Kohl's Calls The Cops On Me For Shopping For G.I. Joes...

Outsiders

I forgot Kohl's sell stuff lol.

Sorry to say that I never did get a Wraith and either Kohl's never got the figures or decided not to call me back...

I'm going to check out another Kohl's this Friday to see if maybe they got anything...

Why would you even want to go back? If they treat you like crap I mean. Its not like you can't eventually get your fix at Walmart, Target, Kay Bee, K-Mart, the internet or other stores.

The employees who were helping you didn't even back you up.

Well, I do have about 4 Kohl's in my surrounding areas so I can always check the other 3 and I didn't get a chance to call HTS today but I'm calling them tomorrow and this is one heck of a story...

wow, I gotta say these are some pretty crazy stories, sucks gettin the cops called on ya and no figures to show for it either bummer man.

Kohl's huh? I might have to check the ones around here before the holiday hits to heavy.

I wanna know why the hell KOHLS got new stuff and not the other "big" retailers. I remember to look and found, I think, all the new comic packs and all of the latest wave of singles.

I didn't get htem becuase I wasn't going to pay $13 for a comic pack and $10 for a single.

And THAT is a little weird to me.

I wanna know why the hell KOHLS got new stuff and not the other "big" retailers. I remember to look and found, I think, all the new comic packs and all of the latest wave of singles.

I didn't get htem becuase I wasn't going to pay $13 for a comic pack and $10 for a single.

And THAT is a little weird to me.

The only thing I can think of is that they are waiting for Black Friday.

damn thats funny lol...i would have prob got arrested cuz i would have said some smart ass remark to the cop

Same here. I hate being treated as a criminal when I'm doing nothing wrong.

Actually, I've been in situations similar to this, and have got pretty irritated...

First, let me preface this by saying that I have very little respect for law enforcement in my area. When I was a teenager, I received two separate tickets for traffic violations, simply because I was a young kid driving around at night, and the officers involved pulled me over hoping to catch me doing something I wasn't doing, and gave me tickets because they didn't catch me drinking or with drugs on me, and needed to make the stop look good...even though what they ticketed me for was complete BS and were for nothing I was in violation of. I was also stopped once, and patted down, for walking on a sidewalk, by a school, late at night, on my way to go get cigarettes from a nearby gas station, and given the excuse "we had reports of a 'suspicious person' looking in windows."

For the last five years, I've been the manager of a convenience store/gas station, and when it comes to calling the cops for theft, property damage, or whatever, most of the time, we're lucky to get them to come to the store on the day we call them. If I lived in a larger area, it would be understandable, but most of the cops in this area are more concerned over where they're gonna have their next lunch break together than out preventing real crime. I've also had my own vehicle hit in the parking lot at work...we had the license of the guy, and a video and everything, and the police never helped me resolve the case. Every time I called them on it, they would give me lines like, "Well, we're still looking into it...blah, blah, blah" so I eventually just gave up after a few months, and chalked it up as a loss. However, when it comes to running alcohol or tobacco stings on our store, which they get bonuses through the state for, they're all over it like stink on sh**.

So, to my story...

Two summers ago, I was fishing with my cousin, who is a cop himself (who has always been insecure and had low self-esteem, which led to him being a cop), and two of my friends. The lake we were fishing on is right by a road on the way up to the reservoir here in my area. We were all drinking beer, except for my cousin since he was our sober driver, and having a decent amount of fun.

After an hour or so there, I see a forest service truck drive by, and think nothing of it, as there are usually a lot of forest service people in that area. About 15 minutes later, this same truck comes back and pulls in where we are. The officer gets out, and walks over to us, asking how we're doing and if we're catching any fish. After BS'ing with us for a few minutes, he points at me, and says, "Can you come over here for a second?"

I follow him over to his truck where he instantly starts the interrogation...

Officer: "So, when I drove by earlier I saw you smoking something. What was it?"

Me: "If I was smoking something, it was probably a cigarette."

Officer: "Probably? So you don't know?"

At this point, I'm instantly irritated by the fact that what was supposed to be a fun day out with the boys, has turned into a forest service "marijuana shakedown."

I look the forest service guy straight in the eyes, and pretty angrily say, "Ya know, I'm pretty offended you're even asking me this. If you think I was smoking a joint, you're wrong, cause I wasn't."

Officer: "Well, you don't seem to know what you WERE smoking."

At this point, I'm getting pissed.

Officer: "If you have 'something' on you, just be straight with me."

Me: "All I have is cigarettes."

Officer: "Just tell me the truth, don't worry about your friends. If you have something, you're not in that much trouble."

Now I'm beyond angry.

Me: "I've told you a couple times now, I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING ON ME."

Officer: "Well, what were you smoking when I drove by?"

Me: "I TOLD YOU, IT WAS A CIGARETTE...this is BULLSHIT!"

I turn around and walk away from him, pretty f***ing pissed off. He follows me over to my group of friends where he tells us to have a good day.

Well, at this point, our day out is pretty much ruined cause I'm in a sh*tty mood, so we decide to pack up and go home. To top it off, my cop cousin lectures me the entire way home about how he probably would've used his taser gun on someone if they had walked away from him the way I did the forest service officer.

Seriously...WTF?!?

What am I supposed to do? Stand there and continue to give the same answer to the same bullshit questions over and over again until I admit to something I wasn't doing?

These are just a few of the reasons I have very little respect for law enforcement.

Yeah, they had pretty low standards for Law enforcement in the the county where I grew up, and I'm still trying to shake bad associations in my head and not stereotype a whole profession. I'm just hoping that the scary racist kid at my high school with the trunk full of HATE literature didn't fulfill his dream of becoming a cop, but I'm not holding my breath. [sigh]

• 4 months later...

Im still waiting for the day this happens to me. I roll into my local TRU about 2-3 times a week and STILL the people look at me like im a criminal COMMON! most of the times i roll in there with my wife!. I like to comb through the toy aisle pretty thoroughly, and every time im in there i will have the same 2 "bigger looking" guys roll up on me and ask if i need anything. REALLY? you dont know my face by now? One time im pretty sure they gathered by the doors to stop me? i mean common, im a grown man, i dress nice, im clean cut, and im in there with my wife. Do you really think im going to load up on action figures and make a run for it?

I also had a target security guard follow me on time. I had a basket of joes and was wondering through the clothes are looking for my wife, i assume he probably thought i was looking for a hiding place to stuff them in my pants or whatever. Those guys are dumb asses lol they talk to you like they are an actual police officer. Funny thing is, if they actually lay a hand on you, you could sue the store.

When i was younger i got a job as a security guard. They could not stress enough that all we can do write down the situation. They even told us not to defend ourselves, but to just run away. WTF? really? Needless to say i quit that job super quick.

Those guys are dumb asses lol they talk to you like they are an actual police officer. Funny thing is, if they actually lay a hand on you, you could sue the store.

It depends on where you are. In Canada, all they need are reasonable and probable grounds to first ASK you to come with them to the office for an inspection. If you decline, and step to move away its considered assault by trespass and they can manhandle you into custody. If the perp fights back, the guards are entitled by law to defend themselves up to the point of not breaking a limb or taking a life--which still leaves open a lot of options to subdue someone.

People dismiss guards as wannabe cops--but those that are properly trained essentially do function as "police"-albeit with very limited authority. If their job is asset protection, then they have to follow someone they suspect to see whether or not that person is committing a crime against the property. Its not personal, its just their job.

After she told you somebody was "casing" the Kohl's and looking for cameras, I would have busted out laughing as hard and loud as I could so everybody would look at the two of us and say "Who the EFF would case a Kohl's?!? Hi! Robbery 101. Rob places that MAKE money, you silly bint."

i had a cop outright admit on a stand that he arrested me with no evidence, no witnesses and no real motive. talk about dumb. he said he arrested me because he was sure of the information he had gathered from one persons report, who claimed they didnt know who was involved. he thought it was so easy open and shut, he arrested me to make his name in the paper and look like a hero cop in a small town, needless to say he's now a meter maid in said small town

I'll never forget when the cops shut down the last ever show at the Pipeline in Newark, NJ. IN NEWARK, NJ! They were actually concerned with shutting down a show!

Nevermind that Rudy was always sending the cops to shut down shows and clubs in NYC.

Maybe it was the attire?

5bfd7df241fe9f548488d9a085e8.jpeg

The late night toy hunting wardrobe might be a problem? @smilepunch@

What a strange thread to necro.

But, yeah, I get the stares at Target, TRUs and Wal Marts.

I mean, alot of collectors are adults....you think they'd be used to seeing guys in their 20s/30s shopping for toys. Chicks don't get that treatment if they are in the toy isle....surely they are just shopping for kids, but us guys.....well, we MUST be there to hide stuff, steal some stuff, and then grab some random kid and run out the door.

Sheesh.

this crazy old lady called the cops on me and my fellow workers on a friday night at the pizza shop i work at.... firday night so we're crazy busy... she thought she left her purse at the shop. we tell her she didn't over the phone a couple times but we'll look just to make sure. she finally comes down and starts yelling and swearing at us (her neck came up to the counter, she was soooo short and old....) and we just tried to ignore because the phone was ringing off the hook and their were 15 other people in the lobby waiting for their food. so she leaves and the cops show up like an hour later... take all our names address and what not and ask us what happened. we had to wait for the owner to come down to review the tapes and they clearly see the lady walk out with the purse on her shoulder. she calls back as they're watching the tapes to say that she found her purse... apparently her husband ran it over in the garage??? she said she was mad about it and so upset because she had over 1000 that she hides from her husband in said purse....WTF... i hope i'm not a crotchety, mean old person...

this crazy old lady called the cops on me and my fellow workers on a friday night at the pizza shop i work at.... firday night so we're crazy busy... she thought she left her purse at the shop. we tell her she didn't over the phone a couple times but we'll look just to make sure. she finally comes down and starts yelling and swearing at us (her neck came up to the counter, she was soooo short and old....) and we just tried to ignore because the phone was ringing off the hook and their were 15 other people in the lobby waiting for their food. so she leaves and the cops show up like an hour later... take all our names address and what not and ask us what happened. we had to wait for the owner to come down to review the tapes and they clearly see the lady walk out with the purse on her shoulder. she calls back as they're watching the tapes to say that she found her purse... apparently her husband ran it over in the garage??? she said she was mad about it and so upset because she had over 1000 that she hides from her husband in said purse....WTF... i hope i'm not a crotchety, mean old person...

You should have asked the cops if you could press charges against her for stealing her own purse.

Maybe it was the attire?

5bfd7df241fe9f548488d9a085e8.jpeg

The late night toy hunting wardrobe might be a problem? @smilepunch@

Where did you get that picture? They told me there was no pictures taken!! @grumpy@ @smilepunch@