Mattel vs Hasbro in quality

Pluvsjazzs

who has the worst quality Mattel or Hasbro  

21 members have voted

1. 1. who has the worst quality Mattel DCUC or Hasbro Marvel Legends

• Mattel DCUC
    • Hasbro Marvel Legends

since i do not open my figures i wouldnt know the answer to this question. i want to know who has the worst quality control mattel or hasbro. i am not talking about sculpt ,too little or less articulation.

I don't collect Marvel Legends, but I've collected some Hasbro 25th Anniversary G.I. Joes. The quality of those figures is head and shoulders and probably waste, too, above DCUC. Maybe the Marvel Legends figures are different, though.

I was excited at first when i herd mattel was getting the dc line. But since the relese of wave 1 with the crappy paint jobs and it seems to only be getting worse as the line goes. Its really dishearting

Its like little jonny starting out so well but getting involed in drugs and crime and just going down hill. With mattel piss poor distrabution and crap paint apps and now seems alot of loose collectors getting these and the arms and legs falling off just isn't right.

I didn't even have to think about that one. I collect G.I.Joe and some Star Wars, and I never have to worry about the paint chipping off, or if my guy has two left arms. Mattel has failed me many times. Now I understand we are talking about the Legends line, but ever since Hasbro took over for Toy-Jiz, the quality has been much better.

Hasbro blows Mattel's quality control away.

I don't pick up as many Marvel Legends as I used to but that's mostly because the ML well of characters is running dry. I do have to say though that these figures have become much tighter and are put together much better under Hasbro than they were under Toy Biz. I know a lot of people see the TB years as the Golden Age of ML but I remember those figures as dangling, flimsy mannequins with hopelessly loose joints.

As for Mattel... Wow! All I can say is that when you buy a Mattel figure, you cross your fingers and pray that the arms and legs don't fall off when you take it out of the package.

Hasbro blows Mattel's quality control away.

I don't pick up as many Marvel Legends as I used to but that's mostly because the ML well of characters is running dry. I do have to say though that these figures have become much tighter and are put together much better under Hasbro than they were under Toy Biz. I know a lot of people see the TB years as the Golden Age of ML but I remember those figures as dangling, flimsy mannequins with hopelessly loose joints.

As for Mattel... Wow! All I can say is that when you buy a Mattel figure, you cross your fingers and pray that the arms and legs don't fall off when you take it out of the package.

That really sums it all up.

I stopped collecting ML when Toy Biz lost the license but I've seen the sculpts Hasbro has put out since they have been creating the line have improved (wasn't impressed at first). And they seem to be in better shape and quality now.

Mattel is like a train wreck. Its like 4 DCU figures to a case and 4 cases to a state. The paint jobs suck, and just the general assembly of the figure is terrible. I remember when you would hear about like one or two figures in a whole line that get shipped with a mistake and sometimes those mistakes were worth money but now the figures that are worth the most money (at least in DCU's case) are the ones that...well just end up looking like what you are suppose to be buying. Mattel is a terrible company when it comes right down to it. No line can survive with this many mistakes.

I stopped collecting ML when Toy Biz lost the license but I've seen the sculpts Hasbro has put out since they have been creating the line have improved (wasn't impressed at first). And they seem to be in better shape and quality now.

Mattel is like a train wreck. Its like 4 DCU figures to a case and 4 cases to a state. The paint jobs suck, and just the general assembly of the figure is terrible. I remember when you would hear about like one or two figures in a whole line that get shipped with a mistake and sometimes those mistakes were worth money but now the figures that are worth the most money (at least in DCU's case) are the ones that...well just end up looking like what you are suppose to be buying. Mattel is a terrible company when it comes right down to it. No line can survive with this many mistakes.

No.... No they can't I agree And its only a matter of time befor people stop buying these like they did with the marvel figures.

I like most of the reused Toy Biz Sculpts Hasbro is putting out, but I don't like the Hasbro balljoint at all.

as for quality, however, I must say Hasbro has a handle on the world of Boys Action Figures in a way that no other company comes close to.

while I love DCUC, I have seen some problems, and while I don't buy many Hasbro Legends, I have a few, and have been generally pleased with the ones I have purchased.

this isn't very fair considering its a dc forum, and most people here probably don't mess with anything marvel or they only collect dc direct so marvel is screwed here. but i think the hasbro quality is better i haven't had 1 locked joint on a single figure i bought since hasbro took over. toybiz had locked/weak joints soft plastic and mattel has locked joints, bad paint, 2 right arms. hasbro also has better distribution i can't find a single wave 5 dcuc and when i do who is to say i will even want any of them if the paint is crap and maybe it will have 2 of the same limb.

I like most of the reused Toy Biz Sculpts Hasbro is putting out, but I don't like the Hasbro balljoint at all.

That's the one thing that kept me from buying Marvel Legends. I still couldn't resist a couple Wolverine figures and Deadpool, but I loathe the balljoint at the hip, and since every ML figure had it, I never started collecting. It just looks terrible to me, ruining an otherwise good sculpt.

If the Horsemen were to sculpt the Marvel Legends figures, giving them all a uniform look with the same articulation as DCUC with no balljoints, it would be game over for me. I'd buy so many figures I'd never be able to afford food or clothes or anything else.

That's the one thing that kept me from buying Marvel Legends. I still couldn't resist a couple Wolverine figures and Deadpool, but I loathe the balljoint at the hip, and since every ML figure had it, I never started collecting. It just looks terrible to me, ruining an otherwise good sculpt.

If the Horsemen were to sculpt the Marvel Legends figures, giving them all a uniform look with the same articulation as DCUC with no balljoints, it would be game over for me. I'd buy so many figures I'd never be able to afford food or clothes or anything else.

I hate the ball joint too. I don't know if i'd go that crazy over ML if they the horsemen would do a few but it would make me take a second look for sure.

this is a lop sided question.(no offense to the topic starter) as far as paint apps, and stuck joints....hasbro has better QC. when you talk looks....mattel all the way. when a dcuc fig is done right,(paint apps and all) they out shine MLs any day! i collect both, and the best MLs are toy biz rehashes, because the hasbro joint is complete ****! the hips on dcuc figs are 100% better than the ball joints that MLs use.

this is a lop sided question.(no offense to the topic starter) as far as paint apps, and stuck joints....hasbro has better QC. when you talk looks....mattel all the way. when a dcuc fig is done right,(paint apps and all) they out shine MLs any day! i collect both, and the best MLs are toy biz rehashes, because the hasbro joint is complete ****! the hips on dcuc figs are 100% better than the ball joints that MLs use.

with all due respect the question is not lopsided i wanted to know about quality which most people including yuorself answered. the answers about joints and sculpts are not what im looking for. i want to know about figures with left arms on the right side, bad paint, parts that fall off thats quality. so for any of you that dont understand what im looking for now you do

the answers about joints and sculpts are not what im looking for. so for any of you that dont understand what im looking for now you do

so.....stuck joints doesnt fall under QC?( :wacko: ) anyway....lets just say that hasbro doesnt have many issues with QC.

I hate the DCUC/MOTU hip joints with a passion.

The ball joint is the best joint possible when executed correctly

Thanks for your opinion (stated as fact).

I disagree, I think the ML Balljoint looks like the character's testicles have slipped out on either side of their underwear, and for some reason, their legs are attached to them.

I think it's hideous, and a complete eyesore, detracting from an otherwise nice looking figure.

Mattel has found a way to get the same articulation, but maintain a semblance of anatomical accuracy.

with all due respect the question is not lopsided i wanted to know about quality which most people including yuorself answered. the answers about joints and sculpts are not what im looking for. i want to know about figures with left arms on the right side, bad paint, parts that fall off thats quality. so for any of you that dont understand what im looking for now you do

Um the joints count as QC when you look at the damn figure and go "WTF were they thinking?" But the paint apps and the very strange backward and double limb thing is Mattel's major downside. They need much better QC.

I'll agree with you if we are talking Hasbro MLs.... but I think the best Toybiz MLs dance circles around DCUC

I'll agree with you if we are talking Hasbro MLs.... but I think the best Toybiz MLs dance circles around DCUC

like who?

I hate the DCUC/MOTU hip joints with a passion.

The ball joint is the best joint possible when executed correctly

Thanks for your opinion (stated as fact).

I disagree, I think the ML Balljoint looks like the character's testicles have slipped out on either side of their underwear, and for some reason, their legs are attached to them.

I think it's hideous, and a complete eyesore, detracting from an otherwise nice looking figure.

Mattel has found a way to get the same articulation, but maintain a semblance of anatomical accuracy.

I agree, the hips on DCUC are very well done. At first, I thought they looked kind of funky the way they could bend to the left and right, but now I really think they are better by far. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with the ball joint, but the DCUC hip area looks more flush and the POA are less noticable. So, to me, it's like getting a good sculpt and good range of movement.

Coming on a day where I opened my DCUC Amazo to find one of his legs hanging by a thread, I can honestly say I've had problems with both companies. I love how everyone puts ML on a pedestal when the fact of the matter is both companies have QC issues. Paint apps, broken/loose/tight joints, they all have the same problems yet everyone still buys them and complains when they can't find them.

I collect both, I am a total completist with DCUC and I buy a few ML here and there. Overall I can say that the roles have reversed. Originally Mattel had better QC over Toybiz, then late last year Mattel made a few changes and now their figures are terrible, too many problems that are common and they should be isolated. With Toybiz they were a horrible company with cheap plastic, I can say that Hasbro offers superior QC and plastic quality over Toybiz and currently Mattel. Each transititon has had its blunders but as far as quality, it has to go to Hasbro. I have had many errors with the DCUC line and they seem to be getting worse while the ML's aren't great, they are stil better in production and quality.

Mattel you have some fool management ruining the DCUC line.

I think you make a good point, superpowers. It seems like Mattel has switched something and now has problems they didn't have before.

I've never had any problems at all with the 2002 Masters of the Universe figures. The paint apps and quality of the figures were top notch. Now DCUC, from the same company, is a mess. I would guess Mattel switched because of financial reasons (the new vendors are probably cheaper), but in the end it'll cost them more because these problems aren't things you can ignore.

They've already switched vendors once in the last few months, and the previous vendor was the reason they gave for some of the problems, but they're still having the same issues. I think they need to go back to whomever made their toys in 2002.

the answers about joints and sculpts are not what im looking for. so for any of you that dont understand what im looking for now you do

so.....stuck joints doesnt fall under QC?( :wacko: ) anyway....lets just say that hasbro doesnt have many issues with QC.

i said i agree with what you said i just didnt agree that it is a lopsided question, i believe if you feel that the question is lopsided its not that the question is lopsided its that you feel one company has better qc than another which is what im trying to find out here!