I have NEVER been more THRILLED about the MODERN line!

Tom-1

I'm sure most of us have seen the following already, but this isn't so much a "Hey check new stuff out" as it is a "Told you so" @smilepunch@

f867599216.jpg

I know some of us are very critical of anything not 100% 'classic' themed, but there is an equally large group of us who are dying for something other than a perfect duplicate of a toy that already exists but with slightly different articulation. This is what alot of us were hoping we'd get as we ground our teeth to nubs over Venomous Maximus, Dr. Link Talbot and Harddrive. This is the GI Joe rebirth alot of us have been hoping for, and I for one can't even complain a little bit. : D

The best part is that if there were figures from the 80s that looked like the above characters, certain folk wouldn't dare nitpick them as much as they inevitably will. ; P

Tom

PS - Credit for the above photos goes to the GI Joe community's badboy, Hisstank.com

I'm sure most of us have seen the following already, but this isn't so much a "Hey check new stuff out" as it is a "Told you so" @smilepunch@

f867599216.jpg

I know some of us are very critical of anything not 100% 'classic' themed, but there is an equally large group of us who are dying for something other than a perfect duplicate of a toy that already exists but with slightly different articulation. This is what alot of us were hoping we'd get as we ground our teeth to nubs over Venomous Maximus, Dr. Link Talbot and Harddrive. This is the GI Joe rebirth alot of us have been hoping for, and I for one can't even complain a little bit. : D

The best part is that if there were figures from the 80s that looked like the above characters, certain folk wouldn't dare nitpick them as much as they inevitably will. ; P

Tom

PS - Credit for the above photos goes to the GI Joe community's badboy, Hisstank.com

I agree. I like the resolute figres we've seen so far and your last statement is correct. If these figures came out during rah people would be singing their praises but since they aren't they're going to be ripped apart.

I have to admit, I'm a fan of most of the Joe toys produced, S6, RAH, RAHC, Sgt. Savage, 12" Classics, etc... The only lines I didn't like were Extreme and JvC/VvV. I love this 25th anniversary line the most, though, because it offers something for everyone. RAH fans, tons of faithful renditions of classic characters. Now, fans looking for something new to boost their ranks have Resolute. Hell, even fans of M.A.S.K. have something to be grateful for.

I would love to see this 25th/Modern Era line include some characters from the other lines/eras of Joe, i.e. A 3 3/4" Adventure Team member, Bullet Man, Action Soldier, Joe Colton, Sgt. Savage, even a couple of Extreme characters weren't so bad. I'd even be down for some of the S6 designs to be brought into this scale.

The only real disappointment of the Modern Era line is the 12" subline. What terrible crap. Poorly sculpted, mismatched parts, weird looks for characters, etc... Please Hasbro, either make 12" figs that are on par with the old 12" Cloth uniformed figures, or drop them all together.

Duke and the Trooper look good, but Cobra Commander SUCKS. He looks great but I don't want a little statue. Who didn't complain about the crappy "skirts" on Hawk and Dusty (among others) back with the new sculpt figures.

The figure sucks because it has an immobile skirt? That hardly makes it a statue - it still has complete movement in the neck, elbows, wrists, knees and ankles, with slightly reduced artciulation to his hips and shoulders. However, if you look at the size of his skirt and shawl (Cobta Commander is officially an old lady now...) there is alot of room for movement, moreso than with any other plastic-clothing accesoried figure.

Not only that, but yes, after 10 versions of Cobra Commander, I am willing to surrender some mobility in order to get a design this cool. If I end up being dissappointed, well, good news for me - I have a blue, black, navy blue, sky blue, royal blue, red, robins egg blue and other blue Cobra Commander to choose from already.

Tom

Duke and the Trooper look good, but Cobra Commander SUCKS. He looks great but I don't want a little statue. Who didn't complain about the crappy "skirts" on Hawk and Dusty (among others) back with the new sculpt figures.

The figure sucks because it has an immobile skirt? That hardly makes it a statue - it still has complete movement in the neck, elbows, wrists, knees and ankles, with slightly reduced artciulation to his hips and shoulders. However, if you look at the size of his skirt and shawl (Cobta Commander is officially an old lady now...) there is alot of room for movement, moreso than with any other plastic-clothing accesoried figure.

Not only that, but yes, after 10 versions of Cobra Commander, I am willing to surrender some mobility in order to get a design this cool. If I end up being dissappointed, well, good news for me - I have a blue, black, navy blue, sky blue, royal blue, red, robins egg blue and other blue Cobra Commander to choose from already.

Tom

True lol. I'm just being cautious maybe. I was pointing out we've already hear people complain about this kind of limitation on articulation before and THIS Cobra Commander has more limitation then the ones people were complaining about.

So, we don't have Low-Light yet, but we get Battle Skirt Cobra Commander. That seems about right.

I know I'm gonna have to pick up a cheap dollar store horse for that Cobra Commander........I really like it but he needs a horse.

@horse@

I've got an Indy one you can have. PM me if you're serious.

I'm about Cobra Commandered-out, but this one does feature the new DVD Pack head, as does the Trooper-Viper. Resolute Duke looks almost dead-on like Classic Red 'N Tan 'cept for the elbow pads and better colors-- he's even got the flat-top and facial features! Does that mean I'd want to get him more if Hasbro actually made him, well, worse?!?

I'm about Cobra Commandered-out, but this one does feature the new DVD Pack head, as does the Trooper-Viper. Resolute Duke looks almost dead-on like Classic Red 'N Tan 'cept for the elbow pads and better colors-- he's even got the flat-top and facial features! Does that mean I'd want to get him more if Hasbro actually made him, well, worse?!?

Although I wasn't thrilled at first, CC and Duke are growing on me (still not sure till I see them in person).

The Trooper looks amazing though.

@can@

I'm really glad to see the Trooper and Duke come out so well, especially since I've never been that thrilled with the original 25th versions. The Duke arm fiasco is well known, but the fact that they fixed the trooper's diaper crotch on the Python Patrol figure then stopped using the fixed crotch(!!!) on the other trooper figures, I'm just glad we have improved representations of these characters.

All three of those look really cool... I'm army-building Fireflies and black Snake Eyes' at the moment, so the trooper probably wo't make it into my collection, but that Duke is begging for endless headswitches...

Just perused eBay and am surprised not to find any of these...

All three of those look really cool... I'm army-building Fireflies and black Snake Eyes' at the moment, so the trooper probably wo't make it into my collection, but that Duke is begging for endless headswitches...

Just perused eBay and am surprised not to find any of these...

I am army building Dukes and Cobra Commanders......

Not on purpose mind you. :P