Batman R.I.P

ExultedUnicron

the only problem i have with x-men is cyclops has another brother that has been "missing" for about 20 years and nobody knew except prof. x what kind of crap is that

I liked that story line. It was cool compared to now where the X Men have been relocated to San Fransisco, CA. Relocation is fine. If they're suddenly accepted by humanity, fine. But they've all been turned into beautiful yuppies (at least in the Uncanny title). They can cut that crap out!

Now back to Batman...

Beautiful yuppies lol that is true and terrible.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

back to batman then who is going to be the new batman cause at the end of the comic they have the bat signal going but batman hasn't been seen alive in i think it said a month nightwing was holding the cowl but between him, robin, and jason todd who WILL be wearing the costume next?

this is on dc's website for nightwing #153 due out 2/4/09:

It's the fateful, final "Batman" Last Rites" issue featuring an "Origins and Omens" backup! As Robin, Dick Grayson fought alongside Batman as part of the dynamic duo, the greatest crime-fighting team in history. As Nightwing, he teamed up with his peers to combat injustice in the Titans and the Outsiders. Now, Dick Grayson faces the most important battle of his life. Batman is dead. The Mantle of the Bat must be passed, but it will require all of Dick's training and skills to carry out the last wishes of Bruce Wayne and protect Gotham City. Will it be enough to protect himself from the dangers that await him? Or is this the last the world will see of Nightwing?

All should be revealed in Final Crisis. Is this DC's way of boosting sales like they did with Cap? If they do kill off Bruce Wayne does that rewrite the possibility of Terry McGuiness putting on the costume? Or Are they hell bent on the idea McGuiness was only for the cartoon and Tim Drake is the future Batman Beyond.

Well for what its worth, i hope they do it right and do not mess with our heads...Grayson would be the next possible person to wear the mask, i hope he takes it

My deductive reasoning skills leads me to believe that Azrael/Jean-Paul Valley Jr. is the Black Glove.

Dick Grayson becomes Batman.

Damian becomes Robin.

Tim Drake becomes Nightwing.

Jason Todd is Red Robin.

Alfred is Bruce's biological father.

Serious spoilers to follow:

The rumour is that the Black Glove is......

Thomas Wayne, Bruce Wayne's father......who somehow survived the gun wound. This would be the impetus..........the ONLY thing that could make Batman give up the cowl, because it is the supposed death of his parents that is the sole reason for Batman's war on crime.

If his parents or one of his parents are not dead, then his reason for fighting crime go out the window.

At least this story arc.....

That's the worst thing I've heard in a long time............I hope that's not true....I'm like not mad just disappointed in DC for doing that if its true. That's kinda like saying Superman isn't an alien at all and was a test tube baby/project thing at Cadmus this whole time............awful. Its just disappointing....... @grumpy@

All should be revealed in Final Crisis. Is this DC's way of boosting sales like they did with Cap? If they do kill off Bruce Wayne does that rewrite the possibility of Terry McGuiness putting on the costume? Or Are they hell bent on the idea McGuiness was only for the cartoon and Tim Drake is the future Batman Beyond.

Well for what its worth, i hope they do it right and do not mess with our heads...Grayson would be the next possible person to wear the mask, i hope he takes it

I just don't think that fans will buy it. Grayson is Nightwing and was Robin. Drake is Robin. Wayne is Batman. That is just the way it works. I don't think we could see it any other way. Especially if they start doing stuff like Grayson becomes Batman, Drake becomes Nightwing to fill that void and then we get a new Robin. I think Wayne and Batman might be gone for a while only to make a return when Nightwing and Robin can't pick up the slack for all the criminals running around.

That's the worst thing I've heard in a long time............I hope that's not true....I'm like not mad just disappointed in DC for doing that if its true. That's kinda like saying Superman isn't an alien at all and was a test tube baby/project thing at Cadmus this whole time............awful. Its just disappointing....... @grumpy@
Don't worry. Right after the faux-reveal, Batman just calls his BS. The problem is, the reveal that it's all false is so subtle that idiots won't notice it.

My problem with the story is the usual Sloppy Grant Morrison Ending. I think the reason he can't write endings is that he's not really done yet...

The sad thing is, if Superman were a little less popular, I could easily see them coming up with a storyline like the one you mentioned, though if they can totally eff with Batman now, maybe Superman isn't sacred, either.

I don't think Batman Beyond is in DCU continuity but rather an Elseworld character/from the multiverse. At least that's what I think/hope. If Dick is filling in for Batman than DC is apparently copying Marvel with Nightwi........ I mean Windersoilder replacing Steve Rogers as Captain America. Not sure how permanent it will be but I think people will accept Dick Grayson as Batman more than AzBat. Still Nightwing is such a great character, it will be such a waste if DC really is trying to get Grayson to give up being Nightwing just to fill up Bruce Waynes mantle as Batman. He's obviously the only one capable since Tim Drake and Damian Wayne are both too young. I also don't get why TIm needs to be Nightwing, he's fine bing Robin.

Well its not Marvel is producing Shakespeare and the Marvel books I read is actually Ultimate series. And even that kind of makes me angry with Spidey b/c the kid will never age. But either way both are not the greatest stories anymore. Its almost like the movies are making the comics take a backseat. Like people only want the most realistic stories but as for the comics they seem to think that the fans will eat any old crap up.

I know this isn't a marvel thread but since were talkin marvel. I hear theres some big shake ups comeing for marvel in the comics. not sure what exactly but maybe some death of some kind. I just hear things are going to come to a head in the up coming year

you know man I am pretty much done with the mainstream comics. I love Batman, Superman, Spiderman and Wolverine but the mainstream has become so stupid. Every issue has a new writer and they have to "leave there mark" they can't write a fun issue. They write a self reflecting issue where the hero is "shaken to there core". Its like they are completely out of new or really just good ideas.

That's a great point. It's hard to keep track of writers, and so many seem like they can't just write the comic. It's not enough for them. They need to leave their fingerprints all over it, and too often that means either killing someone or bringing someone back from the dead.

That's the only way to "shake things up" in comic books now. Or they have some huge event that's not really huge, kill off someone(s), and remind us all that "this is the biggest thing to ever happen in this comic."

Exactly! Which is the reason fans keep leaving the comics of there favorite characters, b/c they end up hating BS done to character. No story can be fun anymore. It has to be either overly dramatic or one silly plot twist after another. And why does it seem like every time the phrase "This is the biggest thing ever to happen to this comic" ends up being just another low point in the history of that comic?

And just to prove us both completely right, Marvel announces "Dark Reign" this week, another storyline that will mean "things will never be the same again!" @loll@

Anyway, does anyone know when a trade paperback for Batman RIP will be available? I don't know how long it usually takes for trades to hit.

Well its not Marvel is producing Shakespeare and the Marvel books I read is actually Ultimate series. And even that kind of makes me angry with Spidey b/c the kid will never age. But either way both are not the greatest stories anymore. Its almost like the movies are making the comics take a backseat. Like people only want the most realistic stories but as for the comics they seem to think that the fans will eat any old crap up.

I know this isn't a marvel thread but since were talkin marvel. I hear theres some big shake ups comeing for marvel in the comics. not sure what exactly but maybe some death of some kind. I just hear things are going to come to a head in the up coming year

you know man I am pretty much done with the mainstream comics. I love Batman, Superman, Spiderman and Wolverine but the mainstream has become so stupid. Every issue has a new writer and they have to "leave there mark" they can't write a fun issue. They write a self reflecting issue where the hero is "shaken to there core". Its like they are completely out of new or really just good ideas.

That's a great point. It's hard to keep track of writers, and so many seem like they can't just write the comic. It's not enough for them. They need to leave their fingerprints all over it, and too often that means either killing someone or bringing someone back from the dead.

That's the only way to "shake things up" in comic books now. Or they have some huge event that's not really huge, kill off someone(s), and remind us all that "this is the biggest thing to ever happen in this comic."

Exactly! Which is the reason fans keep leaving the comics of there favorite characters, b/c they end up hating BS done to character. No story can be fun anymore. It has to be either overly dramatic or one silly plot twist after another. And why does it seem like every time the phrase "This is the biggest thing ever to happen to this comic" ends up being just another low point in the history of that comic?

And just to prove us both completely right, Marvel announces "Dark Reign" this week, another storyline that will mean "things will never be the same again!" @loll@

Anyway, does anyone know when a trade paperback for Batman RIP will be available? I don't know how long it usually takes for trades to hit.

it comes out in january i hope they come out with a figure line

it comes out in january i hope they come out with a figure line

Sweet. That's really soon.

And I bet DC Direct will make a figure line, though it probably won't be for a while since they've announced product up through much of 2009.

here is some bs i just found on wiki

The main Batman title is expected to feature several months of retrospective stories that 'showcase the legacy of the Batman' [5] Those will be followed by a two-part story by Neil Gaiman called "Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?" a play on the Superman story "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow" by Alan Moore, which was also the last story before major changes in the character.[6][7][8] According to DC Senior Vice President and executive editor Dan DiDio, Bruce Wayne does not really die in the storyline, though it leads to his absence.[9][10]

In addition, the titles Nightwing, Robin and Birds of Prey will be cancelled. A three part series entitled Battle for the Cowl, written and illustrated by Tony Daniel will focus on the aftermath of the series and the battle for Gotham.