New comic packs sighted!

ChrisFields

Wave 7 comic packs appeared in Wal-Mart tonight here in Florida. I'm not really sure on the distribution schedule Hasbro follows, but I just thought I'd give you guys the heads up. Usually Florida's one of the last to get the latest waves.

The Iron Grenadier & Viper pack is great and I'm loving it!

Fred CC VS Gung-Ho is okay, nothing really different other than the different head for Fred...sorry for the ryhmes.

Good luck with your searches!

Wave 7 comic packs appeared in Wal-Mart tonight here in Florida. I'm not really sure on the distribution schedule Hasbro follows, but I just thought I'd give you guys the heads up. Usually Florida's one of the last to get the latest waves.

Fred CC VS Gung-Ho is okay, nothing really different other than the different head for Fred...sorry for the ryhmes.

What hands does the Viper have?

What hands does the Viper have?

Unfortunately, he has the same hands as the single carded version. I mostly got it because I wanted an Iron Grenadier without having to deal with another Destro. Besides, you can never have too many Vipers, even if their hands do suck...

Unfortunately, he has the same hands as the single carded version.

Ouch! This is going to disappoint a lot of people.

Tell me about it, I'm one of them!

maybe i've missed something but i've not seen any pics of the viper IG pack, are these the same figs? what comic does it come with? same gear? i would very much appreciate the info as i love both of the figs viper's hands can be fixed with old jvc hands and paint.

maybe i've missed something but i've not seen any pics of the viper IG pack, are these the same figs? what comic does it come with? same gear? i would very much appreciate the info as i love both of the figs viper's hands can be fixed with old jvc hands and paint.

They are the same figs and they come with the same accessories. They comic #86 the first (at least I think it is) appearance of Joe Colton. Hope that helps!

Regardless of the Viper's hands, the IG trooper & Viper pack still looks like a nice set to me.

I love troop builder sets like this. I have to give Hasbro some credit here. They could've been greedy and packed either of these guys with a solo character like they did with the IG Destro. This time they give us the opportunity to troop build two different armies without also amassing legions of Destro clones.

I wouldn't mind seeing them go this route again with the regular Cobra Trooper (black mask this time) and the Crimson Guard.

thanks for the pic, not online enough to keep up anymore!

I want at least 1 of the army builder pack, the other two are indeed laughable. who wants a fig w/o articulation? (deep six) and why another rnr but not v2?

thanks for the pic, not online enough to keep up anymore!

I want at least 1 of the army builder pack, the other two are indeed laughable. who wants a fig w/o articulation? (deep six) and why another rnr but not v2?

No prob.

Actually I'm into these:

-Deep Six:I kinda wanted Deep Six since he is another charcter, and I'm not crazy about the SRO version, but couldn't justify buying yet another SHARC for him (I hate that vehicle). Yes he's basically a block, but that is his signature look.

- Rock N' Roll: I like him, sure it's not his 'classic' look or his v2 look but I think it works, he'll be taking his predecessors spot ot the shelf for sure, probably give him wave 6's gun and ammo belt, I've always had his knife replaced with one from a spare Snake Eyes (I like the colours better) and that will be the same here. I'll most likley replace his waist belt as well.

- Cobra Comander / Fred VII: I like many others already thought of swapping out his repainted Beachhead head with one of the Crimson Guard heads:

SA400268.jpg

The only problem is that you get a bobble head effect due to the ball joint not being the right size as the socket for the Fred head. It's an easy fix, but I never got around to it. I'm assuming (hoping) that'll be corrected. I'll use this guy for parts swapping at the very least.

Side note: Why Hasbro can't create all of the joints and pegs the same size is beyond me. I can understand on a charcter like Scarlett or Lady Jaye, but c'mon!

- Gung-Ho: Doot-doot-do-do-doo I'm lovin' it! Again, not his signature colours, but I think they work better, and it takes care of that weird pale complextion he had. A guy who never wears a shirt ought to have a tan! This guys replacing v1 Gung-Ho on the shelf too.

- Viper / IG: Who could comlain about an army builder pack?

Thats right, I walked into to Wal-Mart this afternoon and what did I see the new comic packs.

These are the Deep Six & Rock & Roll, Iron Grenidier & Cobra Viper, and Battle Armor Cobra Commander & Gung Ho.

So I'm letting you all know that these are out now. ~~~MOD EDIT~~~ cost $9.88 at retail. ~~~MOD EDIT~~~

~~~MOD EDIT~~~

~~~MOD EDIT~~~

~~~MOD EDIT~~~

~~~MOD EDIT~~~

~~~MOD EDIT~~~

I saw them and passed.. I am just not into any of them.

I might go ahead and grab the rock n roll someday... but I really don't care. I only like his V2 look.

I grabbed the wave 6 packs a long time ago at KOHLS. Scrap Iron is cool, and BeachHead/Mainframe were both interesting enough to pickup

I found the hard master and snake eyes comic pack today. The top of the card was bent but i picked it up anyway its pretty nice. What wave is it from?

that is from wave 6.

Wave 6 is:

Hard Master and Snake Eyes in training gear (Storm shadow/Red Ninja/Ninja Ku mold)

Beach Head (new vest that is closer to the RAH figure and new head with half mask) and Data Frame (1985 Mainframe)

Scrap Iron and Wild Bill (blue/orange toon colors and a helmet)

Wave 7 is:

DeepSix (slight repaint of the wave 2 vehicle figure) and Rock n Roll (new flint sleeves, and a camo pattern on his legs)

Cobra Commander (slight repaint of the Battle Armor figure) and Gung Ho (repainted in green/brown camo)

Iron Grenadier and Viper (both appear to be straight repacks)

Regardless of the Viper's hands, the IG trooper & Viper pack still looks like a nice set to me.

I love troop builder sets like this. I have to give Hasbro some credit here. They could've been greedy and packed either of these guys with a solo character like they did with the IG Destro. This time they give us the opportunity to troop build two different armies without also amassing legions of Destro clones.

I wouldn't mind seeing them go this route again with the regular Cobra Trooper (black mask this time) and the Crimson Guard.

We can't give them THAT much credit seeing as how the already put out both figures. that way. What's more disappointing then the fact they didn't fix the hands on the Viper (understandable) is the fact I think most people that WANTED to army build the Iron Grenadier already got them WITH all those extra Destros. This kinda seems like a slap in the face when they could included a plethora of other characters in that pack.

found these a couple weeks ago but I thought I had missed hard master & mainframe packs. has anyone found those?

I just saw these last night at Kohls, if you have one in your area, check there.. if not and you can get some extra Resolute Duke and Resolute troopers, I'll trade you 2 figs for 2packs ;)