DCUC canceled?

Pluvsjazzs

Due to the recent quality issues Mattel has recently recalled wave 5 DCUC figures sold exclusivly through WalMarts. If you havn't seen them in stores chances are YOU WONT!

check back for further information concerning this.

Considering that they have three waves in the can outside of Wave 5 (Wave 8 is on pre-order as well as Waves 6 and 7), I doubt the whole line is canceled. I wouldn't object to Mattel putting Wave 5 out to everybody in order to make some cash, however.

If it's true it doesn't surprise me. Still haven't seen any of these in "the wild" since wave 2. Yawn, it gets cancelled because the quality sucks. Seems like Mattel is half assing these. Oh well, I would have liked continuing to buy these, but when I don't see any in store already, and every other wave is recalled due to quality issues, it's hard for me to care at this point.

I agree with the point that we don't have any solid evidence of this right now. I saw a TRU with a Batman Beyond in it today. I hit four in the Metro Detroit area and while they were short on the Classics series, they had plenty of Infinite Heroes (sets and single figures) and those new dual-packs that click or something. On top of this, DCUC is still available on various Meijer stores in this area which is where I have personally picked up Waves 1, 2 and 3 outright, including some variants. Yes, even Harley Quinn, Aquaman, and Black Manta.

So DCUCs like to sell. I still see a few Targets around here that have plenty of Wave 1 and 3 on the shelves. The problem is that they sell really well compared to Marvel Legends (which I see a ton of Hasbro Wave 2 and 3 at Meijer on a daily basis for sale) and probably cannot keep up with demand. Now IF Mattel has done anything to Wave 5--which I haven't even seen placeholders for at any Walmart in my area--it might be to ship it everywhere so it can sell to the disgruntled fans. But even here, I'm guessing.

Do we have any proof? I'd love to see Wave 5 everywhere, but right now I really doubt the DCUC are gone. Especially since they have three more series coming!

Due to the recent quality issues Mattel has recently recalled wave 5 DCUC figures sold exclusivly through WalMarts. If you havn't seen them in stores chances are YOU WONT!

If you are going to post "breaking news" like this, you should disclose your source so that we can make our own assumptions. To start a thread saying "DCUC canceled?" is far too much of an attention getter. Nothing at this point is based on any fact. <_<

If you are going to post "breaking news" like this, you should disclose your source so that we can make our own assumptions. To start a thread saying "DCUC canceled?" is far too much of an attention getter. Nothing at this point is based on any fact. <_<

I agree thats why i asked where this is comeing from.

I agree thats why i asked where this is comeing from.

We will find out sooner or later, otherwise unfounded rumors on TNI tend to get locked.

As stated, your attempt to rile up a community such as this one with an empty announcement such as that is niether warranted nor appropriate. If you have evidence (or source) of such a breaking development (and extrapolation, for that matter) by all means, please include it with your post, for without it, your claim is baseless and will not be taken seriously.

And if this news is true, I have no doubt Mattel will correct whatever the fault is, and proceed to release the line anew. So please, if you have a link to the (reliable) source, go ahead and post it so there is no confusion.

But I think it's too late to cancel Wave 6. Come on, it's going to be out before year's end. Geez.

The year is ending next month!

I really doubt we'll see Wave 6 before then ...except maybe in the Phillipines or somewhere like that.

I thought I saw that as the date when I pre-ordered it at Cornerstorecomics. I'll doublecheck on that. I'm probably wrong.

its funny before they had to switch suppliers because some stupid reason maybe the paint or the speed they were producing the figures and the new supplier was gonna fix everthing but then figures had missing joints, locked joints, bad paint, no distribution, missing accessories/c&c parts, 2 of the same arms/legs, and the list goes on i could see these being cancelled and possibly being put on matty where you buy full sets or just single figures but most likely full sets. GO MATTEL oh wait YOU SUCK!

Im going to lock this thread up until we can get some solid confirmation on the info given here.

Hell I just got home for work when I get amessage about this

LOL Hell I was going to do the same HardRockBatman until I seen you got here first :P I totally agree with you

Until we proof this thread will remain closed