New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

Hey guys!

Sorry I have been away, I have been crazy busy on the A-Team!

Just to update Werehog has been fixed.

The one showing up now for sure.

Metal Sonic was pulled from the Comic Book pack for all future orders.

The later shipped Metal Sonics are all good, there were some issues with the first ones.

I ordered a bunch of loose ones from our factory as soon as we get them

we will replace the defective figures, I am so sorry!!!

Just contact our customer service people.

Tell them Joe sent you if you don't get a response wink.gif

Metal Sonic is being replaced by Amy so you know.

I'm going to try release product updates on a more regular bases.

No SDCC exclusive for Sonic, sorry. I really pushed for one.

Oh well, maybe we can all meet up at SDCC and talk Sonic?

Later,

Joe

So Joe, when is Metal Sonic being replaced with Amy? Also, when is MS coming out on his own?

THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT: What stores OTHER THAN TOYS R US are the figures now being sold at?

And the Comic Con thing: that's too bad, but it's not that big of a deal. I think the reason the MS Juvi didn't sell as well was because he was only available through Toys R Us' online store, which has horrible service (I personally think you guys should make your figures available on your website, factory direct). And the other day I was thinking about if there would be a CC exclusive figure. It would have been cool to have a JUVI Super Sonic figure. Speaking of Super Sonic, when is the 3in one coming out?

Thanks for the update, man! Good to know that Metal Sonic is on the mend. He actually was a good figure, just rubbery as all heck and gona be broken almost immediately in a kid's hands. I'll be sure to pick up the single packed one as well; the one I have works after the all the joint loosening, but I wouldn't mind a second one.

BLAZE THE CAT AND ACCESSORIES FOR THE OTHER FIGURES? PRETTY PLEASE WITH SUGAR ON TOP? :wub:

Haha, couldn't resist. Anyways, thanks for the heads up, Joe! I'm actually looking forward to the A-Team line. The movie looks pretty good too (no Mr. T, though? What's up with that?!). I'll also be picking up an improved Metal Sonic once that comes out. Even though the one I have can move all the joints, it still feels too fragile, and I hate that I have to be extra careful with it. Also, I absolutely can't wait for Amy! She's probably my most anticipated figure. I'm sure Jazwares won't disappoint! :)

Hmm I'm actually kind of glad I ordered metal in the comic 2 pack before the fix, sort of makes it original :D

cant wait for the amy 2 pack too

And also when is the 3 inch super sonic hitting the shelves? I'd like to know so I can save up some money for that time frame, becuase if it's going to be as good as I think it is, I'm going to be buying five of them.

Well I've been checking back often, but lately I haven't been finding anything at my local Wal-Mart. Have you guys had any luck with that store at all?

Also, THANK YOU to the fixing the Metal Sonic, he really is a good figure. And yes, I would also love to know when the 3-inch Super Sonic is coming out.

There is no difference with the new and old Metal Sonic figures, just the density of the plastic.

Please contact our customer service people if you got a defective Metal Sonic.

Make sure you show a picture and a receipt if possible, we don't want scalpers taking advantage.

Make sure you ask your questions on the SEGA blog, that way we can make sure you get an answer!

Thanks,

Joe

Sega blog, eh? Duly noted, I'll check that out. Now, where can we ask you about the possible progress of the Mega Man license? I don't wana take up space in this thread.

I should mention, I've contacted the Customer Service about the Metal Sonic. They say they've shipped one to me already. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

EDIT: Wow, that was fast, I got it already! Then again, they're only in Florida while I'm in VA.

The new one is a lot more stable. Still almost broke the hands though. It took a lot less effort to get everything moving this time around though. It looks like it has better material, and it's a bit more shiny than the old one.

I'm actually pretty pleased with it overall. Thanks Jazwares! I do love your customer support.

cultureshock.png

Anyone else notice the ladder to nowhere on the right there?

-_- that ladder is entirely unimportant to the point XD

hahaha, Im one of those fans that KNEW his name was eggman YEARS ago. I dont see why other fans get so riled up over it. ANYwho

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?sr=1&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&kw=sonic&origkw=Sonic&kwCatId=&pg=1

Toys R us.com FINALLY has new sonic merchandise online! 3inch sonic, Tails, and werehog! I DO want to buy the were hog...but Im a little skeptical. Does anyone know id theyve been fixed yet?

I find it odd that some people would be so upset that he is referred to as Eggman more often these days. But then again some people are upset that the so called "modern" Sonic is in Sonic 4. He has looked like that since 1998. That is retro by VH1 standards. @smilepunch@

Adding on to what Omnichorus said, they have the single-carded 3-inch Knuckles as well, although it's out of stock at the moment:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3538524

I definitely think it's about time that Toys R Us got these figures in stock; it's now more convenient than only finding the comic packs on their site. It also means we won't have to pay outrageous prices for the singular 3-inchers anymore.

Adding on to what Omnichorus said, they have the single-carded 3-inch Knuckles as well, although it's out of stock at the moment:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3538524

I definitely think it's about time that Toys R Us got these figures in stock; it's now more convenient than only finding the comic packs on their site. It also means we won't have to pay outrageous prices for the singular 3-inchers anymore.

Oh wow, I didnt even notice knuckles...they might have JUST added him...maybe they'll be adding more? Id buy more things off of there if the shipping was cheaper (Over 4 bucks. Thats almost paying double..) than it is. But eh its SO much better than paying 20 30 bucks for one of them. And I SO hope to see more figures appear on there.

What, do folks get up in arms about his dual names? I just call 'em Robotnik 'cause that's what I grew up with, but I understand his original name was Eggman. Either way, everyone knows what the other is talking about no matter which name they use. Ah, fandom.

What, do folks get up in arms about his dual names? I just call 'em Robotnik 'cause that's what I grew up with, but I understand his original name was Eggman. Either way, everyone knows what the other is talking about no matter which name they use. Ah, fandom.

It...doesnt really amount to making much of a difference does it? Hahaha. Ohh god I know...fandom. Its a complicated sort. Pretty much the same for any group of fans for a series.

Yeah, one of the worst part of fandom is the Old Fans vs New Fans. This is the perfect example: Robotnik has just got to be better because it's from our childhood, right? OH, but the Eggman was actually the original, so it's older! OoOoOoOoOo! Not only that but the New Fans have Eggman as well, so they have double the argument power! It's the Japanese name AND it's the name New Fans grew up with. And OH MAN, don't you dare mess with a nutty fan and The Original Japanese Name of something. The Original Japanese Name is a crazy fan's ultimate defense that cannot be defeated. Even if the OJN involves the R and L interchangeability, like Alucard and Arucard. People seriously consider Arucard as the OJN, and act as if that's different from Alucard....oy, you don't want to get into it. Like I said: Ah, fandom. They's is CRAZY.

I always saw Eggman as just a nickname for Robotnik. Sonic upset Robotnik when he called him Eggman in Sonic Adventure. It was kinda like in satam when he was called Robuttnik. Although these days the name Robotnik is hardly ever uttered.

In my early Sonic days, I used to think that Robotnik and Eggman were entirely different, mainly due to Robotnik having a more elongated oval top head with black eyes and red pupils, and the modern Eggman having glasses, with goggles and a more round head. When we were introduced to ''Gerald Robotnik'' in Sonic Adventure 2 I made the mistake of thinking that this version of Robotnik was an aged Robotnik from the Saturday morning version. -.- oh what a foolish fan I am, however I am definitely looking forward to the Egghead getting his own figure, I'll be getting two of course since I can't call myself a hardcore toy lover of All things sonic if I don't buy at least two of each. However when the CORRECT Super Sonic comes out hoo boy, I think I might buy 5! :D

Well I got my metal sonic today but his hand snaps off with the bulged joint inside of it, his other elbow won't turn and his legs are warped. I just sent an e-mail to customer support, Hope my new metal sonic comes here in a few days.

Just got my 3 inch metal today and I was happy yet sad, happy becuase the detail on the figure is excellent, there's a few paint splotches on the muzzle and eyes but I can look past that. The real problem is the joints. They are way too stiff, I had to nearly break the leg joints just to move them and the arm joins still won't move (this is even after dunking the figure in a hot water bath for nearly 5 minutes), I'm not going to push it since I really want it to stay in one piece, but suggestions for improvement include a denser plastic and better maneuverability, I think the maneuverability factor should be key for all of these figures. The detail however is impeccable and the Sonic that came with Metal is excellent the stands are wonderful as well.. I'll be keeping the other set I got MIB