Custom 3 3/4 Well of Souls

Stay_Dread

Thanks again!

I call it the Ark Ceremony. I made that one before the new figures were released. I wasn't too happy with how it turned out, so I might make it again now that I have loads of new Nazi figures.

I could have used that Ark Ghost figure that Hasbro had planned to make, though.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I've been making the Anubis statues out of 12 inch GI Joes. I tried sculpting the heads, but stalled a little because I'm not much of a sculptor. So instead I bought four cheap plastic dragons and cut the heads off.

CIMG6831.jpg

I modded the heads to use on the statues. Here's one of them with the first stage of the headdress added.

CIMG6867.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Been working on the Well of Souls again, and thought I'd post some photos to show how I made it in case anyone wants to do their own version.

I made the structure out of strips of greyboard, then I downloaded loads of Egyptian pics off the internet and used them to make decals. I just swapped the figures around in different combinations to make a range of different tiles.

tile1.jpg

Got to have one tile with Artoo and Threepio on:

tiledroids.jpg

The decals are all black and white, and I printed them on coloured paper to save on coloured ink. I'm not totally happy with the colour, but it was the best I could find.

tilesheet4.jpg

I glued all the decals onto the walls, which took awhile, but it was easy enough. I haven't painted the statues at this stage, which is why it looks like a gay gym.

CIMG5458.jpg

CIMG5460.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

An update on the Anubis statues. I bought four 12" GI Joe figures, cut off their heads and spray painted them black. For the heads I'm using modded dragon heads. The headresses are made from textured card to give the shape, with air-drying clay added to fill them out and hold them in place.

CIMG6888.jpg

CIMG6889.jpg

CIMG6890.jpg

Here it is with the kilt started. Still needs some black paint around the neck.

CIMG6921.jpg

• 3 months later...

Working on the Well of Souls again. I decided to make the crate that Indy puts the Ark in. Made it out of wooden sticks from Starbucks.

CIMG7454.jpg

I scanned photos of the crate into the computer and printed them out to make decals. Here are the photos if you want to use them.

crate000.jpg

CIMG7456.jpg

Crate with the decals added:

CIMG7459.jpg

CIMG7463.jpg

Still got to add some hooks so it can be carried on poles. I might also stain the wood so it matches the decal better.

• 2 weeks later...