Anyone Else Running Out Of Room?

DarthJoe

So, as the 25th line continues to grow, I've found myself piling up more and more toys without room to display them. Tired of seeing boxes and piles of unopened figures sitting around, I decided to do some rearranging yesterday.

I thought I had everything pretty planned out, and was gonna have room for everything once I rearranged, but after getting my MOC figures displayed the way I wanted them, and just setting up a fraction of my collection, I realized I still don't have nearly enough room for all my stuff, much less the stuff I plan on getting in the future.

It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't collect GI Joe, ML, Star Wars (much of this I've sold on ebay over the last year due to lack of space), and now Transformers...but all 4 lines together are seriously restricting space. I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that I may have to part with quite a bit more Star Wars stuff, and possibly my ML collection to make more room for my first true toy love, GI Joe.

Anyways, here are some pics of what I've accomplished so far:

DSC01320.jpg

DSC01321.jpg

DSC01322.jpg

DSC01323.jpg

DSC01324.jpg

The sad part is, I haven't even accomplished what I set out to do yet...open some of this stuff that's still sitting around in boxes.

Anyone else in this same situation?

AHA! My filthy mess inspired you to orgainize I see. Since I know you're a neat freak: http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?act=f...mp;pid=16515887 and you can't possibly clean the disaster that is my toy room you were compeled to work on your own! I smite thee with my messy room!

Seriously, nice collection.

And yes, space is always an issue for me.

AHA! My filthy mess inspired you to orgainize I see. Since I know you're a neat freak: http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?act=f...mp;pid=16515887 and you can't possibly clean the disaster that is my toy room you were compeled to work on your own! I smite thee with my messy room!

Seriously, nice collection.

And yes, space is always an issue for me.

Haha!

I have a question for anyone in the know here.

Does anyone know of some nice looking shelves that are about 6 foot long, and maybe a foot to a foot and a half deep that stand on the floor? Possibly something I could pick up from Home Depot, Lowe's, etc?

If I could find something like that, it would help me immensely. :)

Does anyone know of some nice looking shelves that are about 6 foot long, and maybe a foot to a foot and a half deep that stand on the floor? Possibly something I could pick up from Home Depot, Lowe's, etc?

IKEA's probably you're best bet. They have a ridiculous amount of those.

Assuming there's no IKEA around you, the Depot has lots of shelving units as well, next time your near one pop in and see if they got one that'll suit your needs.

IKEA's probably you're best bet. They have a ridiculous amount of those.

Assuming there's no IKEA around you, the Depot has lots of shelving units as well, next time your near one pop in and see if they got one that'll suit your needs.

Ya, no IKEA here.

I'll check out Home Depot and Lowe's the next time I'm in town.

man.. I have BEEN out of room for years.

My walls look exactly like yours, except with Marvel Legends... ALL of them.. on 2 MUCH bigger walls.. And you know how big MLs are compared to Joes.. so yeah, it's bad.

My 25th Joes just get put in the cases they come to the store in.. I stack em up like that.

anyhow, my first advice to you is stop collecting transformers.

My walls look exactly like yours, except with Marvel Legends... ALL of them.. on 2 MUCH bigger walls.. And you know how big MLs are compared to Joes.. so yeah, it's bad.

My 25th Joes just get put in the cases they come to the store in.. I stack em up like that.

My advice to you is to not collect every Marvel Legend, or at least don't put ALL of them on the wall. Why not pack away abut eight Wolverines and free up some space to put REAL men on the walls?@loll@

Wait, I meant... um... @hmmm@

If you think toys take up alot of room, try storing 30,000+ comic books!!! I have a half of an attic(And its big!!!) full of stuff and ever closet in the house full! I even have stuff in my kitchen cabinets! I have nowhere to store let alone display...

My advice to you is to not collect every Marvel Legend, or at least don't put ALL of them on the wall. Why not pack away abut eight Wolverines and free up some space to put REAL men on the walls?@loll@

Wait, I meant... um... @hmmm@

I already have a Namor up there :)

Nice collection !!! i have my joes put away in a bin my walls are full already with movie masters figures and DCUC figures and my cyborg superman figs. but i feel you on no room I need a house to display my stuff and a house to live in lol....

yo joe

Joe, I feel you. I collect Star Wars, Takara Transformers, X-Men MLs, G.I. Joe some Videogame figures (HALO, Gears of War, Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy). On top of my toys, I am a huge video gamer. I have all three current gen consoles plus a modified PS2 to play imports, a regular PS2 an XBox, and Game Cube. Let's not even go into my game library or my DVD collection.

Her's the best advice I can hope to give you: soul search. I decided with my Star Wars collection being the biggest of them all to find the best quality version of each character and vehicles and sell the rest of them. The only exceptions I make are for the main characters and that's only if they have an iconic outfit like Hothgear or Endor fatigues. Once I got most of the VOTC figures, I sold off the others. There was no reason to have them around when I have far superior versions. I have done the same with my TFs. I will mainly collect the Takara Henkei! line and maybe any Encores of figures that i do not have any versions of. Cybertron and Animated may be the cool thing, but I am a G1 fan first in the TF realm so I am purging all non-G1 and non Beast Wars out. I have also decided to stop collecting 25thAGIJ figures and focus mainly on vintage style or re-issues. I will only collect the vehicles and if I have a vintage version, i am selling it since it is almost the exact same with with minor retooling. Hopefully this will give me more space. i have been eager to execute this purge, but school and work have not been very cooperative.

This is the model I offer: take the best versions of the characters' figures and keep them, sell the rest; determine which franchise means the most to you as far as TFs and only collect that line

i bought a shelf its about 7 feet tall and about 4 feet wide at walmart for $30, it was really cheap and it looks nice ill take a pic of it soon and post it for you

At one time, I had a 800 sq foot finished basement den to call my own, and I was able to display......everything.

I was glorious............truly glorious. Every figure I owned, every vehicle, every playset.

It gave pause to all who saw it.......it was awe-inspiring.

But its no more.

That was about 5 years ago, since then, I've moved a few times, and had some places that could display most, some could display a lot less......but they were all temporary location.

Now we have a new home, and I have a room set up for my work space and this is where the collection will go.

Its 100--maybe 150 sq ft, and I'll CRAM this room fulla stuff. ( do not tell my wife!)

Okay, I'll do as best as I can with it.

There's NEVER truly enough space, and in my case I'll have to rotate what I display. Some larger stuff will probably need special consideration--but I should be able to display pretty much anything.

Part of the fun is finding the right place for the right thing.

Nice setup Joe!

I feel your pain on the need for space. I have a pile of boxes sitting in the middle of my toy room that are figures I'm wanting to get rid of. Mostly Star Wars and my Simpsons collection.

i bought a shelf its about 7 feet tall and about 4 feet wide at walmart for $30, it was really cheap and it looks nice ill take a pic of it soon and post it for you

That was going to be a suggestion of mine as well. There is a company who makes pretty good-quality shelves, among other things. Sauder is the name - I use them exclusively. They have various sizes, one of which will probably fit your bill. The most common are founf at Walmart, Target, Big Lots, etc, and run in 3,4,and 5-shelf units that are about 3-feet long and a tad under 1-foot deep (wide). They are easy to assemble, quite affordable (20-50 depending on height), and look pretty good. You can find their website at http://www.sauder.com/ . Don't look at the prices, you should be able to find what you want in stores for less, especially at Ocean State Joblot or Big Lots. Wally works, too.

I have another wall dedicated to MOC ML's. There's 44 of them total...11 wide and 4 high..mostly my favorite characters. Here's an older pic:

DSC00953.jpg

This is the portion of my collection I'm considering getting rid of, or condensing...just narrowing it down to the favorites of my favorites, if that makes sense. @lol@

If I do, they'll go up along the wall that would be to the right of the pic, which has a closet with a double mirrored door on it...so around and above the mirror, possibly with a shelf above the closet for the loose ML's I have...which would also include narrowing down what I have left of my favorite loose ML's.

If I decide to do that, the wall in this pic would have a shelf unit against it, to hold GI Joe vehicles and more figures.