DC Universe Classics Wave 4 Quality Issues

asurmac

I guess I lucked out. The only problems with the case I got through CSC is that Ares had his biceps flipped. I wouldn't even have noticed this if it wasn't a common occurrence. I was able to pop them off and swap the left and the right with minimal hassle. I'll have to look at my figs more carefully to see if there are any other problems. I have had problems with slightly warped knees and loose joints in the past two waves tho.

You can usually return an item to a large retailer without a receipt for store credit. So if you shop at Target or Walmart regularly, it's as good as refunded.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what i would do is keep them and as i find a replacement in the store i would bring the other one back to get my money back (providing you didnt open them)

The thing about that is the bar code has to match. Both the figure box and the receipt

Not only that, but it also kinda screws over the other fans and collectors in the area. I would tack on damaging the packaging to that recommendation so the store in question would have no other choice than to return the product to Mattel, ergo, getting it out of their system at the same time as causing a need for replenishment at the store level, while keeping said defective product off the pegs for someone else (like me) to come across. Yeah, that's the ticket! Not exactly 100% honest, but I guess given the way things work, the safest for all.

I know this would probably be difficult or impossible for collectors, but I think we need to seriously consider BOYCOTTING this line until mattel addresses our grievances regarding the quality and availability of these figures. Honestly I just purchased a black lightning off of ebay because i'm pretty sure I'll never see him in stores and surprise surprise, two left feet, frozen left arm joint, frozen left hip joint. Last week I got a shipment of wave 4, and 3 out of the 6 figures were defective. This is unacceptable and in my opinion and i'm sure in the opinion of many other collectors is a disaster. I've never collected a line with this many defects before and i'm seriously considering giving up on this line.

Does anyone else think we need to BOYCOTT this line?

I know this would probably be difficult or impossible for collectors, but I think we need to seriously consider BOYCOTTING this line until mattel addresses our grievances regarding the quality and availability of these figures. Honestly I just purchased a black lightning off of ebay because i'm pretty sure I'll never see him in stores and surprise surprise, two left feet, frozen left arm joint, frozen left hip joint. Last week I got a shipment of wave 4, and 3 out of the 6 figures were defective. This is unacceptable and in my opinion and i'm sure in the opinion of many other collectors is a disaster. I've never collected a line with this many defects before and i'm seriously considering giving up on this line.

Does anyone else think we need to BOYCOTT this line?

I also hate to say this but yes i agree 100%

I received my case yesterday to and it is full of flaws and errors. Now I order 4 sets, 2 early on and 2 now. The first set was fine but this set was riddled with errors and it was all in 1 case.

Batman Beyond - Paint chips in the chest symbol and belt, legs are stuck

Wonder Woman - Leg is stuck, different color legs

Despero - The knee link is loose and ready to come out the socket

Cyborg - Arm came off but easily connected back on, wrist won't turn on the left arm

Ares - Front of the helmet piece came off, easily snapped into place but still.

Captain Atom - No problems

I only opened 1 of the 2 new cases so I have no idea regarding the other.

It is amazing that Mattel was supposed to fix this and distribution but in truth it has only gotten worse. I never had any errors on the DCSH.

I honestly wish they would start makeing thses things here in the US. We need the jobs and I know we could do better than whats going on over seas. Any one else agree

Right there with you pal, the reinvestment into our country would create jobs that in turn would put more money back into the system

I must say though as far as wave 3 the worst thing that happened was Sinestro, whose lower torso came apart. It is simple enough to put back together but I don't want to risk gluing the leg joint. Its a mess, the worst part of all this is that, these were supposed to be better in quality than DCSH, a line in which I never ran into bad paints, joints, or anything. The plastic used is not as bad as say classic toy biz ML (they broke all the time) but improvement is needed.

I received my case yesterday to and it is full of flaws and errors. Now I order 4 sets, 2 early on and 2 now. The first set was fine but this set was riddled with errors and it was all in 1 case.

Batman Beyond - Paint chips in the chest symbol and belt, legs are stuck

Wonder Woman - Leg is stuck, different color legs

Despero - The knee link is loose and ready to come out the socket

Cyborg - Arm came off but easily connected back on, wrist won't turn on the left arm

Ares - Front of the helmet piece came off, easily snapped into place but still.

Captain Atom - No problems

I only opened 1 of the 2 new cases so I have no idea regarding the other.

It is amazing that Mattel was supposed to fix this and distribution but in truth it has only gotten worse. I never had any errors on the DCSH.

I honestly wish they would start makeing thses things here in the US. We need the jobs and I know we could do better than whats going on over seas. Any one else agree

Right there with you pal, the reinvestment into our country would create jobs that in turn would put more money back into the system

Its like this.. Why pay to ship it over there have them make it poorly pay to ship it back and pay for dock fees and all that when it could be made right here in the u s of frickin a. With a decent quality. And thank you for agreeing

I think mattel should start stamping the figure parts with little codes , like an L for left leg, R for right leg. It seems like the factory workers are having a really hard time telling them apart. Must be all the fumes in the factory or something.

I finally found the KB Exclusive Batman Beyond only to discover it's missing the mask in his hand and the Despero piece.

well that may be from some @$$clown coming in and seeing it thinking oh cool i need the piece either carefully taking out the despero piece, or just ripping it open i see it all the time with marvel legends where the baf piece is gone not usually the accessory maybe the mask would fall out while the despero piece was being removed. its not likely that a toy company i know its mattel we are talking about but i find it hard to believe that they would screw up enough to actually forget 2 things for 1 figure but then again its good ol dependable quality figure company mattel.

Well, Cornerstore says right on their website that they won't take back opened product, but they sent me this today

Hi Rob,

We are very sorry to hear you received a defective case of figures. Thank you for supplying the pictures of the defective figures. We will arrange a replacement case which we will inspect before shipping. It sounds like some of the cases we received ended up with some serious defects. I will contact you with instructions for return of the defective case once we have the replacement set and ready to ship.

Thanks!

Ryan Young

Office Administrator

Very cool of them.

Well, Cornerstore says right on their website that they won't take back opened product, but they sent me this today

Hi Rob,

We are very sorry to hear you received a defective case of figures. Thank you for supplying the pictures of the defective figures. We will arrange a replacement case which we will inspect before shipping. It sounds like some of the cases we received ended up with some serious defects. I will contact you with instructions for return of the defective case once we have the replacement set and ready to ship.

Thanks!

Ryan Young

Office Administrator

Very cool of them.

they must have been getting alot of complantes from others about cases

I finally found the KB Exclusive Batman Beyond only to discover it's missing the mask in his hand and the Despero piece.

well that may be from some @$$clown coming in and seeing it thinking oh cool i need the piece either carefully taking out the despero piece, or just ripping it open i see it all the time with marvel legends where the baf piece is gone not usually the accessory maybe the mask would fall out while the despero piece was being removed. its not likely that a toy company i know its mattel we are talking about but i find it hard to believe that they would screw up enough to actually forget 2 things for 1 figure but then again its good ol dependable quality figure company mattel.

That's what I thought at first. But, the figure is still carded and I arrived just as the store opened. So either Mattel did a double screw-up or the store manager did an amazing job sealing it back up.

watch out for your legs on your batman beyond's too....Mine almost ripped off from moving it forward and backward too much...thank god these are just display pieces for me or else I'd be bummed about it. I fixed it with some superglue but the joint is stuck now so I can't do any other poses with him

Well i got my kb unmasked BMB and Cyborg today from supreamqueen. since i don't open mine I dont' know if its joints are bad but I was wondering if machanies put these in packages or people. So I took my trusty flashlight to inspect it closer. I see afew hairs and I see a peice of green glitter on Batmans crotchel area. But what really got me was I see a finger print on the chest. So i guess people really do put these in packages. And there probly paid a dime per figure so thats why the QC has been so shyty. IMO

I maybe wrong but Its kinda all starting to come together for me. Useing my bat like detective skills. My cyborg looks good thank god and for the most part my batman beyond is good. But some kinda boycott is really seeming to be in order.

what i would do is keep them and as i find a replacement in the store i would bring the other one back to get my money back (providing you didnt open them)

The thing about that is the bar code has to match. Both the figure box and the receipt

there shouldnt be a problem i got a new jlu 3 pack and took an older one that was the same one with mirror master back to target that i got from a toys r us because the package was opening and i wanted mine mint on card and i had no problem.

Went to a flea market today and found the whole wave there. All I needed was Ares and Atom. The prices were great....$5 a piece. After I got home I realized the Atom package had been taped back together. Should have looked before I bought them. When I opened it, Atom's left leg fell off. Kinda pissed me off but I still got the Despero piece which was all I wanted. I may try to super glue the leg back on.

watch out for your legs on your batman beyond's too....Mine almost ripped off from moving it forward and backward too much...thank god these are just display pieces for me or else I'd be bummed about it. I fixed it with some superglue but the joint is stuck now so I can't do any other poses with him

stick any figs with stuck joints in the freezer for about 30 mins, and you should be able to unstick them.

Went to a flea market today and found the whole wave there. All I needed was Ares and Atom. The prices were great....$5 a piece. After I got home I realized the Atom package had been taped back together. Should have looked before I bought them. When I opened it, Atom's left leg fell off. Kinda pissed me off but I still got the Despero piece which was all I wanted. I may try to super glue the leg back on.

and theres another lesson we've all learned you get what you pay for

aint tht the truth. i payed retail, and ended up with a BB broken leg(got a new one), cap atom broken arm(glued it), WW broken neck, (glued it)and unmasked BB with serious paint flaking....for 52.00...yeah.....i got what i payed for.

aint tht the truth. i payed retail, and ended up with a BB broken leg(got a new one), cap atom broken arm(glued it), WW broken neck, (glued it)and unmasked BB with serious paint flaking....for 52.00...yeah.....i got what i payed for.

I see the get what you pay for at the flea market but come on now. At retail since these things have gone up and money not as easy to come by for some of us you should get better. If the mattel company is going up on price we should at least expect the damn arms and legs not to fall off or break. and the paint apps should be outstanding since they supposdly went to a new place to have them made.

I miss who ever made the dc superheroes line at least they were made better then. I never had one problem finding them or with the paint or things falling off. Well maybe finding them but it was only the black suit sups and cyborg sups. But that was only cause they only shipped them to friggin big lots.

I rarely, if ever, had toys break when I was little the way these toys break. Most of the time when my figures broke, it was because of the action feature. I can't ever recall a time when I took the figure out of the package and it broke in my hands or was already broken.

I think part of it is articulation now, but that's no excuse for shoddy workmanship.

I rarely, if ever, had toys break when I was little the way these toys break. Most of the time when my figures broke, it was because of the action feature. I can't ever recall a time when I took the figure out of the package and it broke in my hands or was already broken.

I think part of it is articulation now, but that's no excuse for shoddy workmanship.

The only toys i had break was my gi joes. But that was me putting guns and such in the hands over and over and the thumbs breaking off and the crotch area breaking but again that was after alot of play time. But for the most part your right my friend.

It was rare to just open them and the arm fall off or go to poes the leg and it snapI still have most of my toys from when i was a kid and there great other than paint wear there still just as good as when i first had them