DCUC WAVE 2.5

pooda

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could find any of them....

Befor this line really took off i found the long hair aquaman on e bay for about 25 bucks and i got real lucky and there was a guy near me selling the short hair aquaman on e bay and i won the bid which was like 19 bucks. So i just met him some where and got it for 20 even. I gave him a buck for his trouble..

You can find deals on e bay sometimes. this isn't fact but the best times I'V found to shop on there is when things are ending on the weekend and sunday before 12pm.

Befor this line really took off i found the long hair aquaman on e bay for about 25 bucks and i got real lucky and there was a guy near me selling the short hair aquaman on e bay and i won the bid which was like 19 bucks. So i just met him some where and got it for 20 even. I gave him a buck for his trouble..

You can find deals on e bay sometimes. this isn't fact but the best times I'V found to shop on there is when things are ending on the weekend and sunday before 12pm.

I've never bought anything off of e-bay....I still like finding things at stores or occasionally ordering off of the online stores....I guess I'm old-fashion like that!

I've never bought anything off of e-bay....I still like finding things at stores or occasionally ordering off of the online stores....I guess I'm old-fashion like that!

Hey i enjoy the hunt as much as the next guy. But when you hunt for 4 to 6 months and nothing because the stores aren't carrying them, or scalpers keep buying up every set they can find and not letting the rest of us find any so they can put them on whatever site they sell them on, and call them hard to find then you do what you have to.

Good example is last night a guy bought up 4 cases of the new DCUC wave 5. so he can sell them on e bay I know this cause I saw some one selling from around here and it has to be the same guy cause theres only one walmart selling these around my area. Well within a 100 mile area i'v called lol.

which i understand wanting to make money but damn you cant leave one set for some one else. Thats just greed at its finest. And i missed him or the figures by like 5 minets the lady that checked me out checked him out befor hand.

Thats one reason i have been so pissed i mean one wal mart selling these and you have to deal with that and the other 200 collectors around. I will say the guy did leave the extra riddlers behind since there comeing 2 to a case. Its just really dishearting when you call for weeks and hunt around for weeks and months and find nothing and I mean nothing.

You may get lucky and find this or that but it will have a crap paint app or the box will be crushed which is the only reason its left behind. So we have to deal with the scaps left by scalpers. I'm at a point I agree with another guy on here people need to just stop driveing up the prices on e bay so maybe the scalpers will leave behind more than crumbs or nothing at all..... am i wrong for feeling that way?????/

Na, I agree nonameshmo. It is frustrating finding this line. So far, from wave 2, all I've been able to find in store was a crappy blue slurppy Superman, and that was back in the day when these first came out, nothing since. And it sucks, that if we want to be able to have these, we would have to go to a third party like ebay. Personally, like with wave 3, I just waited till there were enough of the full set on ebay to buy it for pretty much price. I am not going to play the bidding game, not because I don't have the money (you have to have money for this hobby) but because I don't want to give extra hard earned money to some slob who makes a living buying what others don't have/want and reselling it to them at a higher price. There is no real work involved, and there is no real risk, because if it doesn't sell, he can always return it. I am not giving into that and I would rather not have them/risk trying to find them in store, than paying double for what they did. So I know exactily where you are comming from shmo.

The scalpers just make the case for companies to start selling direct to consumers via an online store. Yeah, I like hunting for figures and the little nostalgic thrill I get for it, but there's nothing in the world like the frustration you feel when you simply cannot get something without paying an outrageous price for it. The fans suffer because they cannot get their toys, the company suffers because they see a disconnect between the selling and the fan outrage, and the middleman suffers when they have to deal with the fans. Eventually this kills any good line when the fans finally give up in disgust. And the only one in the wrong here is the scalper who still thinks they're going to make a mint off of all those 'Code Red' spawn figures they have sitting in their basement.

I think we should really give encouragement to Mattel to make an online DC store so we can show our appreciation of the line and all the hard work that's going into it. I wouldn't mind paying a few more bucks per figure just so I can actually get the figure and support a line that has a lot of potential that's ruined by a few idiots who want to make a fast buck off of a freaking toy. I know it'll be a cash outlay, but I'd rather deal with that than deal with the disappointment of not getting a toy, but realizing that the line may crash and burn on top of it. That's just a sad thing to deal with, and we should be doing more things than worrying about that.

if i see jason or short haired aquaman, i'll get it, but i doubt i'll ever find them.

i've been buying more and more online. it's no longer worth the time and effort to me to hunt for them. although part of that is the only thing close to me is a single Target. ebay is a mixed blessing as scalpers may not be the only source of toy drought (poor distribution, glut of collectors), so sometimes it is the only way i can complete sets or get a variant. i'm still debating whether to just start preorder dcuc online. i do like to find things in stores and not pay for shipping, although i can justify the shipping cost by not zipping around and burning gas constantly.

frustrating that dcuc 5 is a walmart exclusive as well as the ML nemesis wave.

So is this wave back in stores again or not? I thought I heard Mattel was going to release this wave, with the switch out of Jason for Ronnie and that they realize distribution was F$*&ed on the the first release of the wave. I have to say I've been lucky with this line so far, have the complete 1st, 3rd, and 5th (the Walmart exclusive) waves so far but understand finding these can be hard. I haven't seen any of wave 4 on the shelves but see them online everywhere and went back to Walmart a couple hours after I got my exclusive wave there, leaving two complete waves on the shelf, to find them all gone less the 3 hours later. So really count myself lucky there. Still bummer to be missing Classic Aquaman, Harley Quinn, and the Jason Rusch Firestorm to not only finish my CaC Grodd but my modern and classic JLA line up as well.

Hey i enjoy the hunt as much as the next guy. But when you hunt for 4 to 6 months and nothing because the stores aren't carrying them, or scalpers keep buying up every set they can find and not letting the rest of us find any so they can put them on whatever site they sell them on, and call them hard to find then you do what you have to.

Good example is last night a guy bought up 4 cases of the new DCUC wave 5. so he can sell them on e bay I know this cause I saw some one selling from around here and it has to be the same guy cause theres only one walmart selling these around my area. Well within a 100 mile area i'v called lol.

which i understand wanting to make money but damn you cant leave one set for some one else. Thats just greed at its finest. And i missed him or the figures by like 5 minets the lady that checked me out checked him out befor hand.

Thats one reason i have been so pissed i mean one wal mart selling these and you have to deal with that and the other 200 collectors around. I will say the guy did leave the extra riddlers behind since there comeing 2 to a case. Its just really dishearting when you call for weeks and hunt around for weeks and months and find nothing and I mean nothing.

You may get lucky and find this or that but it will have a crap paint app or the box will be crushed which is the only reason its left behind. So we have to deal with the scaps left by scalpers. I'm at a point I agree with another guy on here people need to just stop driveing up the prices on e bay so maybe the scalpers will leave behind more than crumbs or nothing at all..... am i wrong for feeling that way?????/

AMEN!! PREACH IT BROTHA SHOMO!!

how do we know that these are the rerelease ones or the old ones?

Check out what i missed out on buy mear seconds.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DC-UNIVERSE-WAVE-2-FIR...A1%7C240%3A1318

i feel like crying. it was so cheap!!!

That really wasn't a decent price. For that much you could have had two or three DCU figures.

I absolutely refuse to pay any more than a few dollars more than retail for any figure--rare or commonplace. I'll keep an eye out for one for you when they start showing up.