New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

Wow. So I know that sometimes it can be a little weird to dream about things like this, but just the other night I had actually dreamt that Jazwares had announced a 3-inch Chaos 0. It was on the back of a box for the newer figures (similar to the ones now) that showed all of the figures, even Big and Metal Sonic. Chaos 0 was right there on the bottom left.

Y'know, before the dream I was pretty indifferent on whether a 3-inch Chaos 0 got released. But now...I kinda want it actually. :D

Mattel may have problems getting toys to people who want them, but they don't have to go through a couple rereleases to fix thier toys. I just found Metal and he seems like he's made of rubber. I'm glad I was warned about the hands. For folks who want to move them: carefully pull them off the peg. The peg is very long and thin, so if you try to turn the hands (stuck or not) it'll twist off. Toys 101, Jazwares, come on. You've come a long way, but you're still learning. I'm still thankful for Metal Sonic, and after a bit of work I'll be able to play with 'em, but I was expecting the same quality I got with the previous Sonic figures.

EDIT: Okay, here's some pics

standing-29.jpg

togetheratlast.jpg

closeup.jpg

crouch.jpg

And the rest:

dash.jpg

Vouge.jpg

pegs.jpg

There are the pegs. Some ball joints on there would have helped alot, and making the forearms and lower legs harder plastic to boot. The arms didn't move at all when I got him out of the package. I had to run them under hot water and nearly pull the elbow joint apart to get them to move, but now they do move semi-freely. The hands can move, but I gotta pull them out a bit and twist lightly. The legs freed up on thier own, and the feet have a thicker peg so it's easy to get them to move. Also, the shoulder armor just pushed right up with some mild pressure. Otherwise...it's a great figure! Once I freed up all his joints he's a lot of fun, looks fantastic, and is the little figure I've always dreamed of when I was a youngin' and frothing at the mouth for Sonic toys. He's a real shinny blue, has a nice paint job, and great detail. Only thing that I couldn't fix was a hip joint that is popping off the peg, but still staying on so I don't want to mess with him. Meaning: I think I got lucky with him, mostly, so I don't want to take him back and risk getting one that's worse when his leg is useable and not falling off. All in all, if you're careful, I'd get him. I'm a huge fan of Metal Sonic, so I couldn't skip him, and I'll even buy him again if they make improvements. Just the sucker I am, I guess.

alittlerobotlovin.jpg

Anyone hear about this? First4Figures is making Amy, Super Sonic, and Mecha Sonic in a 1.5 inch scale. You can check it out here, but there's no pictures, yet. :C

Whoops! Sorry for the double-post.

Edited by SuperVintendo64

I was visiting an out-of-the-way TRU yesterday and saw something incredible. The newest case assortment of Sonic figures was Silver, the updated Werehog, and the most recent Tails, all in non-TRU exclusive packaging.

Oh, and I heard your concerns about 3in Werehog.

I have addressed this with our factory. We are also going to retool the waist.

The new version has a less tapered waist for a more natural look and more supportive structure.

I was visiting an out-of-the-way TRU yesterday and saw something incredible. The newest case assortment of Sonic figures was Silver, the updated Werehog, and the most recent Tails, all in non-TRU exclusive packaging.

I saw the same thing in my TRU. They also had a bunch of Super Posers and even a few of the new Comic Packs with Metal Sonic.

Speaking of those, I did pick up one, and I must say, the Metal Sonic is very nice-looking and detailed, especially for such a small figure. Though I did experience some of the problems with his joints, namely their strength and tightness; one of the leg's knees won't bend, and one of the hands broke off when I tried to twist it. (but I did get it fixed.) Other than that, he's pretty nifty.

Sonic, on the other hand, is much better than his previous releases in my opinion. The eye paint looks better, and the joints seem tighter this time around (the joints of the first one I got became loose after a while). Overall, he just feels more "put-together."

I didn't hear about that until you mentioned it, Vinny. :o Though, I seriously doubt they're talking about the Mecha Sonic we saw in Sonic 3. I think they meant Metal Sonic. Either way, that's very cool. And if it IS Mecha Sonic ( which sadly, I doubt :( ), then oh, man. That will be awesome!

Awesome? My friend, if they made Mecha Sonic, my head would explode with multicolored streamers of awesome. It would be the sweetest awesomesauce to ever be tasted.

Also, I went to Toys "R" Us today to pick up a new Metal Sonic comic pack. Thankfully, this Metal Sonic didn't break. I followed the tip that Alexx gave us on removing the hands and feet, then popping them back in. (Thanks for the tip, Alexx! I highly recommend that people do this if they're having trouble twisting the hands and feet... But be careful when trying it!)

Glad it was helpful! It really is a good figure, you just sadly have to be careful with it. I hope the single carded version fixes some of these hiccups.

I didn't hear about that until you mentioned it, Vinny. ohmy.gif Though, I seriously doubt they're talking about the Mecha Sonic we saw in Sonic 3. I think they meant Metal Sonic. Either way, that's very cool. And if it IS Mecha Sonic ( which sadly, I doubt sad.gif ), then oh, man. That will be awesome!

Also, I went to Toys "R" Us today to pick up a new Metal Sonic comic pack. Thankfully, this Metal Sonic didn't break. I followed the tip that Alexx gave us on removing the hands and feet, then popping them back in. (Thanks for the tip, Alexx! I highly recommend that people do this if they're having trouble twisting the hands and feet... But be careful when trying it!)

ANYWAYS... While I was there, I saw something cool that was Jazwares Sonic related, but it wasn't a figure! You know those banners they have on top of toy aisles? You know, the ones that often have a logo that shows what's being sold under it? (ex: Spider-Man, Transformers, etc.) Normally, when I see the Sonic figures, they're under a generic "Action Figures" banner. But... take a look at this!:

sonicbanner.jpg

Looks like the Sonic figures are selling pretty well if they get their own banner! One more thing. Most of the three inch figures were gone. The only one left was Werehog, but he kind of looked the same. I think it was the newer release, because it had the fixed card that displays pics of the other figures. Anyone have a picture of the new Werehog?

I saw that banner too, Alex. I thought it was nice that Sonic finally gets his own banner, and it seems to show that Sonic is selling. The figures usually go pretty fast at my TRU. And I hope to go to TRU this Saturday to pick up the Super Poser Knuckles, 3in Tails and Werehog (and Shadow if they have him, because unfortunately mine's foot broke off), and change my comic pack. If I score then I'll try to post some pics.

@Alexx:

Jazwares does seem to always improve stuff when people bring up complaints, so I'm sure they'll fix it. :D

@JSHedgehog:

They seem to fly off the shelves at the TRU stores by me too. As you can see in the picture, all that's left are two Super Posers, two comic packs (one now, actually =P), and below, the 5 inch Sonic (didn't know they still carried that) and one three inch Werehog.

The running Yoshi is actually the key chain version. I got all excited too this morning when I came around the corner of the aisle and saw one on the peg. But, it's actually a pretty good size, and the chain should come easily if it's anything like the Toad one, which I bought to go with my Mario PVC's.

Back to Sonic - I finally found Silver today. I spotted the Metal Sonic packs, but passed for now. Hopefully they'll put Metal in a single pack some time in the future, as I don't need a fourth Sonic.

Hey. I'm new, my name's Aaron :P Hope you don't mind me barging into the conversation.

I just went to my Toys R Us today. They had the Super Poser Knuckles so I picked him up, he looks great! Didn't take him out of the box though. And I picked up the 3in Werehog and Silver. Sadly I didn't notice until I had already bought Silver, that his shoes are missing the paint on his little psychic... shoe... pentagon... things. Wouldn't have mattered anyway, as that was the only Silver they had. Now I just need Shadow. Wonder how long I'll have to wait, it took my Toys R Us until now to get the second wave of 3 inch figures, today was the first day they had them.

I didn't notice much difference from his first release, sadly. THOUGH it may just be the first release, as my Toys R Us is extremely slow. Today was the first time they had the second wave of 3in figures. So I'll be checking back soon anyway.

And this is weird - During the release of Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing, they had all of the racing figures, but now, they have NADA! They need to get on the ball. In other words, have Billy Mays give them a pep talk FROM BEYOND THE GRAAVE.

Awwww, I was hoping for classic Robotnik! Ah well, I'm still getting it. Oh, and I'll have a Big the Cat to put in the garbage disposal!

...just kidding. Seriously though, he'll probably be thrown in some random bin.

Awwww, I was hoping for classic Robotnik! Ah well, I'm still getting it. Oh, and I'll have a Big the Cat to put in the garbage disposal!

...just kidding. Seriously though, he'll probably be thrown in some random bin.

But... Big's awesome. D:

Oh, I had also forgotten to say, I actually expected Eggman to look like he did in Unleashed, but the figure here makes him more like he did in Sonic Adventure 2. Which is actually better in my opinion, since I think he looked cooler and more sinister in that game for some reason.

But... Big's awesome. D:

Well, if you like him as a character then I don't have much to say. However, if you actually had fun playing his mode on Sonic Adventure...well then I just gotta ask: how? How could anyone squeeze even an ounce of fun out of that horrible section of the game? That alone has solidified my hatred for that useless cat.