Buying at your own risk

Wheeljack35

I've only done two deals on this board, and both came off without a hitch. The first wasn't really a deal, since some nice boardie just offered to e-mail a DVD-R of GI Joe comics, but the second was a real deal. I knew nothing of the seller (though I knew he posted regularly), and he probably knew nothing of me, but we corresponded through e-mail, I sent him a Paypal payment, and not longer after I got some figures in the mail. I guess I was lucky, but I was trusting and didn't get burned.

Ask around look at the trade forum to see if they have good trading feedback with other members. Bottom line you just gotta watch yourself and trust that most people will do the right thing.

hmmmm well now who you you really trust here i asked pooda if he could pick up a set of dcuc wave 5 for me but i figure he is a good guy i always read about how he helps people out but as far as the others i'm not too sure of. not to offend anybody i'm not about to say that everyone here is out to screw people to make money but its a big risk here not really too secure.

Interestingly, I noticed a post by a "Kevin Mason" (username) over on He-Man.org today. He only had two posts, and he was offering to do some kind of trade with people on the board. I wouldn't have paid any attention if not for the events here. I don't know if it's just a coincidence, and I'm not interested in what he was offering, anyway, but I'll certainly try to keep people over there from getting ripped off if it's the same guy.

Interestingly, I noticed a post by a "Kevin Mason" (username) over on He-Man.org today. He only had two posts, and he was offering to do some kind of trade with people on the board. I wouldn't have paid any attention if not for the events here. I don't know if it's just a coincidence, and I'm not interested in what he was offering, anyway, but I'll certainly try to keep people over there from getting ripped off if it's the same guy.

SEND ME THE LINK TO THE THREAD, I'm trying to shut this guy down, and if it's the same guy, he's gonna strike there!

we have to stop him before more people get taken. Don't let him get away with it there, just because he's bothering someone else!

you can PM me here, or you can reach me at criticalmess.net, I'm "Blis" there.

• 1 month later...

best advice if they have less posts than you make them send first

if they don't take paypal don't deal with them...

or again if anything have them send first :S

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

no personal info

you know his name thats enough.

Can we give out a city, state, and or address for this Mason guy so others might have a tell tale sign?

He has been know to use multiple mailing addresses from IL to FL , many alias', and many screen names. I wouldn't doubt if there he has a ring of "workers"

Before you ship to or buy from anyone make sure you do your homework. Ask other forum members if they have dealt with them, check feedback forum, and see what thier reputation points are.

Has anyone ever thought of contacting the local news in his area that most of his addresses center around? I thought of this the other day.. there way a local "eyewitness investigation" or whatever they called it, where someone tipped them onto a local guy, and the news investigated him and even knocked on his door and confronted him and talked to the cops about why they're not doing anything.. just thought maybe someone's who's compiling a list, or the owner of that site/thread with all Mason's info might want to contact the local news in his area, send them the link and see if they'll look into it seeing how he's still out there..

Just a thought... ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I sympathize for the people that have lost money, but I would never even consider trading over the internet with someone I had never met.

You'll be missing out on a huge collecting resource then.

By far, most of the folks I have traded with are people I have never met in person, and I have complete confidence in doing trades with them. I've only been burned ONCE in about 15 years on-line.

Common sense guides any on-line interaction. Honest people tend towards transparency--its easy to peer into their lives and read who they are.

My interest in collecting exploded exponentially once I started joining and trading within on-line communities--as did my access to the hobby and the stuff I collect. At the same time, the fellowship and camaraderie I experienced and shared with like-minded collectors made the whole thing more personally meaningful and rewarding.

Turning your back on that because of worrying about one or two trades going bad means you are missing out on soooo much more.

Use your head when you trade, and you should not have any problems.

Yes I'm sure he "legally" downloads those comics to read too... lol

@loll@ So how did they find out it was him this time ?.. Someone else get burrned I gather?..