Batman R.I.P

ExultedUnicron

i doubt either parent is alive cause the original question would've picked something up with all his crazy conspiracy theories. i think he would have come up with something like thomas wayne actually paid joe chill to kill his wife and shoot him because he was cheating or doing some illegal activities the wife found out about and she had to be killed but he couldn't just walk away without a scratch so he gets shot and bruce is a living witness to say thomas tried to stop the "robbery". but thats just "the question" if he was alive and came up with a theory, but who knows dc probably has a story if thomas wayne is alive maybe they will read this and steal it doubt it but hey who knows they pay guys how much to come up with crap like this.

That is actually the plot Dc came up with

Thomas Wayne was said to be havin an affair and forced his wife into drugs and orgies. He wanted someone to kill his wife, so he hired a thug to kill him. He also faked his murder so he would not be connected. Read that bit on wiki not too long ago

quoted from wikipedia:

Meanwhile Commissioner Gordon tries to stop a Gotham newspaper from running a story on a dossier allegedly compiled by a detective hired by the parents of Martha Wayne, which contains many shocking allegations: testimony that Thomas Wayne was a drunk who addicted his wife to heroin, insinuations that Alfred Pennyworth is Bruce Wayne's true biological father, and photographs depicting an orgy involving Thomas and Martha Wayne, Alfred, and the stars of John Mayhew's noir film "The Black Glove" and the theory that Thomas Wayne may still be alive, the "murder" of the Waynes was in truth an elaborate hoax, arranged by Thomas Wayne in order to kill his unfaithful wife and fake his own death.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i doubt either parent is alive cause the original question would've picked something up with all his crazy conspiracy theories. i think he would have come up with something like thomas wayne actually paid joe chill to kill his wife and shoot him because he was cheating or doing some illegal activities the wife found out about and she had to be killed but he couldn't just walk away without a scratch so he gets shot and bruce is a living witness to say thomas tried to stop the "robbery". but thats just "the question" if he was alive and came up with a theory, but who knows dc probably has a story if thomas wayne is alive maybe they will read this and steal it doubt it but hey who knows they pay guys how much to come up with crap like this.

Thomas Wayne was said to be havin an affair and forced his wife into drugs and orgies. He wanted someone to kill his wife, so he hired a thug to kill him. He also faked his murder so he would not be connected. Read that bit on wiki not too long ago

quoted from wikipedia:

Meanwhile Commissioner Gordon tries to stop a Gotham newspaper from running a story on a dossier allegedly compiled by a detective hired by the parents of Martha Wayne, which contains many shocking allegations: testimony that Thomas Wayne was a drunk who addicted his wife to heroin, insinuations that Alfred Pennyworth is Bruce Wayne's true biological father, and photographs depicting an orgy involving Thomas and Martha Wayne, Alfred, and the stars of John Mayhew's noir film "The Black Glove" and the theory that Thomas Wayne may still be alive, the "murder" of the Waynes was in truth an elaborate hoax, arranged by Thomas Wayne in order to kill his unfaithful wife and fake his own death.

Also, he blames Afred of bein the biological dad of batman

hahahahahahaha HOLY CHRIST that is awesome i wasn't big on batman i have picked up a couple things like knightfall, hush, death in the family, and a couple others i can't remember right now. i only picked up the rip cause nightwing was tied up in it i gave up outsiders when nightwing gave up leadership, and now rip with so many angles thats funny i guess i should read more wiki to get more info before i just up and make up stories that they have used whoops.

quoted from wikipedia:

Wow......so instead of reading an comic book we are now all reading The Bold and Gotham. The monthly soap opera, next month Barbara will learn that Gordon isn't her father and start taking pills to cope with the pain before falling out of her wheel chair.

Not only that,what would have been the point of Ra's Al Ghul taking both bodies way back when if someone was still alive?

STOP STOP STOP PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP......... my head hurts too many angles too cover i'll leave the detective work to the batman from now on.

Yeah really, I think DC is slowly scraping the bottom of the barrel here. Next we will find out that Jor El was never Superman's Kryptonian father, he was just some guy who loves ice and is stuck in the Fortress having a waking dream and muttering about his life.

and people wonder why I love Marvel comics

who doesn't love marvel or is it wolverine comics now considering that dink is in almost every title they run. sure batman and others get these crappy stories that are 20 years too late but they at least don't have batman at everywhere at the same time meaning there can't be any continuty cause there is no way wolverine can be in africa, us, japan, and russia all at the same time with 4 teams who could vouche for him being there or is that what they are doing with the secret invasion. ah thats it wolverine is a skrull and they have copied him 1000 times that is how he is everywhere.(my hatred for wolverine must not be a secret now)

and people wonder why I love Marvel comics

who doesn't love marvel or is it wolverine comics now considering that dink is in almost every title they run. sure batman and others get these crappy stories that are 20 years too late but they at least don't have batman at everywhere at the same time meaning there can't be any continuty cause there is no way wolverine can be in africa, us, japan, and russia all at the same time with 4 teams who could vouche for him being there or is that what they are doing with the secret invasion. ah thats it wolverine is a skrull and they have copied him 1000 times that is how he is everywhere.(my hatred for wolverine must not be a secret now)

Even still though the writing is still a little better than this Batman story that way more than 20 years too late. I mean I understand the idea of trying to create something that is so earth shattering it makes Bruce (the man who has seen everything and kicked its ass) give up Batman. But this story seems so....well dramatic. Its kind of silly I mean in during Hush the big thing was that Jason Todd was back and now its Thomas Wayne, screwing with decades and decades of continuity. At least Marvel isn't even trying at this point, I can't wait to see the clean up process that is done after this story to make the character assessable to non-fans again. Basically filler stories.

WAITAMINUTE MARVEL FANS!!!! What about One More Day where Spider-man makes a deal with Mephisto to keep his old, fragile, Aunt May alive at the cost of his marriage to MJ? And at the same time they "re-masked" him? I dropped that title cold at that point because they basically p!ss#d all over the last 10 years of my reading that title. NO MORE!

BOTH HOUSES are doing STUPID, STUPID things to either "fix" or mess up years/decades of continuity.

The only books I actually read the day I get them any more are the Green Lantern books. They're building up to an interesting story about different rings and powers and what not.

I do like the Ultimate Spider-man series (see I like some of Marvel's offerings too).

I'm going back to my geek cave.

Well its not Marvel is producing Shakespeare and the Marvel books I read is actually Ultimate series. And even that kind of makes me angry with Spidey b/c the kid will never age. But either way both are not the greatest stories anymore. Its almost like the movies are making the comics take a backseat. Like people only want the most realistic stories but as for the comics they seem to think that the fans will eat any old crap up.

Well its not Marvel is producing Shakespeare and the Marvel books I read is actually Ultimate series. And even that kind of makes me angry with Spidey b/c the kid will never age. But either way both are not the greatest stories anymore. Its almost like the movies are making the comics take a backseat. Like people only want the most realistic stories but as for the comics they seem to think that the fans will eat any old crap up.

I know this isn't a marvel thread but since were talkin marvel. I hear theres some big shake ups comeing for marvel in the comics. not sure what exactly but maybe some death of some kind. I just hear things are going to come to a head in the up coming year

I know this isn't a marvel thread but since were talkin marvel. I hear theres some big shake ups comeing for marvel in the comics. not sure what exactly but maybe some death of some kind. I just hear things are going to come to a head in the up coming year

you know man I am pretty much done with the mainstream comics. I love Batman, Superman, Spiderman and Wolverine but the mainstream has become so stupid. Every issue has a new writer and they have to "leave there mark" they can't write a fun issue. They write a self reflecting issue where the hero is "shaken to there core". Its like they are completely out of new or really just good ideas.

you know man I am pretty much done with the mainstream comics. I love Batman, Superman, Spiderman and Wolverine but the mainstream has become so stupid. Every issue has a new writer and they have to "leave there mark" they can't write a fun issue. They write a self reflecting issue where the hero is "shaken to there core". Its like they are completely out of new or really just good ideas.

That's a great point. It's hard to keep track of writers, and so many seem like they can't just write the comic. It's not enough for them. They need to leave their fingerprints all over it, and too often that means either killing someone or bringing someone back from the dead.

That's the only way to "shake things up" in comic books now. Or they have some huge event that's not really huge, kill off someone(s), and remind us all that "this is the biggest thing to ever happen in this comic."

That's a great point. It's hard to keep track of writers, and so many seem like they can't just write the comic. It's not enough for them. They need to leave their fingerprints all over it, and too often that means either killing someone or bringing someone back from the dead.

That's the only way to "shake things up" in comic books now. Or they have some huge event that's not really huge, kill off someone(s), and remind us all that "this is the biggest thing to ever happen in this comic."

Exactly! Which is the reason fans keep leaving the comics of there favorite characters, b/c they end up hating BS done to character. No story can be fun anymore. It has to be either overly dramatic or one silly plot twist after another. And why does it seem like every time the phrase "This is the biggest thing ever to happen to this comic" ends up being just another low point in the history of that comic?

its going to be jean paul valley......again lol

WAITAMINUTE MARVEL FANS!!!! What about One More Day where Spider-man makes a deal with Mephisto to keep his old, fragile, Aunt May alive at the cost of his marriage to MJ? And at the same time they "re-masked" him? I dropped that title cold at that point because they basically p!ss#d all over the last 10 years of my reading that title. NO MORE!

BOTH HOUSES are doing STUPID, STUPID things to either "fix" or mess up years/decades of continuity.

The only books I actually read the day I get them any more are the Green Lantern books. They're building up to an interesting story about different rings and powers and what not.

I do like the Ultimate Spider-man series (see I like some of Marvel's offerings too).

OK, I re-read One More Day. Mephisto changed Spider-man's personal history back into the 80s. Whem MJ left for a modelling job in LA. In the regular run, she returned to Parker and they got married when she returned. However, in this new timeline, she left Parker for good for a better life and better money in LA with a much better modelling career.

actualy mj made the deal not peter

OK, I re-read One More Day. Mephisto changed Spider-man's personal history back into the 80s. Whem MJ left for a modelling job in LA. In the regular run, she returned to Parker and they got married when she returned. However, in this new timeline, she left Parker for good for a better life and better money in LA with a much better modelling career.

Are they really back to that tired story line? That was going on when i was a frggin kid many years ago. I guess its true the more things change the more they stay the same....

So...show of hands who actually READ all of the RIP story?

I may be wrong but it sounds like a lot of people (not all) are just "boo hooing" the idea of someone else being Batman.

I just sat down and read the whole arc through-which I recommend doing because, I admit, if you wait months in between issues it can get confusing-and here's how it breaks down:

The whole plot is built around the idea that Batman is soooo smart, he's prepared for any and all kinds of attacks-even attacks against his mind (cool idea). Turns out, the Black Glove comes along and DOES attack his mind and Batman fights back with "The Batman of Zur En Arrh" persona that he created during his training (read the arc for more details on that one). In the end, it turns out that it's really Batman who's one step ahead of Black Glove and his gang and hands their @$$e$ to them. Again, pretty cool, IMO.

In a final confrontation with Black Glove, both he and Bats go down in a firey helecopter explosion...into the river, no less. Bruce Wayne gone for good? Highly unlikely.

Black Glove WAS NOT Thosmas Wayne. He's Mangrove Pierce. It's all in Batman 681. That info about Alfred being Bruce's father and and Martha Wayne being a drug whore was all false info fed to the press by the Black Glove meant to fool the people of Gotham and people who get their comic book storyline news from internet message boards. It's all there in the storyline.

So there :)

As for who's going to be Batman next and even what the circumstances behind it are... I have no idea. That's one of the MANY perks of not reading Wizard magazine anymore. I'm suprised.

And as for Spider-Man.....you all have fun reading a comic that will never go anywhere. Whether it's mainstream or Ultimate Spidey, editors are scared to death to have him progress anywhere beyond the Lee/Ditko era character. Ultimate Spidey? He'll never age. Mainstream Spidey? We were SUPPOSED to get "new and exciting" stories as a consequence of him revealing his identity in Civil War. Where are we with that one? Instead, continuity was altered to match the way things were 45 years ago. Like I say, have fun with that.

So...show of hands who actually READ all of the RIP story?

I may be wrong but it sounds like a lot of people (not all) are just "boo hooing" the idea of someone else being Batman.

I just sat down and read the whole arc through-which I recommend doing because, I admit, if you wait months in between issues it can get confusing-and here's how it breaks down:

The whole plot is built around the idea that Batman is soooo smart, he's prepared for any and all kinds of attacks-even attacks against his mind (cool idea). Turns out, the Black Glove comes along and DOES attack his mind and Batman fights back with "The Batman of Zur En Arrh" persona that he created during his training (read the arc for more details on that one). In the end, it turns out that it's really Batman who's one step ahead of Black Glove and his gang and hands their @$$e$ to them. Again, pretty cool, IMO.

In a final confrontation with Black Glove, both he and Bats go down in a firey helecopter explosion...into the river, no less. Bruce Wayne gone for good? Highly unlikely.

Black Glove WAS NOT Thosmas Wayne. He's Mangrove Pierce. It's all in Batman 681. That info about Alfred being Bruce's father and and Martha Wayne being a drug whore was all false info fed to the press by the Black Glove meant to fool the people of Gotham and people who get their comic book storyline news from internet message boards. It's all there in the storyline.

So there :)

As for who's going to be Batman next and even what the circumstances behind it are... I have no idea. That's one of the MANY perks of not reading Wizard magazine anymore. I'm suprised.

And as for Spider-Man.....you all have fun reading a comic that will never go anywhere. Whether it's mainstream or Ultimate Spidey, editors are scared to death to have him progress anywhere beyond the Lee/Ditko era character. Ultimate Spidey? He'll never age. Mainstream Spidey? We were SUPPOSED to get "new and exciting" stories as a consequence of him revealing his identity in Civil War. Where are we with that one? Instead, continuity was altered to match the way things were 45 years ago. Like I say, have fun with that.

thanks for the update on the Batman situation. Also for fans who have been into Marvel these past 10 years have really blown on some great DC stuff. for the past couple of years DC has been rocking with great storylines and character development. Marvel has sucked and the only good title right now it the HULK, other than that its a crap fest

i read nightwing and had to get all the rip series just to cover every angle of the story i know i complained this story is like 20 years too late but at least its not taking the last 20 years away like the whole spider-man story. the only problem i have with x-men is cyclops has another brother that has been "missing" for about 20 years and nobody knew except prof. x what kind of crap is that next wolverine is going to be the clone of x-23 and ben reily will come back considering the past god knows how long in spider-man means nothing. ahhh i feel better now.

the only problem i have with x-men is cyclops has another brother that has been "missing" for about 20 years and nobody knew except prof. x what kind of crap is that

I liked that story line. It was cool compared to now where the X Men have been relocated to San Fransisco, CA. Relocation is fine. If they're suddenly accepted by humanity, fine. But they've all been turned into beautiful yuppies (at least in the Uncanny title). They can cut that crap out!

Now back to Batman...