, just stating fact), and that Tails fans in particular are, as you've put it, been getting the short end of the stick regarding a "Super Tails" in modern continuity, any take on a "Super" Tails has much more guarentee in terms of return then someone like Snively, or even Antoinne and Rotor. While those characters do indeed rock out hardcore, you gotta keep in mind that the reason we think so is because we GREW UP with those chracters. To the newer fans, Rotor, Antoinne and Snively don't really have the same draw as more "Action-Oriented" characters like Sonic, Tails, Knuckles etc. Human characters in particular don't do so well in terms of sales (even the Toy Island Eggman had trouble in that department =\). And keep in mind, a "Super" Tails form, if done justice, would have some appeal to even the game-only section of the fanbase. As for the fact that Turbo Tails is essentially Tails with just a cape, eeeeh, that's partially true. Keep in mind Turbo Tails has LITERALLY changed designs EVERY TIME HE APPEARS in the comics. However, if you go by the original design for Turbo Tails, the change is a fairly drastic one (Red fur, longer hairs that stand up slightly, a long blue hooded cape, it's enough to justify evading the "recolor" label). The interesting thing is, originally that cape everyone associates Turbo Tails with originally had NOTHING to do with his actual transformation, it was just something he happened to be wearing at the time (seriously, go check out Sonic #56). He's actually just a red fox when you think about it.

As for the Enerjak being a "temp character", that's just silly. He is, undoubtebly, one of the best Archie-designs out there and the villian who has had more effect on the history of the Archieverse then almost any other villian save for Robotnik/Eggman himself. Plus he's a "Super" form, PLUS we're all in agreement the upcoming "Supers" need someone to battle.

I'm going to go ahead and say you NEVER want to have a Tails Doll action figure, lest you unleash his curse upon the ignorant masses. I have images of opening up that package only to hear a distorted "Can You Feel the Sunshine" before the figure comes to life and attacks me. 0_0

I wish "Tails Doll curse rumor" never spread all over the internet.

Well, the whole curse of Tails Doll thing is NOT real. Plus, he was my number 1 favorite character in Sonic R game, because I thought he was so cute, the fact he can go on top of water forever and can stay in air above ground... =]

Seriously, Tails Doll don't even look creepy, either. And "Can You Feel The Sunshine" is just a song that came with Tails Doll, big deal. Although I'm not sure, since I'm deaf... but really, normally, he's just a doll that is alive on his own, and raced with everyone in Sonic R... Why, he can't even attack in his condition, either. And in one of Archie comics, he made appearance in crowd, he was standing, staring, and didn't do anything. :P I'm sorry, but soon as I see Tails Doll figure being displayed in store, I will buy it ASAP.

Another thing, I guess you are right, it is no doubt that Super forms of any character will sell very well... Soon as Blaze 3" figure came out, I bet we can expect to see Burning Blaze 3" soon after that. =)

Well, the whole curse of Tails Doll thing is NOT real. Plus, he was my number 1 favorite character in Sonic R game, because I thought he was so cute, the fact he can go on top of water forever and can stay in air above ground... =]

You want to know what's sort of odd? You don't even unlock him on the stage that that song played on, so I have no idea why people put that song and him together.

Anyway, I got my hands on the 3in Shadow figure, finally. They only had one that wasn't in bad condition, one had a terrible paint job, one's box was half open, and the one I got was in the back of the rack behind the dozens of Sonics, Werehogs, and Knuckles. So I'm assuming either someone hid him for later, or they organize their figures verryyy strangely. And I got a replacement Silver since mine didn't have the little octagons on his feet painted. Now I just need Metal Sonic and I will be all caught up.

...My wallet is aching. What with the 3DS, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Mario Sports Mix, Kinect, a good chunk of the 3DS Games(Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, Paper Mario, Kid Icarus), a load of new Sonic figures, and Pokemon B/W all coming out soon. I'd best be looking for a summer job. It's a good year for gamers though : D

• Like 1

I'd have to say my wallet and I aren't on good terms right now either, I need to start saving for school, and I just shelled out a fortune for my DBZ collection, I'm all caught up with Sonic too so I eagerly await my chance to order 3 of the super packs. I know for a fact that these wont hit Canada literally for like a year after the release (Becuase I'm serious when I say none of the 6 Toys r us' in my region have even seen Shadow/Silver/Werehog yet. (Oddly enough ASR stuff has appeared there though...) so I'm prepared to lay out 100$ to get my supers. 1 pack for display, 1 pack for MIB, and 1 pack for my little brother, not to mention my first 4 figures Super Sonic statue coming up early 2011 (which is a nice crisp 210$ -.-), and the Chaotix, Blaze, Eggman/Metal pack, Big+Froggy/Eggman?(is he still coming out with Big?) along the way. Good Lord my wallet will NOT like me :/

• Like 1

SuperEV133: You want to know what's sort of odd? You don't even unlock him on the stage that that song played on, so I have no idea why people put that song and him together.

Okay, that is weird, SuperEV133. o_o

And yeah, you two aren't only ones that end up spending a quite big number of money, but I, will do the same. :) There are some great games I look forward to, especially games that come up for Wii and 3DS in the future, along with new figures that aren't released yet.

Geez, Eggman and Big the Cat were confirmed long time ago, where are they now?

Geez, Eggman and Big the Cat were confirmed long time ago, where are they now?

I agree, I would love to have them right about now.

Hopefully Jazwares will also be able to post "more pics and a holiday treat" on Facebook today like they said. That would definitely make my 4th of July. :D

Keep in mind Turbo Tails has LITERALLY changed designs EVERY TIME HE APPEARS in the comics.

As far as I know, the most recent one, is the official, finalized one. He is indeed, merely Tails with a red cape. The biggest change for him is actually in his personality. He becomes a boatload more mature and "wiser" if you will.

Oh, and Tails Doll is god tier, and you know it :V

• Like 1

Hey guys even though this is proberbly not gonna help, on facebook I left a comment that quoted the following

'Please please please please make a MIGHTY THE ARMADILLO 3 inch figure Jazwares, I so want some merchandise of the character and the other obscure ones to, (even the canned sonic band from 1991) be great guys! :)'

8 hours ago I got a reply

'Jazwares hey, i put your request in with the development team! 8 hours ago · LikeUnlike · Flag

Now I know this DOESNT MEAN HE WONT GET MADE, but at least THEY DO LISTEN and thanks to the people who took the time and listened to us fans, I also think if alot of us do comment on the fb&twitter pages sayin to get 'said character' made then eventually they'll have to bow down and persue the rights I mean if they wanna make '100's of 3 inch figures then the 1991-1998 character roster is a deffinite shoe in, along with the comic ones, Come on if Joe's answer was 'not now, but you never know' deffo means they've thought about it, and now with the Toys R Us Archie deal having the comic sold in the stores screams out EXCLUSIVES to me.

On a wish list dream come true which will never happen I would love some of the fleetway characters to get made, lol (never happen) but can imagine a SHORTFUSE THE CYBERNIK 3 inch figure, or TURBO, JOHHNY LIGHTFOOT, PORKER LEWIS, TEKNO THE CANARY, GRIMER, DR ZACHERY, OMNI VIEWER, CAPTIAN PLUNDER, FINCH, SIMPSON THE CAT, COMANNDER BRUTUS, METAMORPHIA, THE DRAKON EMPIRE, oh god nostalgia level is really high, now i got tear in my eye (sigh) looks like Ill just have to re-read my entire S.T.C collection again fun times indeed :)

That seem very promising, leeseymour1984... And yes, you are right, they always listen, which is very amazing customer service they has done, I'm very impressed... MANY MANY MANY other companies will never listen to their fans. =)

Anyway, I'll suggest Bean the Dynamite. Yes, I never give up. We are getting closer and closer, I somehow can tell... I figured, if Sega gave a OK to Jazwares for making many certain Sonic characters, and maybe Sega will do it again with other certain classic characters if that kept up!

Holy catnip. I better suggest other characters like Bark and Mighty as well. AND TAILS DOLL/METAL KNUCKLES! I must tell Jazwares to go and try to get copyright thing from Sega. =]!

Hey guys!

So far we have announced most of the the new items we have coming up.

Check the lastest SEGA blog that has some good info.

Most of the stuff should be hitting stores around August/September, I think.

We are working on some new Sonic stuff right now , but we just started.

I am trying to get more news out through some of the news sites, like TNI and such.

Side note, be sure to check the next issue of ToyFare, we have a good article in there.

It's about the Robot Chicken toys.

• Like 1