Golden Age?

fisticuffs

I think that the new Dr. Fate in series 8 is a start, but what other Golden Age characters would you all like to see made in DCUC?

Mine are:

1. Rex Tyler Hourman

2. Ted Knight Starman

3. Sandman (could easily re-use the Riddler Body with a new head, hat gun and cape)

4. Alan Scott Green Lantern

5. Jay Garrick Flash

I took Series 7 Atom Smasher BAF as a sign that the JSA might finally get some love. And if the leaked Walmart list isn't a fraud, we might be getting a Wildcat as well. And if DCUC is doing JSA, that's a good sign they're going to visit the Golden Age big time.

I would love to see the JSA. Golden Age and Modern. As far as more from the Golden era? I don't really think DCUC will go that way just yet, but someday down the line, that'd be great! The Dr Fate that's coming out that I think you're talking about is actually probably a Crisis-era version, not necessarily Golden. We'll see for sure when they pick who is wearing the mask on the synopsis on the card. Same could be said for Hawkman and Girl. They could be either Golden or Crisis. (when I say Crisis, I guess I mean 80's or Bronze?)

Ideally, I think I'd be happy with just about anyone I don't already have from DCD. At least until I win the lottery or something.

I want to see a classic robin to go along side my batman. And I know they have the MM line for batman but I would kinda like to see the new suit bats in this line

You mean like the DCD Silver Age box set version? (and the New Teen Titans version, too, I guess - pretty much the same) But with the DCUC poseability? Sounds good. Especially to go with the DCUC wave 1 'Detective' Batman. Actually, something like that may not be out of the question for the new DCD History line.

I want to see a classic robin to go along side my batman. And I know they have the MM line for batman but I would kinda like to see the new suit bats in this line

You mean like the DCD Silver Age box set version? (and the New Teen Titans version, too, I guess - pretty much the same) But with the DCUC poseability? Sounds good. Especially to go with the DCUC wave 1 'Detective' Batman. Actually, something like that may not be out of the question for the new DCD History line.

Yea I mean like the Box set which i have by the way, But with the Style of DCUC. I think it would go well with the DCUC batman from wave 1

Yea I mean like the Box set which i have by the way, But with the Style of DCUC. I think it would go well with the DCUC batman from wave 1

Yep, that's what I figured you meant. I would not rule that out as far as Mattel goes, the only consideration would be he might be thought of as a little...fey. To put it lightly. Meaning the version they released has no question as to his masculinity, but as in the past, some kid running around in hot pant and elf boots might seem a little 'light in the loafers', as it were. Which would bring up the whole Batman/Robin relationship again. Mattel might be looking to avoid that, but I could see him popping up somewhere down the line, seeing as how that version is the classic. And how they are currently working the Teen Titans aspect of the universe as much as the Justice League.

Yep, that's what I figured you meant. I would not rule that out as far as Mattel goes, the only consideration would be he might be thought of as a little...fey. To put it lightly. Meaning the version they released has no question as to his masculinity, but as in the past, some kid running around in hot pant and elf boots might seem a little 'light in the loafers', as it were. Which would bring up the whole Batman/Robin relationship again. Mattel might be looking to avoid that, but I could see him popping up somewhere down the line, seeing as how that version is the classic. And how they are currently working the Teen Titans aspect of the universe as much as the Justice League.

Only a holes have ever brought up the batman and robin being gay thing to make it out more than it was. I.v had many guy friends and hung out with them just about everyday but when it came time to take care of business of the female kind they were no where around. And how many of us have had male roomates that don't mean we are gay. This is a classic line and robin in his old outfit is classic granted not the best outfit but I would have rather seen it befor the moden version that came out

Only a holes have ever brought up the batman and robin being gay thing to make it out more than it was. I.v had many guy friends and hung out with them just about everyday but when it came time to take care of business of the female kind they were no where around. And how many of us have had male roomates that don't mean we are gay. This is a classic line and robin in his old outfit is classic granted not the best outfit but I would have rather seen it befor the moden version that came out

Are you calling me an a-hole?

Are you calling me an a-hole?

No, im calling the ones who would bring up something like that if they made a simple figure of classic robin that. So far as i know you only said some people would bring it up. You didn't say it yourself

That's what I figured, but I wanted to be sure. You took me the right way. There are STILL people who will always bring that up. I figure given time between the two releases, that negative connotation would be aleviated. And I'm not even sure anyone WOULD say anything, but as far as the corporate (ie Mattel) mentality goes, best just to avoid the situation altogether. However, these ARE changing times, so that's why I am not ruling out the idea altogether.

Hell, you put a Casey Kasem voice chip in that thing, and I'll be all over it like white on un-peed upon snow!

That's what I figured, but I wanted to be sure. You took me the right way. There are STILL people who will always bring that up. I figure given time between the two releases, that negative connotation would be aleviated. And I'm not even sure anyone WOULD say anything, but as far as the corporate (ie Mattel) mentality goes, best just to avoid the situation altogether. However, these ARE changing times, so that's why I am not ruling out the idea altogether.

Hell, you put a Casey Kasem voice chip in that thing, and I'll be all over it like white on un-peed upon snow!

LOL i hear ya. Did he do the voice of robin?

Are you kidding me?!? That guy is the King of Voice-over! At one point I figured that might be the way to go for a career, even! (I have a very good voice, but I smoke, and the work isn't too consistant unless you are famous, like Tara Strong) He's Norville 'Shaggy' Roberts from 'Scooby-Doo', Alexander from 'Josie and the Pussycats', Robin from 'SuperFriends', Mark from 'Battle of the Planets', and Cliffjumper and Bluestreak from 'Transformers'. And that was just the 80's! He's still the only voice Shaggy EVER had on any rendition of Scooby-doo, even to the current shows and movies! (With the exception of the most excellent Matthew Lillard, who plays <only> the live-action Shaggy in the movies.

Sorry, got a little bit o' idol worship there.

Are you kidding me?!? That guy is the King of Voice-over! At one point I figured that might be the way to go for a career, even! (I have a very good voice, but I smoke, and the work isn't too consistant unless you are famous, like Tara Strong) He's Norville 'Shaggy' Roberts from 'Scooby-Doo', Alexander from 'Josie and the Pussycats', Robin from 'SuperFriends', Mark from 'Battle of the Planets', and Cliffjumper and Bluestreak from 'Transformers'. And that was just the 80's! He's still the only voice Shaggy EVER had on any rendition of Scooby-doo, even to the current shows and movies! (With the exception of the most excellent Matthew Lillard, who plays <only> the live-action Shaggy in the movies.

Sorry, got a little bit o' idol worship there.

I know he did the shag man but i didn't know the others and its been many years since i'v watched superfriends or the old transformes

I'm glad you two didn't fight, but considering your avatars, it would have been hilarious. ;)

That said, maybe they can considering putting out a JSA superpack for the Golden Age?

I hear ya I guess it would have been funny.

Who would you want to see in the superpack?