Flak Cannon and Claw Glider cancelled?

boogerviper

Just got the following from BBTS

Hi - Hasbro has just informed us that this item has been cancelled, and as a result they will not be able to fill our orders. We apologize for the inconvenience. We have cancelled all preorders and removed the item from our site.

Thanks

www.bigbadtoystore.com

I was skeptical at first. Seemed like Entertainment Earth had oversold its pre-orders. But yeah, it looks like the cancellation *is* coming from Hasbro, probably due to the sluggish sales of Wave 1. I can still find Steeler/Serpentor 2-packs in most stores around the City, and Vamps don't move much quicker.

I think Hasbro also snafu'ed its vehicle choices, putting out the AWE-Striker and SHARC molds twice already. The Firebat, the Fang/Claw set, the Mocassin and the Sky Hawk are all great vehicles.

I've also never seen any of them in stores.

Knowing Hasbro, they'll find a way to get these vehicles out there. It may take a store exclusive to do so, but hopefully they're just breaking up the assortment or something.

oh hell no!

They finally do some vehicles that are good... and then they cancel them?

Maybe they should have canned the Awe Striker and Sharc, and the endless refills of wave 1 vehicles in the wave 2 and 3 cases, before and we wouldn't be in this predicament.

Who does Hasbro think they are pulling a move like this, Mattel?

I don't see these as a cancellation. Hasbro has already made the test molds and it seems the production molds as well, so why would they cancel them all together. I am betting we will see these released sometime next year. Hasbro is not going to turn down an easy money making release like this. So i guess we all just need to sit back and wait this out.

These will STILL come out guys, just not at the time Hasbro projected.

Come on, there's at least one mostly new figure in the line up, and alot of modifications invested in the other figures and vehicles.

Tom

They did do this with the Firefly vs. the Greenshirts pack and we got that eventually as well.

I'm optimistic that we'll seem 'em.

Question is when, but that's always the question isn't it?

They did do this with the Firefly vs. the Greenshirts pack and we got that eventually as well.

I'm optimistic that we'll seem 'em.

Question is when, but that's always the question isn't it?

As long as its before the movie, I can wait. I already did an Outback custom anyways, though their's is better.

And the vehicles were the second best wave overall..

Ah well, I'll just wait patiently.

@hmmm@ @hmmm@ @hmmm@ @hmmm@

@can@

I got the email too.

This sucks. I was really looking forward to this wave. :(

Well the response I got back wasn't to encouraging. They didn't really answer the question but basically said they will be making an announcement about this in the near future. From this response it makes me think that perhaps these are going to become someone's exclusive and they don't want to say till things are finalized, but that's just speculation on my part at this point.

Well the response I got back wasn't to encouraging. They didn't really answer the question but basically said they will be making an announcement about this in the near future.

Thanks for checking it out. I hope they change their minds if they plan on cancelling these...It was a nice wave...

These will STILL come out guys, just not at the time Hasbro projected.

Come on, there's at least one mostly new figure in the line up, and alot of modifications invested in the other figures and vehicles.

Tom

This is my guess.. prob wont hit till early next year.. probably the best wave out of all the vehicles.. so I can't see them "canceling" it just like that.

Well they were originally not due out till 09 (next year) anyway, so if its a simple delay then I would guess we won't see them till at least 2010 after the movie stuff, but again my money is on them getting picked up as a store exclusive which would explain why etailers are canceling their pre-orders and yet Hasbro won't yet really comment as to why, probably because things aren't finalized with whatever store is looking to pick them up as the exclusive and Hasbro doesn't want to announce anything till that happens. I agree though a straight cancelation with them having been pretty much made from the looks of the images we have seen doesn't seem likely. Hopefully though we will get an official announcement soon.

I swear, if these are Target exclusives I'll be furious.

Hasbro should find SOMEONE in Canada to carry those rather than forcing us to use E-bay/trade.

We should at least have the OPTION of finding them in the wild.

@can@

I swear, if these are Target exclusives I'll be furious.

Hasbro should find SOMEONE in Canada to carry those rather than forcing us to use E-bay/trade.

We should at least have the OPTION of finding them in the wild.

@can@

I'll betcha they are.

Good thing I have 'agents' in the US to help a brother from another mother out. :)