GI Joe resolute is where the line ends

Ren

I never understood these threads where people announce that they're no longer collecting a particular line. "Hear ye! Hear ye! I hereby declare that I will no longer be buying 25th anniversary GI Joes. For this day forth, I will only buy vintage figures..."

Even worse, sometimes these declarations are accompanied by editorials on how Hasbro has wronged us, the World, and the good name of GI Joe.

I've never seen the need to make such announcements or to draw such lines. I buy what I like and can afford. I sure as Hell don't buy every last thing especially if its a figure I don't want, have no interest in, or flat out dislike. I saw that Scrap-Iron and Wild Bill two-pack today. Wild Bill looks gaudy and Scrap Iron is going to be released on a single card. It's an easy pass. I'm not going to buy it out of some insane compulsion to be a completist. I saw the Wraith figure. He's not a character I had any connection with, but I liked the figure so I picked him up.

I think if people were a bit more casual about this hobby, they'd enjoy it more.

WORD.

Double word!

since the new joe show is a short series I doubt HAsbro is goin to focus the new line entirely on it. I mean, the new resolute two packs seems to be old characters that are new to the new scale series with core characters in bizarre attire that has yet to be seen in the resolute character drawin's.

Just that I really do not think Resolute to affect the 25th series;

I guess I should have prefaced the topic, "As a completist...I consider my collection complete when Resolute figures start hitting.... for the most part...except for a figure here and there"

Oh well, hindsights 20/20..........

Man guys, I didn't set out for this to be a complaint, just a redirection in Joe collecting.If is sounded like whining, I apologize to those were offended.

I guess I should have prefaced the topic, "As a completist...I consider my collection complete when Resolute figures start hitting.... for the most part...except for a figure here and there"

Man guys, I didn't set out for this to be a complaint, just a redirection in Joe collecting.If is sounded like whining, I apologize to those were offended.

HOW DARE YOU QUIT COLLECTING THE NEW ERA GI JOE'S!!!!

LOSER!!!!

EVERYONE POINT AND LAUGH AT THE LOSER!

@smilepunch@

On a more serious note, I totally understand where you're coming from. There have been quite a few times over the last 6 or 7 years that I've given up the current stuff to go back to vintage collecting...which I'm sure I'll do again.

Just goes to show how much cooler the old stuff is. ;)

HOW DARE YOU QUIT COLLECTING THE NEW ERA GI JOE'S!!!!

LOSER!!!!

EVERYONE POINT AND LAUGH AT THE LOSER!

@smilepunch@

On a more serious note, I totally understand where you're coming from. There have been quite a few times over the last 6 or 7 years that I've given up the current stuff to go back to vintage collecting...which I'm sure I'll do again.

Just goes to show how much cooler the old stuff is. ;)

Exactly Joe, I'm not drawing a line in the sand here, I'm just saying that I'm going from buying every single carded 25th figure to only buying an occasional carded Resolute figures that draw my interest. #US1# See? Happy faces!

Well, based on the pics, it seems Hasbro is aware of this consideration.

Both Shockwave and Tunnel Rat appear, more or less accurate and are packed with a couple of weirdos.

So it could be surmised that the Destro and Storm Shadow are the "Resolute" figures and that Shockwave and Tunnel Rat are packed in to make sure they sell.

Kinda like the way Destro was packed with Breaker or Shipwreck was packed with Copperhead. For MOST people, IMO, it was Breaker and Copperhead they wanted. Destro and Shipwreck were just along for the ride.

They could stop making the line today and I would still have months of buying to catch-up with amount of new product released this year!!! I'm almost overwhelmed.....
You're not the only one. I've kept up for the most part, but the last couple months have been tough. I love all the new products but they could slow it down a bit and I'd be happy.

I love all the new products but they could slow it down a bit and I'd be happy.

No way! Keep it coming, Hasbro! Machine gun us with figures...

...especially since as the Resolute and movie figures begin to clog the waves, I'll probably be slowing down myself.

I love all the new products but they could slow it down a bit and I'd be happy.

No way! Keep it coming, Hasbro! Machine gun us with figures...

...especially since as the Resolute and movie figures begin to clog the waves, I'll probably be slowing down myself.

Instead of freaking repaints and "filler" crap. I've seen ONE Firebat and the only place I can find the new singles is friggin Kohls.