DC FIGURES IN ACTION

pooda

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my second version of "At Home with the Joker"

I added in the stage from the Buffy Demon Karaoke guy and removed the MS DR. Doom base.

First, here is some attention to the detail.

P1110678.jpg

P1110680.jpg

and here are some shots with just the LED lights on.

"Harley, lets go kidnap J Leno and show him what STAND UP IS REALLY ALL ABOUT!!!

WOO HA HA HA HA!!!

P1110673.jpg

P1110668.jpg

P1110660.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My latest video on YouTube explains where I got the junk to make my latest diorama. I explain where I got the various parts for my latest diorama to give you an idea how you too can use junk to make something cool without spending any money except for paint and glue. parts include a scanner top for the base, a toy oven door for a window, and a microwavable container for a door! By collecting found objects from broken toys, electronic devices, package materials, and other things people just throw away you can amass an abundant supply of useful diorama fodder and be inspired by one piece to create a whole action figure scene! The toy oven door was my inspiration for the Lex Luther Superman capture cell! Let your imagination free! Don't be afraid to try things out. This hobby is cheap-I am recycling trash! I usually just take the things apart once I photograph them and re-use useful pieces. Some dioramas are 3rd or 4th generation walls and floors re-done and re-purposed. Ask your friends to save interesting junk for you too. My oldest daughter and her husband and my RN sister give me junk all the time. Even my wife finds stuff for me! As the Nike commercial says" Just do it!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

...and since anyone with a keen eye would have noticed my 2 new villains at home dioramas in the background.

here is a close up them, these are a lot closer to being done than my batcave.

I have windows still to put in for the Madhatter's Brainwash Teaparty and I'm still a little iffy about this one it isn't quite right.

P1110761.jpg

P1110759.jpg

This one is definitely almost done I just have to anchor everything down.

This is called:

Twoface, Cought Between an Angel and a Succubus

P1110753.jpg

P1110752.jpg

P1110755.jpg

Sorry about the Emma Frost pictures I ran out of time to finish this today.

...and since anyone with a keen eye would have noticed my 2 new villains at home dioramas in the background.

here is a close up them, these are a lot closer to being done than my batcave.

I have windows still to put in for the Madhatter's Brainwash Teaparty and I'm still a little iffy about this one it isn't quite right.

P1110761.jpg

P1110759.jpg

This one is definitely almost done I just have to anchor everything down.

This is called:

Twoface, Cought Between an Angel and a Succubus

P1110753.jpg

P1110752.jpg

P1110755.jpg

Sorry about the Emma Frost pictures I ran out of time to finish this today.

I really like how you put Two-Face at the break between light and dark!

Thanks! Skphile

When I was working on the Madhatter Dio the Twoface thing just came to me, I don't know why I didn't think of it before. I was aiming for something closer to the Batman Forever movie but I had all this dollhouse stuff I keep finding at Resale stores and just went with it.

I actually spent less time putting the idea together then the Madhatter Dio.

Batcave Diorama Armory

I just finished this and took the pictures where I made everything. This is not the finished product, I have 2 more Batman Bruce Wayne Mansion parts to use, I just have to Paint them. When complete there will be 3 main bases 2 with a batarang cabinet and bat suit

and 1 for Robin.

P1110827.jpg

P1110828.jpg

P1110825.jpg

P1110826.jpg

Batcave Diorama Batlab equipment and tables.

P1110836.jpg

P1110833.jpg

P1110832.jpg

P1110839.jpg

P1110837.jpg

PS I'm sorry about the hot glue and little tinges of blue you might see peeking out behind the batarangs from the Stic Tac but these are first shots and they help me to pick out those minor faults and correct them later. Lots of touch ups to do still.

Hope you guys enjoyed this, still a long way to go.

What did you use to make the lab tables?

Batcave Diorama Batlab equipment and tables.

P1110836.jpg

P1110833.jpg

P1110832.jpg

P1110839.jpg

P1110837.jpg

PS I'm sorry about the hot glue and little tinges of blue you might see peeking out behind the batarangs from the Stic Tac but these are first shots and they help me to pick out those minor faults and correct them later. Lots of touch ups to do still.

Hope you guys enjoyed this, still a long way to go.

Hi Skphile,

The tables are from the 1990 Toybiz Batcave, computer console platform, walkway and trapdoor thingy.

They were blue and I painted them black about 18 years ago.

The legs are from Marvel Spider-Man & Friends 3D Memory Match-Up Game, they are the cups from it just glued together. Scored those in a little bag of junk from Value Village a day after I decided the the lightsaber hilts I was using were to tall.

It's amazing how good finding stuff like that makes me feel.

By the way did you notice the Wall-e figures I used on one of the tables?

Hey, why don't you show off some of your Batcave stuff, like your bat lathe, bat lab, and bat armory (to name a few) they are all truly awesome. Crap, for that matter I am confident you have a whole bat cave somewhere in your house!

Where do you get all your electronic fodder from? I noticed you use a lot of parts from radios, tv's and stuff like that. I've thought about trying to use parts like these but I keep finding cool plastic junk in resale shops from old toys and what not.

I wouldn't even know where to start on building something like your bat lathe.

I'll be honest, you've given me a lot of inspiration in the past year since I discovered your pictures.

I was also wondering about something else, do you have any photos of your whole room?

I see bits and pieces, lots of dioramas but never the whole room, or two? The closest I've seen as far as big displays go is your custom Catwoman vehicle/Batmobile shelf.

As of right now I have two rooms, one for Superheroes and one for Star Wars, the Star Wars room needs a lot of work and I am pretty overwhelmed by it but I will get in there and clear a path, one day.

Sorry, I'm a little long winded today.

Thanks for the info! I, too, get excited at finding useful junk and sometimes one piece inspires a whole new diorama.

My collection has filled my basement and half the garage. In the basement I use almost every space- a paint room, a hallway, and three small rooms and a main room. One room is filled with dioramas, one is the project room, one my computer room and one a supply room. In the garage I have a photo table and some larger dioramas and fodder. My WEBSHOTS page has some pics of some of this. Only a video would really show how massive my collection and fodder has become. Now I usually take dioramas apart after photos since storage is an issue and re-use is fun!

I have reached my global limit on this site so I can't post any pics. My WEBSHOTS page and YouTube has most of my pics and vids.

I have a plan for a Batcave diorama but where to build and display it right now is a problem. You have seen my Batmobile Batcave of sorts on WEBSHOTS.

My electronic fodder comes from taking apart the junk I find dumped by the road near my house-I have taken apart everything from toasters to air hockey tables. Old television sets are my main source and I have dismantled more than ten. I do not encourage this for others since there are several safety issues like shock and picture tube implosion! I have become so good at taking TVs apart that I can break apart the screen without damage to the inner metal screen but it is very dangerous! My goal is to avoid spending any money on parts except for paint and glue. I try to avoid most pre-molded stuff since I like the total custom look.

I am happy you have found inspiration by seeing my efforts. To me the building is all the fun and using odd things is the challenge-like MacGyver!

Hi Skphile,

The tables are from the 1990 Toybiz Batcave, computer console platform, walkway and trapdoor thingy.

The legs are from Marvel Spider-Man & Friends 3D Memory Match-Up Game, they are the cups from it just glued together. Scored those in a little bag of junk from Value Village a day after I decided the the lightsaber hilts I was using were to tall.

Hey, why don't you show off some of your Batcave stuff, like your bat lathe, bat lab, and bat armory (to name a few) they are all truly awesome. Crap, for that matter I am confident you have a whole bat cave somewhere in your house!

Where do you get all your electronic fodder from? I noticed you use a lot of parts from radios, tv's and stuff like that. I've thought about trying to use parts like these but I keep finding cool plastic junk in resale shops from old toys and what not.

I'll be honest, you've given me a lot of inspiration in the past year since I discovered your pictures.

I was also wondering about something else, do you have any photos of your whole room?

I see bits and pieces, lots of dioramas but never the whole room, or two? The closest I've seen as far as big displays go is your custom Catwoman vehicle/Batmobile shelf.

As of right now I have two rooms, one for Superheroes and one for Star Wars, the Star Wars room needs a lot of work and I am pretty overwhelmed by it but I will get in there and clear a path, one day.

On page 12 of my Deviantart page you can see some pics of my project room and my diorama room.

Hi Skphile,