G.I.Joe Series 5 Vehicles (With Larger Images)

The Wire

The vehicles all look great, but just to make note of him, that Stinger Commander looks pretty cool. I wish Hasbro would give us a single-carded Stinger Driver so that I could gather a few drivers for the Stinger Commander to command.

That Artic HISS really makes me want to go and order that Artic troops boxed set!

The vehicles all look great, but just to make note of him, that Stinger Commander looks pretty cool. I wish Hasbro would give us a single-carded Stinger Driver so that I could gather a few drivers for the Stinger Commander to command.

That Artic HISS really makes me want to go and order that Artic troops boxed set!

I guess the rumor that this wave is cancel isnt true then

Fearmongering at its worst. One site seems like it over-sold it's pre-orders. Then when there wasn't enough product to fill them all, they canceled the ones they couldn't fill.

It should have been obvious that this wasn't a widespread problem when no other site reported the cancelation. And the fact that BBTS is shipping now means whatever site made that claim had already received their shipment when they cried "cancelation!".

A bit if irony for you , Amron - It seems the only toy that was somehow saved from my youth (before I went to college and my parents gave it all away...) is that IG DEMON. Which is fine for me, as I've only got the one IG and Destro from the comic pack, but I doubt they will be getting to that era any time soon, especially with the movie coming up. Still, I wouldn't think it impossible...

A bit if irony for you , Amron - It seems the only toy that was somehow saved from my youth (before I went to college and my parents gave it all away...) is that IG DEMON. Which is fine for me, as I've only got the one IG and Destro from the comic pack, but I doubt they will be getting to that era any time soon, especially with the movie coming up. Still, I wouldn't think it impossible...

I would think the best bet would be the Tank/Helicopter thing that got remaid as part of the Joe vs Cobra line.

http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/90/dominator/

Then I'd rather nothing... the Dominator was a piece of crap.

Destro's Despoiler, the DEMON and the AGP were great vehicles at the time. But in hindsight, the IGs were a great concept with awful designs. Their status as a counterpart to Battleforce 2000 was never truly realized, and after the first year, the designs and colors went off the mark (serious, the Annihilator sucks!)

The AGP *was* released as a Con exclusive in 2005, so it's likely the mold is still out there. If Hasbro released that with a Nullifier (in proper IG colors, I'd prefer) and the Annihilator (also in IG deco), I'd be happy with that to represent Destro's army.

I would think the best bet would be the Tank/Helicopter thing that got remaid as part of the Joe vs Cobra line.

http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/90/dominator/

I have the Target Dominator.....may break down and open it. I really like the AGP, I think I'm just gonna look for one on ebay.

But in hindsight, the IGs were a great concept with awful designs. Their status as a counterpart to Battleforce 2000 was never truly realized...

So... aren't they on equal ground with BF2K, who were barely realized at all?

One of the largest disappointments I've ever had with Joes was finding out (as a teenager, long after BF2K had come and gone) that the 'Future Fortress' was little more than a design joke. I can only imagine what it was like for the kids who actually went to all the trouble. The ones I've heard from seem pretty bitter about the whole affair.

Then there's the 'shocking' and terribly lame death they were given in the comics, several years after they'd actually done anything of note (which was basically nothing to begin with). In fact, I'm pretty sure Dee-Jay's first appearance was the issue he died in. Talk about not being realized.

Fact of the matter is that when you break it down, I'm pretty sure IG got a better break than their 'counterpart'. If nothing else, TARGAT is freakin' sweet.

But in hindsight, the IGs were a great concept with awful designs. Their status as a counterpart to Battleforce 2000 was never truly realized...

One of the largest disappointments I've ever had with Joes was finding out (as a teenager, long after BF2K had come and gone) that the 'Future Fortress' was little more than a design joke. I can only imagine what it was like for the kids who actually went to all the trouble. The ones I've heard from seem pretty bitter about the whole affair.

Then there's the 'shocking' and terribly lame death they were given in the comics, several years after they'd actually done anything of note (which was basically nothing to begin with). In fact, I'm pretty sure Dee-Jay's first appearance was the issue he died in. Talk about not being realized.

Fact of the matter is that when you break it down, I'm pretty sure IG got a better break than their 'counterpart'. If nothing else, TARGAT is freakin' sweet.

I've always felt that BF2000 and IGs were a concept about 20 years before its time. The toy designers, especially the visualists, simply did not have the ideal designing environment for an idea that was remarkably prescient. BF2000 could stand some inspiration from the ( now-old) Land Warrior concepts, and thing like integrated battlefield technologies.

Example: If they design the figures to be "plugged into" the vehicles in some way that activates a feature in the vehicles then you have the "integrated tech" aspect covered.

Have things like the soldiers armoured in ablative ceramic armour, armed with LASERs or sonic weapons, or linear induction rifles......then you have beyond leading-edge combined with some literal science that can "teach" a bit to the kids.

The IG's were one step beyond that, with literal science-fiction type stuff.

But that's part of the charm of the two sub-lines.

BF2000 and the IGs had TONS of potential, which fizzled far too soon.

So... I guess we're not going to get a Night Raven release...

I like them all but the Stinger's colors still bugs me. It looks like they got the two-tone color scheme from a 1950s bowling shirt. But I'm glad they made it and included a really good figure.

I really like the HISS

I liked the concept of the T.A.R.G.A.T., but I always thought it was bizarre because it wouldn't work, a design flaw in the uniform. Every T.AR.G.A.T. would probably explode going through re-entry due to the BELT OF GRENADES around their waists.

One interesting note about the IG vehicles is that, if we were to see rereleases, it would be interesting to see what changes Hasbro would make to them, like all the other vehicles. Could be interesting.

I liked the concept of the T.A.R.G.A.T., but I always thought it was bizarre because it wouldn't work, a design flaw in the uniform. Every T.AR.G.A.T. would probably explode going through re-entry due to the BELT OF GRENADES around their waists.

One interesting note about the IG vehicles is that, if we were to see rereleases, it would be interesting to see what changes Hasbro would make to them, like all the other vehicles. Could be interesting.

I do not know about all of you, but I just received word from BBTS HASBRO has canceled wave 5, therefore they have canceled the preorders. This is what i got:

Hi - Hasbro has just informed us that this item has been cancelled, and as a result they will not be able to fill our orders. We apologize for the inconvenience. We have cancelled all preorders and removed the item from our site.

this was for wave 5. I find it interesting this info comes out AFTER the last series of Q & A for this year. Bumber.......

Yeah, it looks like this is legit.

At first it was just Entertainment Earth, as I noted above, and it looked like a simple pre-order problem.

But now, for some reason, BBTS has had it's order cancelled as well. A week after Hasbro released large pics of the wave, and a day after Hasbro released its latest round of Q&As.

Sucks, honestly, but stuff gets cancelled all the time. Hasbro will find another way to get these things in stores.

But now, for some reason, BBTS has had it's order cancelled as well. A week after Hasbro released large pics of the wave, and a day after Hasbro released its latest round of Q&As.

Funny isn't it?

Funny isn't it?

Yeah. Althought now it seems someone over at the SepticTank was informed by his "sources" that Hasbro's just pulling a re-mix, switching up these set with older product, probably because they can't move Waves 2 and 3 into stores, and there's a back-up at the warehouse level.

Resoliciting Waves, 3, 4, and 5 together in different case assortments might alleviate the glut that was caused with Wave 1.

Funny isn't it?

Yeah. Althought now it seems someone over at the SepticTank was informed by his "sources" that Hasbro's just pulling a re-mix, switching up these set with older product, probably because they can't move Waves 2 and 3 into stores, and there's a back-up at the warehouse level.

Resoliciting Waves, 3, 4, and 5 together in different case assortments might alleviate the glut that was caused with Wave 1.

Could be. Me, I'd bank on a store exclusive to see these guys.

But what do I know?