Great Texas G.I. Joe Show V

matt74

Recieved this email about the Joe show that is here in the Dallas Area. It was a great one last year and I expect it to be even better this year. Worth the drive and I sold and bought as much at this show as I did at the Con. I have sold at the last 3 and have done very well and plan on selling at this one as well.

MATT

The Great Texas G.I. Joe Show will be back in 2009 - February 7th and 8th to be exact. The show will be at the same place as this year - the Arlington Convention Center , but we're moving into bigger digs to accommodate the dealers better and to also have an even bigger tank obstacle course. Cotswold Collectibles, Creative Diversions, and True Scale Armor are already on board, and the following are but a few of the dealers checking their calendars to see if they can make it:

- Toy Chest and Collectibles

- Echo Base Toys

- Newline Miniatures

- Plastic Panzers

- Timewalker Toys

- Ace Allgood

- Guru Planet

- The Toy Matrix

- Eva's Junque Shop

- Louis Simmons' 3&3/4" Figures

Also, if you would like to be a dealer at this show, please gimme a holler at gbrown@whidbey.net.

We'll be sure to keep this thread updated with more info as it becomes available. Hope to see you there!

Greg Brown

www.greattexasgijoeshow.com

Thanks for the heads up Matt, I'll mark my calendar.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

Greg from the Great Texas G.I. Joe Show V. As it stands, we will have some 3&3/4" Joe dealers at the show (Matt being one of them, another being Louis Simmons). We've been in talks with Guru Planet to come as well. If you are planning on attending the show and would like to see Guru there, please give them an e-mail shout of encouragement.

Also, if there are any other people (or shops) out there interested in attending as a dealer, gimme a shout at gbrown@whidbey.net or visit our site - www.greattexasgijoeshow.com to fill out a dealer ap. Would love to have more 3&3/4" represented at the show!

Thanks,

Greg Brown

Marketing

Great Texas G.I Joe Show V

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all,

Here is an updated line-up for those dealers who have signed up for the show:

- Creative Diversions

- Cotswold Collectibles

- True Scale Armor

- Plastic Panzers

- Echo Base Toys

- Toy Chest & Collectibles

- Wartime Structures

- Eva's Junque Shop

- The Toy Matrix

- Louis Simmon's 3&3/4" Figures

- Matt Stevenson (3&3/4" Joes)

- Lone Star Dolls (vintage 12" and 2&3/4" Joes)

- Greg Patterson (40th Anniversary Joes +)

- Texas Military Historical Society (WWII Re-enactors)

- DFW Division of the G.I. Joe Collectors' Club

- Newline Miniatures

- Ace Allgood - Action Unique

We've locked in the hotel rates at the nearby (ie - across the parking lot) Sheraton. The room rate for Friday and Saturday will be $99 a night. You can call in your reservations and say you are with the show and get the $99.00 room rate. The number for reservations is 817-261-8200. Just in case, the contact person is Kelly Cunningham-Misselhorn kmisselhorn@sheraton-arlington.com.

Hotel info can be checked out here - http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=3175

Finally, we're sending out an APB to all you kitbashers and customizers out there that we're accepting entries for the 1:18 scale Figure contests.

Info for 1:18 Scale Figure Contest

http://greattexasgijoeshow.com/Custom_Figure_Contests.html

The more the merrier. And don't sell yourself short on your handiwork. One competitor almost didn't bring his work at last year's show because he felt it wasn't contest-worthy, and he ended up placing!

Thanks,

Greg

The Great Texas G.I. Joe Show V

I can't speak for the other dealers, but I know that Cotswold Collectibles will be able to accept most all major credit cards. In fact, they'll be dabbling a little in 3&3/4" by offering the Cobra Arctic Assault Squad - just for the show.

Greg

Hey all,

FYI that as of today, we have zero submittals for the 3 & 3/4" custom figure competition. We need at least 5 competitors in the event to make it a go. Personally, we think the prizes are pretty good:

1st Place: G.I. Joe Collector's Club Exclusive figures, Munitia, Lt. Falcon, Airtight, & Cobra Night Viper

2nd Place: Cobra Arctic Assault Squad Set

If anyone is interested, please contact me at gbrown@whidbey.net. Need to know something in the next five days ot we'll need to cancel the 3 & 3/4" competition altogether.

Thanks,

Greg

Unfortunately, no. We extended an invite to the International G.I. Joe Club to attend and man a booth, but due to a conflict in schedule, they won't be there, boothwise. I was under the impression that either Brian or Lanny would drop by the show for a few hours, but it was more of to check things out than to promote or inveil anything new.

Woulda been nice though.

Greg

Well, I'm glad I made a post on the 3 & 3/4" contest, for I got about 8 e-mails from people saying they want to enter something. That being said, here are the rules for the competition:

http://greattexasgijoeshow.com/Custom_Figure_Contests.html

And here is the entry form:

http://greattexasgijoeshow.com/Custom_Figu...Entry_Form.html

Fill em out and send em in to me!

Thanks again.

Greg

Hey all,

The dealer room for the show is officially full as of today. Here's the rundown of who will be attending the show:

- Creative Diversions

- Cotswold Collectibles

- Wartime Structures

- Toy Chest & Collectibles

- G.I. Matt

- Louis Simmons 3 & 3/4" Action Figures

- R&S Custom Toys

- True Scale Armor

- Forgotten Treasures

- Plastic Panzers

- Eva's Junque Shop

- Ace Allgood's Vintage Joes

- Newline Miniatures

- Echo Base Toys

- Shaun's Vintage Action Figures

- Greg Patterson (40th Anniversary Joes)

- The Wounded Warrior Project

- The Texas Military Historical Society

- The DFW Chapter of the International G.I. Joe Collectors' Club

- Olde Days of Yore Customs

- Lone Star Figures & Dolls

- Action Unique

- KMNY AM Radio

- Ed Wood's Joes

We are also in talks with Sideshow Toys to preview the upcoming 12" RAH Snake Eyes figure (keep your fingers crossed). We will also have new item previews from ZC Girl, Soldier Story and DID as well.

That's about it (for now)...

Thanks,

Greg