New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

WOW this is great news! a comic pack! That opens the door to so many possibility in the 3" scale! as for what SEGA said............ well I look at it this way, the main games in the series are the cannon and those are the ones the true fans play and pay attention to. All the side games are going after a younger audience and are more cartoon like and simple (Secret Rings,Black knight) so in that context they are "good games" Unleashed was fun and a main cannon game, with a deeper story than the spin offs (what story there was it was still deeper/better even if only by a little in some opinions) I think they are trying to hit more then one audiences here. One with the main series (true fans) and spin offs with the younger audience. A good example of this is the fact that Rouge seems "less developed" in some of the spin offs and "more developed" in the main games. So am I still a Sonic fan........ YES! will I still play the main series cannon games.......... yes, but with the hope for improvement. In the end the main series cannon games are fun to play and have the characters I have grown to love. ^_^

Yeah the story book games seem to be geared towards younger fans. I really have no problem with Sega trying to appeal to both audiences I guess. After all we were all kids when we first got into Sonic. I just hope the main cannon games will get back to the quality of SA1&2.

Speaking of Rouge, do you think Sonic Team was trying to censor her a bit in Sonic Heroes? I can't say the outfit in that game was much of censorship though. Still I'm glad Sonic Team went back to the ole SA2 design. I just had this feeling that maybe soccer moms thought she was inappropriate for children or something.

I know there were a few complaints from soccer moms about Zero Suit Samus in Brawl. @lol@

Those have been there for a while. I think they were also up for pre-order on another site called CMDStore.

No. I've checked CMDStore several times. Unless they got it in within the past day, they still don't have it up for a preorder.

Wow, really? Were they the Werehog and Black Knight plushes?

I saw Sonic, Shadow, and the silver one. I only gave them a passing glance though.

That one store is selling all 3 3 inchers for $20?? Wonder how much they'll retail for at work...

I went to my TRU after reading your post and got Sonic and Shadow they were the only ones left! They are $8.99 each. Kinda pricey. Thanks for the heads up Flying_Infant!

Are those the plushes that look skinny and have lanky legs? I'm going to downtown houston on tuesday to eat lunch with my bro in law so I may check the TRU here and may check again on thursday or wednesday. If I find anything I'll give you guys a heads up and post some pics.

Are those the plushes that look skinny and have lanky legs? I'm going to downtown houston on tuesday to eat lunch with my bro in law so I may check the TRU here and may check again on thursday or wednesday. If I find anything I'll give you guys a heads up and post some pics.

If that's the case, I'm gonna pass. Those look awful...

If that's the case, I'm gonna pass. Those look awful...

The Sonic plush at TRU are the ones made by Jazwares. They are in the style of the Black Knight and Werehog plush we saw prototype pix of by Jazwares but I didn't see the Black Knight or Werehog when I went only Sonic and Shadow.

Yes! I hated those ugly lanky leg plushes these look much better.

Edit: The seller is located in chesapeake which is only 4 hours from my house. I'll be happy to come to my toysrus to find it filled with more sonic stuff than it did before.

I live all the way out in the Middle West, aka Mountain Time, so it takes my TRU like a week or two to get stuff after it comes out. But I'll try to go today and check for plushies.

Hey I made an account here JUST so I could view this sonic jazwares news. Ive been checkin back and forth every now and then...really Ive found this to be maybe the best place to find news of Sonic merchandise.

Im one of those sonic fans that has loved the character and everything about him sense his creation. I played all the games, read and loved the comics, watched the Tv shows, and even ate sonic spaqettios! It was always hard for me to find ANY merchandise of sonic...so all this new stuff is far too exciting. Oh and no I dont think the series is "dead" Ive never even considered it. I think its only a matter of time.

Yeah so I randomly decided to post here. I recently read an article about sonic on kotaku. http://kotaku.com/5336675/sega-impossible-...-one-sonic-game

Yeah so Ive read over and over the comments about sonic on all the websites. Well...until reading this article I felt as if no one else understood the sonic fan base or why the word of mouth hasnt been kind to the franchise and then after reading the other recent article from sega I thought they didnt have any idea what they were doing. While hes not entirely right in what he says this is the first time Ive heard them address the complexity of sonics fanbase which I felt few people understand. While its not necessarily that difficult for them to go and make a great game it is impossible to please everyone. SU tried to pleas everyone. But in my own opinion it was a pretty good game they still failed by trying to please all fans at the same time. Hence the "small" change that was the werehog. Aside from making it sound as if making a hugely successful and praised sonic game is hard (argueable but It is possible in either case.) which I cannot honestly say if it is. But all in all I felt that this guy knows what hes talking about. Its renewed my faith in the company to a degree. But I'll wait until the next big sonic game.

Sorry for the wall of text...its pretty large for a first post. But I felt I could share my thoughts with some other sonic fans.

Welcome to the discussion, Omnichronus. Yeah I could do a better paint job than that and I've only made 3 customs lol. The idead overall is just bad. It's from that guy on youtube called dimwitted dinobot who won't tell anyone how to fix the super sonic spikes because he "makes money making custom figures with the fixed spikes" What a jerk. Customs are a hobby and then profit is on the side. For example I make custom figures of character I like or just perfect previous figures such as the white/light blue MU spider-man which I painted to a nice solid blue and with shading I'll add on tomorrow.