This is just going to bug me FOREVER...

Magic 8 Ball

So I just picked up the Arise, Serpentor, Arise DVD pack (yes, just now). Good set. Nothing outstanding about it, but I feel I got my $20 out of it. However...

This is the first time that I've been able to handle the new BAT, as I've never even SEEN one at retail. Why, exactly, can he only store two of his three hand attachments on his backpack? I may have missed one or two versions of the BAT over the years, but I'm pretty sure that this is the first time that we haven't been treated to storage space for every piece.

It's just terribly aggravating to me, because one of the things I've been loving about this line is all the holsters and sheaths and such that allow for (nearly) everything to have it's place, barring the rifles and such that should be hand-held. Here's a figure that never had an issue with 'unstored' parts, and Hasbro turned it into one. The irony is not lost on me, but is no less annoying.

On top of that, he has the FANG bazooka commonly attributed to the HEAT-Viper, which he holds upside-down in the box. Not a huge problem... except that the 'FANG' on the side has been sculpted upside-down! The resculpt suggests that this massive cannon is shoulder-fired, when it is and always has been carried under-arm fashion... ARGH!

It's a safe bet that whoever sculpted this probably had the old one in front of them. For whatever reason, it was decided that it hadn't been done right previously, despite the ease with which nearly any reference picture would have verified the proper design and the reasoning behind it. Come on now, it doesn't have any sort of shoulder rest! This mistake just screams of someone making an assumption rather than asking a question.

Sigh... it's not a big deal. It's not a big deal. Breathe in, breathe out...

It's minor. I know that. I adore the new BAT and I'm even more jealous than I was before of everyone who has been able to find single-carded examples. It's just really frustrating when something is 99% awesome, then botches that last one percent.

I feel you with the silliness. But I do see why: if you could fit all 3 of those much larger attachments accross the back how ridiciulous would the way fatter back pack look?

Regardless of lack of storage space. I'm a big fan of the BAT. The fang cannon just made it's way into the 'spare parts' bin for me.