New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

It really looks unreal. It's got potential to be the greatest figure ever made.

You haven't seen many figures huh.

That title would probably go to something Japanese made and expensive(or something like an SiC).

Also where can I order the 3" figs :Z

I think what Rocksteady was talking about was that the figure looked to be the best figure ever made for him. Since he didn't actually say that, though, I'm sure you can just assume rather than poke him about it. Besides, expensive and full of articulation doesn't equal "greatest figure ever." It's in the eye of the beholder.

Than you Alexx. In my mind Metal looks amazing. And he's gonna be a gem in my collection. That's all that matters to me.

That title would probably go to something Japanese made and expensive(or something like an SiC).

Actually no it wouldn't go to something "Japanese made". Japan gets their toys made in China too. :D

Actually no it wouldn't go to something "Japanese made". Japan gets their toys made in China too. :D

Technicalities.

I think what Rocksteady was talking about was that the figure looked to be the best figure ever made for him. Since he didn't actually say that, though, I'm sure you can just assume rather than poke him about it. Besides, expensive and full of articulation doesn't equal "greatest figure ever." It's in the eye of the beholder.

That's still relatively unlikely, though, there are just so many other well crafted robot figures that, looking at what his personal tastes are likely to be, are much better. Of course they might not mean as much to him since they don't represent a character he knows, and that's fair enough, but that's not a permanent fixture, people get into new stuff all the time. There are also often going to be some more objective qualities in a figure, for example there aren't many people who appreciate genuinely sloppy paint apps, or cheap looking plastic(aside from David Wilis). It seems a bit much in general unless it's an astounding detailed and articulated work of art to call it your favouritest figure of all time, especially when you're saying POTENTIALLY THE BEST EVER regardless of how you intended it to mean. I mean, knowing Jazwares there's very likely to be draw backs, so there's likely negative "Potential" in there too.

I just get tired of fanboys getting overexcited about things. I was pretty pimped for the 3" figures but I'm under no illusions that they're great figures. Just don't get your hopes up, or like a lot of Transformers fans you'll find yourself forcing yourself to like something a little more than you actually do to avoid the let down.

Technicalities.

That's still relatively unlikely, though, there are just so many other well crafted robot figures that, looking at what his personal tastes are likely to be, are much better. Of course they might not mean as much to him since they don't represent a character he knows, and that's fair enough, but that's not a permanent fixture, people get into new stuff all the time. There are also often going to be some more objective qualities in a figure, for example there aren't many people who appreciate genuinely sloppy paint apps, or cheap looking plastic(aside from David Wilis). It seems a bit much in general unless it's an astounding detailed and articulated work of art to call it your favouritest figure of all time, especially when you're saying POTENTIALLY THE BEST EVER regardless of how you intended it to mean. I mean, knowing Jazwares there's very likely to be draw backs, so there's likely negative "Potential" in there too.

I just get tired of fanboys getting overexcited about things. I was pretty pimped for the 3" figures but I'm under no illusions that they're great figures. Just don't get your hopes up, or like a lot of Transformers fans you'll find yourself forcing yourself to like something a little more than you actually do to avoid the let down.

Oh boy were the guys let down with BAYformers. Yeah Michael Bay pretty much made the movie revolve around sam rather than the autobot and decepticon civil war. Thats's why on certain forums fanboys will die defending bayformers.

And I thought everybody was entitled to their own opinion. Looks like that's been taken away too on some forums.

That's weird. But anyway, back on topic. I think TRU is getting the figures in shipments of two or three at a time. (ex. Sonic and Tails, week 1. Knuckles and Shadow, week 2...)

Jazwares updated their website with the 3 Inchers:

sonic1h.jpg

sonic2p.jpg

tails1l.jpg

After seeing this photo of tails, I don't care how small he is compared to sonic, I'm buying him.

Do note: this is ALL of the pictures they had for the 3 inchers. So, obviously, this is the first wave.

Oh poo. I had a big long reply typed out.

But yeah, I think articulation is harming these figures. With Tails it's fine. Sonic not so much.

http://www.sonicgear.org/USAPages/ReSaurusFigures.html

I think Resaurus got it dead on with how to articulate a Sonic figure. Their sculpts are just poo. If we could get more limited pose Sonic figs maybe packed with accessories that'd be great. No joints that cut into the sculpt of the figure, if you get what I mean. You don't "need" superposing with Sonic anyway, it's great to have but it'd be nice to have accurate bodies too.

Also, it'd be nice to have Sonic figs the same size as the fixed pose Popco Marios. Those are really nice little figures. Maybe a little taller since the Mario figs ARE very small. Again, limited articulation etc. since you couldn't have much at that height anyway. Then they'd be in scale with Gi Joes and #$@# and it'd be great. Plus they'd be teeny so you could make big 5 packs of a bunch of obscure characters and they'd be cheap to make so people would buy them anyway.