New Sonic Figures!

jamaro

Ah so at that time you were probably just as much a fan as I was last year (well actually for like the last few years) why do I keep using parentheses so much? The thing that really got me hooked was Sonic Adventure. My dad got it and a Dreamcast for Christmas in 2000 or '99 and I fell i love right away. I had the Genesis games at the time and I played them when I was little but Adventure got me into the series...Oh that avatar is Super Tails. He was only available if you had Sonic 3 & Knuckles. You had to play as Tails, then get the Super Emeralds.. He uses the Flickies to attack badniks... You know what? I think I could be a Sonic Historian lol... I have a question for you guys, what do you think was the hardest or most frustrating second level in Sonic history? I would DEFINITELY 100% say Marble Zone... Here's a little tidbit for you all, did you know more video game controllers were purchased when Sonic the Hedgehog was released in '91 than ever before? My friend told me that after he through his Genesis controller in anger over the summer... I'm sorry for drifting away from the main idea, I just want to get all my ideas out at once...

The pic was kinda small, so that's why I was askin'. I also want to know where he got it! But, yeah, that's Hyper Tails! Super Tails doesn't have the birds. Like you said, you gotta get the super emeralds, and that'll get you the Hyper version, rather than Super. I thought the pic was cool, 'cause no one ever pays attention to how awesome Hyper Tails was! Those birds never failed to crack me up back in the day, but they also rock hardcore, since you just stand there and they attack away.

Anyhow, seems like Adventure is the first for many folks like yourself. Like I said, I did enjoy Adventure, but it seems like it just keeps getting worse and worse. On top of that, Adventure wasn't that amazing. Everything was automatic! Sometimes I felt like my job was to just push forward and jump sometimes. I know they have to have a lock on feature to kill badniks, but it also makes it just a mechanical motion without any aiming required.

Now, granted, the original Sonic games also had alot of "press forward", but I could stop and backtrack pretty easily, and ALOT of the fun of the originals was exploring the levels (except for that horrid death pit in Mystic Cave Zone. I always managed to find that). That's why Sonic 3 hooked to S&K was my favorite. There was so much hidden stuff, and the two games connected made it just huge! Even now, going through those two is a favorite past time. I'm a little rusty now, but I used to fly through there without dieing once! Had over 40 lives at the end because of it! I'm also kinda proud to say that those emerald levels are still burned into my brain. Take that, schooling! I got emerald levels in there! Ah...those were the days. I'm only 25 and I sound like an old man.

Ah so at that time you were probably just as much a fan as I was last year (well actually for like the last few years) why do I keep using parentheses so much? The thing that really got me hooked was Sonic Adventure. My dad got it and a Dreamcast for Christmas in 2000 or '99 and I fell i love right away. I had the Genesis games at the time and I played them when I was little but Adventure got me into the series...Oh that avatar is Super Tails. He was only available if you had Sonic 3 & Knuckles. You had to play as Tails, then get the Super Emeralds.. He uses the Flickies to attack badniks... You know what? I think I could be a Sonic Historian lol... I have a question for you guys, what do you think was the hardest or most frustrating second level in Sonic history? I would DEFINITELY 100% say Marble Zone... Here's a little tidbit for you all, did you know more video game controllers were purchased when Sonic the Hedgehog was released in '91 than ever before? My friend told me that after he through his Genesis controller in anger over the summer... I'm sorry for drifting away from the main idea, I just want to get all my ideas out at once...

The pic was kinda small, so that's why I was askin'. I also want to know where he got it! But, yeah, that's Hyper Tails! Super Tails doesn't have the birds. Like you said, you gotta get the super emeralds, and that'll get you the Hyper version, rather than Super. I thought the pic was cool, 'cause no one ever pays attention to how awesome Hyper Tails was! Those birds never failed to crack me up back in the day, but they also rock hardcore, since you just stand there and they attack away.

Anyhow, seems like Adventure is the first for many folks like yourself. Like I said, I did enjoy Adventure, but it seems like it just keeps getting worse and worse. On top of that, Adventure wasn't that amazing. Everything was automatic! Sometimes I felt like my job was to just push forward and jump sometimes. I know they have to have a lock on feature to kill badniks, but it also makes it just a mechanical motion without any aiming required.

Now, granted, the original Sonic games also had alot of "press forward", but I could stop and backtrack pretty easily, and ALOT of the fun of the originals was exploring the levels (except for that horrid death pit in Mystic Cave Zone. I always managed to find that). That's why Sonic 3 hooked to S&K was my favorite. There was so much hidden stuff, and the two games connected made it just huge! Even now, going through those two is a favorite past time. I'm a little rusty now, but I used to fly through there without dieing once! Had over 40 lives at the end because of it! I'm also kinda proud to say that those emerald levels are still burned into my brain. Take that, schooling! I got emerald levels in there! Ah...those were the days. I'm only 25 and I sound like an old man.

God, I don't want to start a war but there is NO Hyper Tails... Just do a bit of research... Before when I was talking about Adventure, I meant that that was the game that got me buying more Sonic games. My first was one of the Genesis ones... You're right about one thing though, It is fun to explore every inch of the games... On youtube I saw a guy do the first special stage backwards... It was amazing...

God, I don't want to start a war but there is NO Hyper Tails... Just do a bit of research... Before when I was talking about Adventure, I meant that that was the game that got me buying more Sonic games. My first was one of the Genesis ones... You're right about one thing though, It is fun to explore every inch of the games... On youtube I saw a guy do the first special stage backwards... It was amazing...

Hey, gimme a break here! I've been playin' these games since I was a youngin, and I haven't done another playthrough in a good while. I forgot you don't get Tails powered up until you get all the emeralds and the super emeralds. Tell ya the truth, when I do my playthroughs, I usually just use Sonic! I love the heck outa Hyper Sonic.

Anyhow, yeah, totally backwards special stages is insane. I've been backwards quite a few times and had to play it until I got myself turned around, but I'd never be able to do 'em completely backwards!

Hey, gimme a break here! I've been playin' these games since I was a youngin, and I haven't done another playthrough in a good while. I forgot you don't get Tails powered up until you get all the emeralds and the super emeralds. Tell ya the truth, when I do my playthroughs, I usually just use Sonic! I love the heck outa Hyper Sonic.

Anyhow, yeah, totally backwards special stages is insane. I've been backwards quite a few times and had to play it until I got myself turned around, but I'd never be able to do 'em completely backwards!

OK I understand... I usually use Sonic and Tails when I play the game... Here's a link to that video of the guy doing the stage backwards:

We should start to get back on topic... When do you guys think we'll see the new figures (and again) what do you think the never before made one will be? I think...No I'm sure it'll be Super Sonic... They've shown a picture and everyone wants one so why not? I REALLY REALLY want Metal Sonic SOO BADLY!!!

Yeah, Super Sonic makes the most sense, but Metal Sonic is the one I'd want as well. However, if they are interested in doing new things, then perhaps Metal Sonic isn't so far off! Heck, as I've said, I want ALL of them!

Yeah, Super Sonic makes the most sense, but Metal Sonic is the one I'd want as well. However, if they are interested in doing new things, then perhaps Metal Sonic isn't so far off! Heck, as I've said, I want ALL of them!

Yeah, I want them all to... So which story line do you guys follow? The games, TV shows, comics, a combination? I personally am a game loyalist... Hey Have you guys heard of that possible Sonic movie? I wonder (if it ever gets in the works) what it'd be about...

man my computer has bee on the fritz I've been trying to post for days! Yeah I finally got my avatar, Super Tails from Sonic 3 & Knuckles! it did take me awhile to find a good pic, Alexx I found it on a fan site I dont rember witch one now I'm sorry. and Superchaos thats sound really cool about the paper crafts cant wait to see how they turn out, and as far as I'm concerned the games are the true cannon of the series. Although I did grow up watching the Saturday morning cartoon show before school each morning lol.

I've been lurking around here and decided to join. I got the Jazzwares Sonic super poser and Werehog for Christmas. I really like them alot.

Anyways discussing figures...

I'm going to go out and assume that the 5 new sculpts that the OP was talking about are Sonic,Tails,Knuckles,Shadow,and Silver. Silver is obviously the character that has never had a figure before. It could be Blaze the cat but knowing Jazzwares I doubt they will make a girl character.

Hey , thanks for the welcome!

I certainly hope that Jazzwares makes Silver,Blaze and Amy too.

I'm thinking they could do one series with gentlemen and one with ladies.

Series 1 could be Sonic,Tails,Knuckles,Shadow,and Silver like I mentioned before. Sonic should include Chip with him!

Series 2 could be Amy,Rouge,Cream,Blaze,and Marine

Series 3 could be a robot series with Metal Sonic,Omega,Gamma,Emeral,and possibly Gemel from Sonic Advance 3

I like the way you think Rockzilla. All 3 series sound awesome.

Oh I forgot to make a prediction on what the Toy island repaints will be that Jamaro mentioned.

Well I think a Super Sonic version of the super poser is already confirmed. They will probably make a Super Shadow super poser as well, and I'm guessing Eggman might get a repaint. I just hope Jazzwares dosn't release any more Toy island repaints than that. IMO most of the Toy island figures were pretty bad. The Super posers,Eggman and Big were pretty good though.

Hey , thanks for the welcome!

I certainly hope that Jazzwares makes Silver,Blaze and Amy too.

I'm thinking they could do one series with gentlemen and one with ladies.

Series 1 could be Sonic,Tails,Knuckles,Shadow,and Silver like I mentioned before. Sonic should include Chip with him!

Series 2 could be Amy,Rouge,Cream,Blaze,and Marine

Series 3 could be a robot series with Metal Sonic,Omega,Gamma,Emeral,and possibly Gemel from Sonic Advance 3

Wow that would be the dream series! did ya catch that one Jazzwares? ;) yeah I was thinking the Toy island repaints would be Super Sonic/Shadow super poser, I hope they do a new sculpt of Super Sonic somewhere down the line.

Wow a lot happened in the last few hours... Welcome Rockzilla. You have brilliant ideas. I don't know if Sega is yet ready to market Silver but I wouldn't mind it. They should make like a mini pack with rings and Chaos Emeralds and the Master Emerald. I would love to have all of the Chaos Emeralds. Toy Island screwed us over on that one...

Yeah I don't remember Toy island even including Emeralds in the Sonic X series. I remember buying the original Sonic Adventure toy island figures back in Y2K, those had Emeralds and small rings. I can't believe Toy island cheaply reused the same figures for a Sonic X line though.

Yeah we never got the full set of Chaos Emeralds Red,Blue,yellow,Pink,Green is all we got and the last two where only available with the original Toy Island release. The ones with magnets in there feet to collect rings, it was a cool feature.

You know the Resaurus Sonic Adventure figures were so much better though. I was so pissed off when they went out of business. Resaurus had Shadow and Rouge figures planned for a Sonic Adventure 2 line, they looked awesome. I remember seeing pictures of them on SonicHQ before Adventure 2 came out for the Dreamcast.

You know the Resaurus Sonic Adventure figures were so much better though. I was so pissed off when they went out of business. Resaurus had Shadow and Rouge figures planned for a Sonic Adventure 2 line, they looked awesome. I remember seeing pictures of them on SonicHQ before Adventure 2 came out for the Dreamcast.

Yup and they also had Sonic and Super Sonic... Too bad they went out of business... You have to admit though the joyride Shadow was BY FAR the best Sonic figure ever...

Yeah I remember those too, I was VERY upset they never came out and it took the Sonic X anime to come out in the states before we got a Rouge figure released.

and superchaos I only wrote blue because thats what Toy Island listed it as. and yes there was pink I could take a picture of a couple pink ones next to a red emerald if you want.

Yeah I love the Joyride studios Shadow. I'm so glad I got him when the toy was first released. Have you seen the prices for him and Sonic on Ebay? Talk about outrageous.

Anyways thinking of Shadow, I got a misprint Sonic super poser that says Shadow on the box.

Yeah I remember those too, I was VERY upset they never came out and it took the Sonic X anime to come out in the states before we got a Rouge figure released.

With limited articulation mind you.

Thats my point we had to wait all that time for a lesser figure. And I too am very glad I got my Joyride Shadow when I did they are almost impassable to get now.

Yeah I love the Joyride studios Shadow. I'm so glad I got him when the toy was first released. Have you seen the prices for him and Sonic on Ebay? Talk about outrageous.

Anyways thinking of Shadow, I got a misprint Sonic super poser that says Shadow on the box.

Ha! Do you have a pic? How could they mess up like that?